Geogaddi

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Hi all, I tried to look for a Geogaddi thread via the search which gave me nothing. So here we go, I therefor create this thread.

A moment ago I had a moment of Clarity I guess and thought that the elusive title "Geogaddi" stands for something like "You god eye" said with a drunken slur and then immediately afterwards I got a thought into my mind that felt like I should write that did't really think it myself, I know this sounds strange but to me it felt like my own thought.

Not really sure what to make of this.

Another interesting thing to mention here is perhaps that there is quite a particular story related to religion about my username and how I started using it as my music producer alias. Any one who can figure out the meaning of "chzi" here?

And add... what do you think of Geogaddi? For me it's my all time favourite album all genres and times considered. A true masterpiece, a Magnum Opus. No further comment needed from me regarding this I guess. :)

Boqurant
Hmm, was that post created without being from my username? How on Earth could this happen..?

I got another thought like that just now telling me that "You shall not take credit for the work of others".

And then I noticed that The Random Sound sub section had 6666 threads now. I took a screen shot of it that I put here: http://www.christianseance.com/6666.png

I'm a bit lost for words right now.

Dayvan Cowboy
Love it, remember hearing tracks like Diving Station and Corsair for the first time :shock:

Boqurant
I have an idea of what is going on. The forum looked really strange to me the past weeks, the layout was completely off and the particuar detail I noticed was that my username was not shown on my posts in this thread. I changed from Chrome to Firefox now and voilá - the proper layout of the forum was back - and also the full posts with username as it should be.

Believe it or not folks, and I know how unbelievable this might seem but I think that the universal force (which I call "Source"), the collective consciousness is playing games with us through me. Perhaps it is time for us to figure out the meaning of Geogaddi with some divine help in this thread. This is the though that came running through my mind now at least. Let' see.

Sherbet Head
To me Geogaddi means Source as you put it

A name for the force of nature, mathematics, consciousness, synchronicity and spirituality

Dayvan Cowboy
I like the idea of Source (universal force). Isn’t the last track called From one source all things depend and children talking about God?

Boqurant
It is the 24th extra track on the japanese version, yes. https://bocpages.org/wiki/From_One_Sour ... ngs_Depend

Sherbet Head
"Source" is the brain.
This indifferent universe is only but what you think of it

Geogaddi is #1 btw. Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the blue kaleidoscope on the back of the CD a brain?

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogaddi, I said it countless times is their magnum opus, nothing can touch it.

I think that why waiting for their next LP I shall conjecture about if it will happen before the spontaneous appearance of a Boltzmann Brain.
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Boqurant
Geogaddi / The Syzygy Theory

I have a theory on how the Universe works, it's like we live in a Matrix where everyone meet on the same server, in the same "chat" channel, so to say.. but we run different versions of reality (programs) through our consciouness, so everything seems logical to each of us at the same time. So complicated to explain this. But I've experienced glitches in the matrix, missing time and other strange phenomena I can't find any other explanation for.

I call it The Syzygy Theory.

I just wrote this conversation with an acquaintance here https://www.facebook.com/chriiistiaaan/ ... T75jvDfCDl
- You mean that we live in some sort of simulation? That´s not one of the most improbable theories, have considered that one myself
- You could call it a Reality Matrix. Or non-virtual Reality i guess. Not really a simulation, but yes - good Word to describe it.
- I think you and I are like saints/angels live life the way we are with free will. While sinners/demons live without free etc.
- it depends on how you describe non and true virtual reality, but I understand what you mean
- Or maybe you are a devil in disguise. Or me!
- Christian you never now
- There’s probably two worlds, like mirrors, that are inverted. Like in David Lynches works.. Twin Peaks, Mulholland Drive etc
- I believe that there are multiple timelines existing and that we are here to see to that the one that is most benificial for humanity will be the one that we exist in for real

One world is God/Satan's dream, like heaven/hell. Geogaddi is maybe the name of the other one, or something else related to this.. like hell (or heaven).

Our favourite Brothers are Boards of Canada in Heaven and Hell Interface in hell. Or the opposite.

Haha, what do you think?

I just posted a mix some days ago based on this theme too
https://soundcloud.com/christianseance/ ... ant-us-all

/chzi (my artist name for producing music, comes from the pinyin name of Budai, the monk who is e usually identified with (or as an incarnation of) Maitreya, the rumoured future Buddha / Messiah in eastern folklore. http://tibetanbuddhistencyclopedia.com/ ... .php/Budai )

Boqurant
Geogaddi / The Syzygy Theory

I have a theory on how the Universe works, it's like we live in a Matrix where everyone meet on the same server, in the same "chat" channel, so to say.. but we run different versions of reality (programs) through our consciouness, so everything seems logical to each of us at the same time. So complicated to explain this. But I've experienced glitches in the matrix, missing time and other strange phenomena I can't find any other explanation for.

I call it The Syzygy Theory.

I just wrote this conversation with an acquaintance here https://www.facebook.com/chriiistiaaan/ ... T75jvDfCDl
- You mean that we live in some sort of simulation? That´s not one of the most improbable theories, have considered that one myself
- You could call it a Reality Matrix. Or non-virtual Reality i guess. Not really a simulation, but yes - good Word to describe it.
- I think you and I are like saints/angels live life the way we are with free will. While sinners/demons live without free etc.
- it depends on how you describe non and true virtual reality, but I understand what you mean
- Or maybe you are a devil in disguise. Or me!
- Christian you never now
- There’s probably two worlds, like mirrors, that are inverted. Like in David Lynches works.. Twin Peaks, Mulholland Drive etc
- I believe that there are multiple timelines existing and that we are here to see to that the one that is most benificial for humanity will be the one that we exist in for real

One world is God/Satan's dream, like heaven/hell. Geogaddi is maybe the name of the other one, or something else related to this.. like hell (or heaven).

Our favourite Brothers are Boards of Canada in Heaven and Hell Interface in hell. Or the opposite.

Haha, what do you think?

I just posted a mix some days ago based on this theme too
https://soundcloud.com/christianseance/ ... ant-us-all

/chzi (my artist name for producing music, comes from the pinyin name of Budai, the monk who is e usually identified with (or as an incarnation of) Maitreya, the rumoured future Buddha / Messiah in eastern folklore. http://tibetanbuddhistencyclopedia.com/ ... .php/Budai )

Sherbet Head
I figured out last time on my flavored listen that Geogaddi is one big giant puzzle
think i like that

Friendly Stranger
Could "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" possibly be another influence of Geogaddi?

Friendly Stranger

I don't know, a little hexagonesque

Friendly Stranger
Does Geogaddi have anything to do with cellular automata theory? Interesting stuff nonetheless.

Eagle Minded
I would say that cellular automata is covered in Geogaddi insofar as they deal with lots of interesting aspects of mathematics, emergent properties, and similar philosophical themes in the album. So I say yes.

Friendly Stranger
"But the book cannot be understood unless one first learns to comprehend the language and read the letters in which it is composed. It is written in the language of mathematics, and its characters are triangles, circles, and other geometric figures without which it is humanly impossible to understand a single word of it; without these, one wanders about in a dark labyrinth" -Galileo

Return to Boards of Canada