GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 2139
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
drixlin wrote:Alright, I don't normally wade into the theory waters too much, but I have thoughts....

The next album (and I firmly believe there is one complete and it was delayed out of their control - see Danny Brown) will be space and/or tech-themed.

Announcement: will it be a simple "here's our new album, it's dropping on *insertdate*" or would/should we expect something more? Personally, I could see them going further down the tech route. The TH ARG was incredible, but unlikely to be repeated - that being said, with the explosive rise in AI and VR/AR tech within the last few years, could we see something like a companion art app released? I believe someone else did something similar recently (AFX?), so I wouldn't necessarily think it would be the same - but could we see some sort of art companion merged with tech as part of this release?

I have absolutely nothing to base any of this on, so take it as you will...but their work so far has covered so many different themes that I wouldn't be shocked to see space/tech represented. I may be letting my own personal bias drive this a little bit, but hey! It's all speculation anyway, haha!


Maybe we'll get ourselves an update of the video game on their early website. MDG said (lol in 2015) that a new website would be up with news on what they were doing. Maybe it'll be a new fangled website based on what you're describing.

Of course 2015 was a long friggin time ago. But I'm sure there is gonna be something fancy done like what they did with Aphex recently. Not to mention the OPN phone calls!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 871
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
Happy Halloween and happy ATP07 listening

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1121
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Jango9 wrote:
ryetronics wrote:I have sources deep within Warp that are confirming to me, through back-channels, that the release will drop Sept 31, 2023. You read it here first folks.

I was just now combing through here looking for something else and found this post that aged spectacularly poorly lmao, do with it as you will


LOL, I was taking the piss at all the other posts making the same predictions in this thread.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 329
Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Jango9 wrote:
ryetronics wrote:I have sources deep within Warp that are confirming to me, through back-channels, that the release will drop Sept 31, 2023. You read it here first folks.

I was just now combing through here looking for something else and found this post that aged spectacularly poorly lmao, do with it as you will


I don't think it aged poorly so much as it was a joke given that there's no such day as September 31st in any year.

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1121
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Location: Texas
IronMark wrote:
Jango9 wrote:
ryetronics wrote:I have sources deep within Warp that are confirming to me, through back-channels, that the release will drop Sept 31, 2023. You read it here first folks.

I was just now combing through here looking for something else and found this post that aged spectacularly poorly lmao, do with it as you will


I don't think it aged poorly so much as it was a joke given that there's no such day as September 31st in any year.


Yes, thank you for noticing! Perhaps it was too meta and needed a /s at the end!

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 2139
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
MDG hasn't been on since February. There must not be any rascals he needs to wrangle lately.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 718
Joined: 16 Mar 2015
Location: Somewhere Else
ryetronics wrote:
IronMark wrote:I don't think it aged poorly so much as it was a joke given that there's no such day as September 31st in any year.
Yes, thank you for noticing! Perhaps it was too meta and needed a /s at the end!
Fuckin' hell, looks like you've made a monkey's uncle out of me! :lol:
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 871
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
Thats assuming Rye knew there werent 31 days in September lol Went straight over my head!

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1121
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Location: Texas
luminousdusk wrote:Thats assuming Rye knew there werent 31 days in September lol Went straight over my head!


Don't we all know the knuckle counting trick? : )

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 871
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
ryetronics wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:Thats assuming Rye knew there werent 31 days in September lol Went straight over my head!


Don't we all know the knuckle counting trick? : )


I do now 8)

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 141
Joined: 22 Mar 2023
babylulu wrote:so how about that Spiro huh?

out of all their tracks i need a studio recording of Spiro the most


Me too. In the meanwhile though, we have this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHQyTLGkwCs
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 82
Joined: 3 May 2020
There's a new post on the Instagram account of a fan video for Slow This Bird Down. That's the first new activity in a good while

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 56
Joined: 30 Apr 2021
NorthernPlastics wrote:There's a new post on the Instagram account of a fan video for Slow This Bird Down. That's the first new activity in a good while


Every time they post something out of the blue that turns out to be an old clip that fulfils their social media obligations for the next 12 months.

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 141
Joined: 22 Mar 2023
Burning Shadow wrote:
NorthernPlastics wrote:There's a new post on the Instagram account of a fan video for Slow This Bird Down. That's the first new activity in a good while


Every time they post something out of the blue that turns out to be an old clip that fulfils their social media obligations for the next 12 months.


It doesn't really mean anything though. It's been going on for the past 10 years and nothing is different about it this time around.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 1814
Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
phpBB [media]

This is so GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC coded
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 871
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
You'd think the bros could upload an old tune or something. Just one, They must have one old tune lying around they wouldnt mind releasing

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 141
Joined: 22 Mar 2023
luminousdusk wrote:You'd think the bros could upload an old tune or something. Just one, They must have one old tune lying around they wouldnt mind releasing


Let's be real: the boxset concept is off the table, it's been off since Old Tunes leaked.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 871
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
qukk_ wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:You'd think the bros could upload an old tune or something. Just one, They must have one old tune lying around they wouldnt mind releasing


Let's be real: the boxset concept is off the table, it's been off since Old Tunes leaked.


Hold your horses! I only asked for a cheeseburger not the whole happy meal

Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 438
Joined: 2 Mar 2020
Mans gotta eat Lahey

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Joined: 22 Jan 2021
When they said Tomorrow’s Harvest, when exactly was the tomorrow they were referring to? Maybe that’s now and we can reap the benefits.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests