GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 130
Joined: 22 Mar 2023
cabal rose tv wrote:Dont want to get anybodys hopes up for nothing, but I think I found something interesting. On Spotify it says that BOC will play a concert at... Copa America in Orlando, Florida. Now, thats obviously false, but hear me out. Their mixtape was called Societas X Tape, now Copa America is historicaly a latin america tournament, and Societas is a spanish word, right? To make it more interesting, the Societas X Tape cover was a photo of some band playing in California, not much right? But the logo under which they played (under the coke sign) was "Cement, Gravel, and Rock Co." while the stadium where BOC will "play their concert" is called "Inter Co Stadium". Coincidence with that "Co"? Last, but not least, if you open up the link from Spotify while on your phone, it will open up in Spotify app, but when you copy the link from there, and paste it into a browser, it has an affiliate id at the very end of it, and it says the id to be "4272". 4+2=6 and 7+2=9. 69, like 1969, or Sixtyniner. Hmmm, not sure what to make out of it, but what do you guys think about all this? Is that just a coincidence, or something is happening?

Cheers


my dad is ceo of boards of canada he confirmed it
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

User avatar
New Seed
Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Joined: 25 Feb 2024
i think its pretty neat how waiting for a new album gave the entire boc community schizophrenia

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Joined: 7 Jul 2023
Location: Poland
Didnt know it was contagious lmao. Btw you've got to give me some credit, that was pretty neat, right?

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 487
Joined: 5 Jan 2021
according to my calculations, new BOC (,,nuboccy´´ if you will) is on the way RIGHT NOW
yes, i would love to be free!

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 130
Joined: 22 Mar 2023
NorthSaturnian wrote:according to my calculations, new BOC (,,nuboccy´´ if you will) is on the way RIGHT NOW


can confirm my dad is mdg he confirmed it
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 4297
Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
NorthSaturnian wrote:according to my calculations, new BOC (,,nuboccy´´ if you will) is on the way RIGHT NOW

RIGHT NOW seems about RIGHT, but what speed?

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Joined: 7 Jul 2023
Location: Poland
qukk_ wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:according to my calculations, new BOC (,,nuboccy´´ if you will) is on the way RIGHT NOW


can confirm my dad is mdg he confirmed it


Your dads cool, mine left for smokes when I was little, and never came back.

jk lol

But how long before they release something new? Im DYING :(

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 408
Joined: 12 Sep 2020
I think we hear something about the new album in April. I think we have the new album before June.

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 4297
Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Davism wrote:I think we hear something about the new album in April. I think we have the new album before June.

Sounds great, and if it doesn't work out we go for May, followed by June, July, August, September, October and November at the latest.

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 130
Joined: 22 Mar 2023
Fredd-E wrote:
Davism wrote:I think we hear something about the new album in April. I think we have the new album before June.

Sounds great, and if it doesn't work out we go for May, followed by June, July, August, September, October and November at the latest.


Don't forget, there's always next year
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 4297
Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
qukk_ wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:
Davism wrote:I think we hear something about the new album in April. I think we have the new album before June.

Sounds great, and if it doesn't work out we go for May, followed by June, July, August, September, October and November at the latest.


Don't forget, there's always next year

Yes, the bocset? :)

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 329
Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
cabal rose tv wrote:
qukk_ wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:according to my calculations, new BOC (,,nuboccy´´ if you will) is on the way RIGHT NOW


can confirm my dad is mdg he confirmed it


Your dads cool, mine left for smokes when I was little, and never came back.


Smokes Quantity?

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Joined: 7 Jul 2023
Location: Poland
Thats correct 8)

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Joined: 3 Dec 2007
Good morning

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5V3ibpM ... RvdmIyYnR5


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 408
Joined: 12 Sep 2020
I have a feeling today's post was more politically motivated.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 408
Joined: 12 Sep 2020
Rather than leading to the new album.... but I'll still take it!

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 389
Joined: 20 Apr 2021
Image

Given BOC’s recent post ……….Echelon has some explaining to do!!!

Where’s he been huh?!?!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON

Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Joined: 13 Feb 2024
Oh my. This post certainly feels different. Gives you something to chew on.
I suspect this theme (ai/technology and social development related, government control) could very well be that of the new album. It would also fit their study background nicely, as it was Marcus(?) who studied AI. Quite a relevant topic in any case, and in line with the emotions that TH brought forth.

Did anybody notice the "70" right after the announcer? Could refer to Music70 of course.
“If you can’t laugh at life, it just isn’t funny anymore.” (Wavy Gravy quoted by Sasha in PiHKAL: https://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/read.php?id=64)

Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Joined: 13 Feb 2024
I was in a hurry and a bit enthousiastic.. and now I can't remove the post anymore.

So, on second thought: Just another video (albeit a very cool one) made by other people than BoC. Very little to chew on except that I dig their vibe.
Personally I'm a bit annoyed by the fact that I quickly assume it has anything to do with a release or having subliminal messages, instead of just enjoying it as it is. From here onwards I solemnly and publically swear I will only enjoy whatever "is", instead of longing for more than that which is or could be. Amen.

sund0wn wrote:Oh my. This post certainly feels different. Gives you something to chew on.
I suspect this theme (ai/technology and social development related, government control) could very well be that of the new album. It would also fit their study background nicely, as it was Marcus(?) who studied AI. Quite a relevant topic in any case, and in line with the emotions that TH brought forth.

Did anybody notice the "70" right after the announcer? Could refer to Music70 of course.
Last edited by sund0wn on Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If you can’t laugh at life, it just isn’t funny anymore.” (Wavy Gravy quoted by Sasha in PiHKAL: https://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/read.php?id=64)

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 552
Joined: 19 Sep 2022
Location: USA
LET'S DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests