GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
luminousdusk wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:We have the 'right to roam' in Scotland

that's cool. but do you have the right to children too though?

No, Music has the right to children.

What a great name for an album!

best album name ever
i will get that tattooed. music has the fucking right to children 8)
yes, i would love to be free!

Sherbet Head
NorthSaturnian wrote:best album name ever
i will get that tattooed. music has the fucking right to children 8)

Yes! Getting that tattooed is one very important thought

Eagle Minded
Sorry to break up this riveting conversation. But there is some very interesting things happening in the strange soup thread that have to do with this upcoming solar eclipse. A lot to mention here, its best if everyone caught up on this and took a look at it.

At the moment we have a ton of users online. And I keep coming back to this important number at the bottom of this page. 1038. The most users online on Sept 30th a Seven Forty Seven date & a Sheol Boundary Date.

Call me crazy.
But if you add 10 + 38
You get 48

4.8.24 is the eclipse date.

Sometimes there’s to many coincidences to ignore.
It’s the season.

Best,
HexagonFox

hexagonFox wrote:Call me crazy.

Almost too easy :)

Whatever's happening in the Strange Soup thread clearly has nothing to do with M&M.

Do you have any new interesting BoC theories for this thread?

Sherbet Head
Also the solar eclipse is only visible for a portion of the US

Back to the riveting conversation

Friendly Stranger
Then.. a 2d silence ensued haha.

Count me in for the hexagon shaped bonfire at a red moon night! I'll bring some acid punch.

About the quality v quantity remark. I recon BoC doesn't feel that much of a pressure to frequently release anything. Kind of obvious really. The frequency was higher in the past during their first years. I suspect they nowadays focus more on family and enjoying nature. It wouldn't surprise me if they liked to trek through nature and camp outdoors, enjoying stars on a clear night, and of course getting soaked frequently considering they live in Scotland. :)

I'll ask Rob & Sean next week if they've seen Michael & Marcus recently and how they are doing.
“If you can’t laugh at life, it just isn’t funny anymore.” (Wavy Gravy quoted by Sasha in PiHKAL: https://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/read.php?id=64)

Posts Quantity
sund0wn wrote:About the quality v quantity remark. I recon BoC doesn't feel that much of a pressure to frequently release anything. Kind of obvious really. The frequency was higher in the past during their first years. I suspect they nowadays focus more on family and enjoying nature. It wouldn't surprise me if they liked to trek through nature and camp outdoors, enjoying stars on a clear night, and of course getting soaked frequently considering they live in Scotland. :)

I had similar thoughts before ‘Tomorrow’s Harvest’ was released, but then they said in an interview that they had been spending fifteen hours a day in the studio or whatever. It gave me the impression that they were as obsessed with making music as ever. If that pattern continued in the last decade, then it is rather bizarre that no original music has been released. On the other hand, if they did decide to spend more time chilling in the woods or something, it would be perfectly understandable.

SonicDimension wrote:I had similar thoughts before ‘Tomorrow’s Harvest’ was released, but then they said in an interview that they had been spending fifteen hours a day in the studio or whatever. It gave me the impression that they were as obsessed with making music as ever. If that pattern continued in the last decade, then it is rather bizarre that no original music has been released. On the other hand, if they did decide to spend more time chilling in the woods or something, it would be perfectly understandable.

https://bocpages.org/wiki/Talk_To_The_Hand,_Chokri

HUMO: "There's a gap of eight long years between the 'The Campfire Headphase' and 'Tomorrow's Harvest', long enough to build houses and raise families. Is it true you've been mainly dealing with pacifiers and trowels?"

"Mike Sandison: "We did some travelling for a while and have been working on some personal projects, after that we made our EP 'Trans Canada Highway'. Right after that - it was already the end of 2006 - we started writing the songs for 'Tomorrow's Harvest', but we didn't get much further than just make sketches: we suddenly realized our studio was way too small, and that we should optimize it. Once you start with rebuilding you never know where it's gonna end, so it took us a lot of time. At the same time we indeed started raising kids, it took a long while before we actually started to write songs. I'm shocked every time someone tells us our previous record is eight years old, it feels like a lot less than that, cause we've been very busy with things that's not of any business of the outside world.""

Posts Quantity
Fredd-E wrote:
HUMO: "There's a gap of eight long years between the 'The Campfire Headphase' and 'Tomorrow's Harvest', long enough to build houses and raise families. Is it true you've been mainly dealing with pacifiers and trowels?"

"Mike Sandison: "We did some travelling for a while and have been working on some personal projects, after that we made our EP 'Trans Canada Highway'. Right after that - it was already the end of 2006 - we started writing the songs for 'Tomorrow's Harvest', but we didn't get much further than just make sketches: we suddenly realized our studio was way too small, and that we should optimize it. Once you start with rebuilding you never know where it's gonna end, so it took us a lot of time. At the same time we indeed started raising kids, it took a long while before we actually started to write songs. I'm shocked every time someone tells us our previous record is eight years old, it feels like a lot less than that, cause we've been very busy with things that's not of any business of the outside world.""

Ah yes, the old ‘rebuilding the studio’ ploy. Classic artist procrastination method. :lol: What was the result of the studio ‘optimization?’ One release in 18 years (aside from a few remixes).

SonicDimension wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:

Ah yes, the old ‘rebuilding the studio’ ploy. Classic artist procrastination method. :lol: What was the result of the studio ‘optimization?’ One release in 18 years (aside from a few remixes).

The result? Tomorrow’s Harvest perhaps?

And why casually ignoring the other valid factors in that quote?
They can fill in those long gaps however they see fit.

Eagle Minded
Or you could look at it as 3 releases in 19 years when this next album drops before 2024 ends.

Dayvan Cowboy
I think IF they making a space album. And the distances are hard to comprehend. So it must take time that we not used to

Eagle Minded
SonicDimension wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:

You're making a lot of assumptions here. And you're also calling them lazy?

Posts Quantity
I'm inclined to think that they live by their own philosophy.
ImageImage

Posts Quantity
NTFMTS wrote:You're making a lot of assumptions here. And you're also calling them lazy?

No, I assume that they have been working on music (and maybe some other projects) throughout this period. I guess that their perfectionist tendencies prevent them from completing tracks that they feel comfortable presenting to the outside world.

Do you honestly believe that they needed to rebuild or expand their studio in order to make better art? 'Tomorrow's Harvest' is my least favorite Boards of Canada album, so perhaps they should downsize the studio for the next one. They once said, "If you gave us a bucket and two pieces of plywood we would try to make a good album with them." I think it's time. Take lo-fi DIY music-making to the next level. :)

Eagle Minded
I don't think artists need a bigger studio to make better art, but also, rebuilding and renovating a studio is not uncommon and useful for workflow. I don't think there's a direct correlation with TH and studio management. They're people like the rest of us and perhaps had a lot going on in life outside of BoC.

But also fair point, a lot of my favorite records were made in a limited, lo fi DIY situation.

Sherbet Head
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXY and Z now I know my ABCs next time won't you sing with me

Sherbet Head
Well done, Alphabet be hard. Sure I'll sing. Let's sing Telephasic workshop, That'd be a fun game with 10 friends, 5 beat boxing and 5 making the brain damaged vocals

Sherbet Head

All positive energies directed to the ionosphere
Atmospheric and telepathic conditions - good
All sacraments and rituals successfully administered
The conduit through the etherwave was open
The Hexagon Sun shall shine on us all once more..

luminousdusk wrote:The Hexagon Sun shall shine on us all once more..

And it can’t come soon enough :!:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada