Let's take a dip into Diving Station

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
We've never really found a satisfying answer to "162.225 MHz". I know a little about radio, but not much.

One person who might be able to shed some light on this is the guy that produces this YT channel. I've never messaged him, but maybe someone on here wants run it by him and see if he's interested. Maybe he'd even produce a video? In other words, crowdsourcing this might be a way to get somewhere with this 22 year old mystery.

https://www.youtube.com/@RingwayManchester

Friendly Stranger
Since you mentioned TH ARG, this might just be a coincidence, but they sent out the cosecha signals exactly 70 years after Albert Hoffman rode his bike home on LSD.

Sherbet Head
Josh wrote:We've never really found a satisfying answer to "162.225 MHz". I know a little about radio, but not much.

One person who might be able to shed some light on this is the guy that produces this YT channel. I've never messaged him, but maybe someone on here wants run it by him and see if he's interested. Maybe he'd even produce a video? In other words, crowdsourcing this might be a way to get somewhere with this 22 year old mystery.

https://www.youtube.com/@RingwayManchester

Yes mate exactly, Crowd source this. I don't mind messaging the guy and see what he has to say, I'm already subbed to him I think, he is the radio guy for sure, great idea!

Sherbet Head
ASYMPTOTE wrote:Since you mentioned TH ARG, this might just be a coincidence, but they sent out the cosecha signals exactly 70 years after Albert Hoffman rode his bike home on LSD.

I never knew that mate, Is it a coincidence? With BoC you never know! But strange coincidences happen, What would be even stranger is if strange coincidences never happened

Sherbet Head
I have emailed RingwayManchester, Hoping he can provide us some insight into this frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
Diving station reminds me of Bioshock

Sherbet Head
The bass in Diving Station is absolutely phenomenal, Its amazing when you feel it vibrating your entire body

Sherbet Head
Chat GPT - 162.255 MHz is a common frequency used for NOAA Weather Radio broadcasts in the United States. It's typically used for providing weather forecasts, alerts, public safety communication warnings and other emergency information.

It could be relating to the track Energy warning

Posts Quantity
i wouldn’t rely on ChatGPT

Sherbet Head
I think the information it provided is accurate. Don't you agree?

Sherbet Head

Be RF aware

Different electromagnetic frequencies (EMFs) affect our health and well-being. Researchers analyzed over 500 scientific studies to identify specific EMF frequencies that either support life or harm it. These frequencies seem to resonate with certain biological structures, like solitons or polaron quasi particles, which are like waves within living systems. They play a role in how cells communicate and organize themselves. Interestingly, similar frequency patterns were found in other biological and non-biological systems, suggesting a universal underlying principle. The frequencies they identified can be mapped out using a mathematical approach similar to Pythagorean tuning, revealing a pattern based on powers of 2 and 3. This pattern might represent a fundamental structure that influences both living and non-living things, like a hidden variable in quantum theory.

Sherbet Head
I can't get any further with this so I'm going to let it go for now. Hope you all enjoyed watching me go through another BoC induced psychosis <3

Friendly Stranger
<3

Sherbet Head
No no wait I want more hz information

Sherbet Head
Still waiting on a reply from Ringway, Probably not going to get one to be honest.
hopefully someone will try the recipe, Quite surprised nobody has had a crack at it yet.
I have a gut feeling the 162.255mhz is referring to Energy Warning, Although the math is quite coincidentally close to what I've been talking about with the speed of the track.. Who knows

Friendly Stranger
What if that's just the radio frequency that jump started BoC? Maybe being a child of the 70's and 80's, and all you had was this sweet new transistor radio and your imagination. I feel like 162.255mhz is a call back and a call forward. Like they are forecasting what is to come.

Friendly Stranger
I hope I'm not dismissing anyone or anything, There's just an absurd amount of layers to the whole thing. Loony bin bound if you ask me all you need is a new contraption to capture the dandelion in one piece. Ɛ>

Sherbet Head
ASYMPTOTE wrote:absurd amount of layers

Yeah mate that's pretty much BoC isn't it?

Sherbet Head
luminousdusk wrote:Still waiting on a reply from Ringway, Probably not going to get one to be honest.
hopefully someone will try the recipe, Quite surprised nobody has had a crack at it yet.
I have a gut feeling the 162.255mhz is referring to Energy Warning, Although the math is quite coincidentally close to what I've been talking about with the speed of the track.. Who knows

You gave it a shot.

Dayvan Cowboy
I like it, so Diving station contains bad frequency? I actually enjoy it, it’s pretty chill track :)

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada