United States BoC fans

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
rodox_head wrote:The northern tip of Sacramento CA.

oakmoss&amber wrote:Lake County, Florida. Rolling hills and lakes about 20 minutes west of Orlando.

SamuraiDrifter wrote:I'm out in the woods of rural Minnesota.
(bordering Canada)

Navaru wrote:Live in New Mexico now, the land of enchantment.

Sky and Trails wrote:sigh...Oklahoma.

EHL wrote:texas

chronical wrote:I like guns and hexagons.

Biznasty wrote:Not the states but the same continent at least.

Yeah :( , we're never gonna see another Dorset meet-up are we?

It would be so much fun to hang out with you UK fans. I feel like you all have known about BOC longer, and we fans in the States just figured out that Warp is an awesome label.
Granted, I'm speaking about myself, but I'm applying it to everyone, like a true American. :wink:
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Dayvan Cowboy
Sky and Trails wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Yeah :(, we're never gonna see another Dorset meet-up are we?

It would be so much fun to hang out with you UK fans. I feel like you all have known about BOC longer, and we fans in the States just figured out that Warp is an awesome label.
Granted, I'm speaking about myself, but I'm applying it to everyone, like a true American. :wink:

If you don't come to Yorkshire for a meet-up, I'd be bitterly disappointed. Hypothetically, I'm sure we'd all raise a glass to your name. :wink:

Eagle Minded
It's settled!
We should all have some virtual get-togethers or something sometime.

I'll be the American that shows up asking why you UK-ers are all in bed but it's still daylight in my country ;)
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Posts Quantity
Santa Clarita CA. (Just north of Los Angeles proper)

Boqurant
Virginia (not bordering Canada unfortunately)

Posts Quantity
Buffalo NY here!

Friendly Stranger
southern California, halfway between LA and San Diego.
ɪɲ ʕʰɘɼɾʏ ɟȺɱɨʟʮ

"My world is your dreamworld, and vice versa. However, and as discussed, the two worlds are coming together apace. [78103301]"

"Dazzled or enlightened, he tries to understand and, at times, to expand the rules of a game he never asked to take part in, and that he is not allowed to renounce."

New Seed
New York/New Jersey border, 15min outside of Manhattan

Sherbet Head
Midwest, could drive or boat to Canada if I wanted to

Eagle Minded
Iowa, I have family in Ontario though, so I visit Canada quite often.
no information at this moment in time

Posts Quantity
Oregon. It's expensive to be here but I at least live in a beautiful place out in the country, so that makes up for it.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Eagle Minded
chicago IL. really love it here but im thinking about moving to washington state someday...
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Eagle Minded
Massachusetts! Discovered this thread with surprise- I've been a long time boc fan, and it turns out the user who made this thread is a fellow I know and have collaberated with on a music video! His stuff is neat, you should check out Documavision on instagram and youtube. He worked with Spirit of the Beehive on a music vid!

Eagle Minded
"came of age" in southeastern Pennsylvania, but I have lived in Vermont for a little over a decade now and currently hang my hat(s) in Burlington, VT.
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Friendly Stranger
Being a fan of boards of Canada and living in ohio sometimes feels very surreal, music fits the environment sometimes, sometimes no way

Boqurant
Shout out to all the Minnesotans here, I didn't realize we were an actual demographic at this site.

This thread is funny, I feel like as an American we were not only late to the BOC game but really late to some of the genius of electronic music. Everyone here kind of "discovered" some of the more brilliant acts (including Warp artists) when high speed internet became a thing.

In the actual 90s when you Europeans were listening to Aphex, BOC, Ninja Tune artists, we were too busy listening to Alannis Morisette and Spin Doctors on MTV.

The thing that a lot of Europeans don't understand about us, is as much flack as you give us for being stupid and uncultured, the problem is bigger than you think.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada