GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Magrathea wrote:Wow, just wow, public lynching eh?

What happened to freedom of expression My sad first name homonym? This is a grotesque break of the very spirit of democracy and debate.

I will not be a part of it. This agression feels very ad hominem, and frankly is below what I would expect from you.

Take it to DM, if you wish, peeps need not exposed to drama.

Out to the high road

I also exercise my freedom of expression by responding critically and with substance to all the cynicism on this forum with regards to Hexagon Sun people and the future of the band. Seeya later!

Boqurant
Any significance to the date 3/16, besides Stone Cold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boqurant
BuShPuPpEt0 wrote:Any significance to the date 3/16, besides Stone Cold?

John 3:16 In-Context

“16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

“Angel number 316 comes as a reminder that you are a spiritual being, and your thoughts and actions hold the power to shape your reality. You have a divine purpose that you must work towards fulfilling, and this number is an indication that you are headed in the right direction.”

“This number 316 is called Angel Number because the Angels send you hints, warnings, cautions, and messages of help and assistance in your life journey.”

“Angel Number 316 in Twin Flame tells you about reunion and reformation with your twin Flame as you have been separated.”

“When you keep seeing Angel Number 316 regularly, it is a good sign and an auspicious omen for you.

It brings the message to express your gratitude and to remain thankful to the Angels and Ascended Masters. Number 316 encourages hope, faith, trust, and achievement from your Angels.”

Boqurant
Previous Instagram post was on 2/9

“Angel numbers mixed sequence 2 and 9 show the time you will come to celebrate because you never gave up going after your dreams. Besides, you have to see the difficult situations differently. In other words, the more challenging it is, the more you become stronger.”

“In numerology (or supreme mathematics ), the number 9 represents completion. It is the final stage before birth of a complete life... 9 months in the womb. It is the final number before the number cycle begins repeating itself (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,... 10, 11, 12, etc.).

So the whole 9 yards, to be on cloud 9, dressed to the 9s... completion.”

Posts Quantity
SonicDimension wrote:They ought to stop procrastinating by obsessing over minute details in the mix, and just release some music.

did you really just say that?

:shock:
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
hey guys, let's campaign to get Boards of Canada to stop obsessing over minute details.

lol

jus sayin, that's kinda cray cray bruh
"R-Worded"

ColinWallis wrote:
SonicDimension wrote:They ought to stop procrastinating by obsessing over minute details in the mix, and just release some music.

Half-assed BoC > no BoC, right? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The wait is hard, but it will be proven necessary evil.

Eagle Minded
Thank you ColinWallis and Fredd-E for your responses, I was feeling the same sentiments. The cynicism is pretty high in the thread atm. I would just say be patient folks. It's confirmed that something is on the way.

Posts Quantity
ColinWallis wrote:

Many people focus on the creative production techniques that this band uses more than the music itself. While I appreciate the attention paid to all those psychedelic details, I think that the melodies are the most interesting aspect of Boards of Canada.

Even if you believe that the sound design and production are the crucial element of BoC's appeal, the guys certainly don't need to spend more than a decade tweaking to generate a dozen mind-blowing tracks.

Posts Quantity
artists need to spend whatever amount of time they feel is necessary to generate whatever it is they generate.

I can't understand why anyone would suggest any great artist should alter their methods. especially for time sensitivity, aka entitled expectation / impatience.

If anything, I more often feel pretty much the opposite, that a lot of artists burn out too fast because they want to stay relevant, or are chasing something, forcing out too much material when if they had focused longer and harder on less, it would probably be better. (quality vs. quantity)

of course there are exceptions, but truly prolific artists who's quality doesn't falter are quite rare.
"R-Worded"

ColinWallis wrote:of course there are exceptions, but truly prolific artists who's quality doesn't falter are quite rare.

http://loscil.ca :idea:

My #2 artist all time currently preceded by BoC and followed by Autechre.

Eagle Minded
King Gizzard is prob the best example I could come up with off the top of my head in terms of prolific output. I can't say I've listened to all of their stuff, but the few five or so I've heard are consistently amazing.

Boqurant
It’s confirmed something is on the way.

However nothing about what timescale this involves has been confirmed.

Sherbet Head
What a messy page 1138

Posts Quantity
ah, THE FUTURE IS HERE

I'll have to listen to more Loscil. Off the top of my head some of the most prolific artists I'm a fan of are Of Montreal, DMX Krew, Mike Paradinas, The Future Sound Of London, Kool Keith, Luke Vibert...

There are a lot of prolific artists I guess, but in comparison to most, I think it's still pretty rare.
"R-Worded"

Friendly Stranger
I’m of the opinion that each new BoC surpassed the previous ones, so that’s good reason for all the anticipation of what’s next.

Today is tomorrow.

Friendly Stranger

Dayvan Cowboy
steeldancer-x wrote:What a messy page 1138

lol

Sherbet Head
Keep this one tidy folks :D

Eagle Minded
Here's to a better page 1139.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada