What are your hopes/expectations for the next release?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

What are your hopes/expectations for a new release?

New LP or EP
61%
Collection of bonus tracks, remixes and compilation appearances
3%
An Old Tunes/Pre-Twoism box set
35%

Total votes: 88

Dayvan Cowboy
I have to admit these guys can put on a clinic when it comes to trolling people who take the time to do their homework, hats off!

Their 6/6 post could have been construed to be tied to Macquarie Island, which was discovered by accident. 10/10 was this years observation of Columbus Day, observing the fact that Columbus "accidentally" discovered the New World in 1492 as well.

With 28 tweets and 45 likes as of 10/10, a 46th like would have given you 1492 if you divided the first number by 2 and multiplied the second one by 2.

Alias from Anticon made a couple of anti-Columbus tweets on the 10th with a random reference to BoC's Twitter account thrown in the mix on the same day, which ended up being the 46th like in question. I agree with the sentiment, I think it would sort of be shitty to tie your album announcement into something Columbus related, but they definitely had it all lined up in terms of letting people play with the numbers.

All that being said, you know if anyone outside of BoC themselves is in the loop on what's coming up, its Anticon so in the end I take this and the Toronto exhibit as a good sign that the engine is about to start up anytime now.

Eagle Minded
a new Hell Interface record is what 2016 really needs.
preparation for a dive.

Posts Quantity
Opothecary wrote:With 28 tweets and 45 likes as of 10/10, a 46th like would have given you 1492 if you divided the first number by 2 and multiplied the second one by 2.

At the time of this post your account has 1082 posts, and you joined in 2005. 2005 in roman numerals is MMV which could stand for Michael and Marcus Vibrate i.e. tremble with excitement at the new release. Back to 1082; if we multiply the first half by two we get twenty, and 41 when dividing the latter by two. This must mean that the long awaited bocset will be released in 2041!

Finally, if we take all the numbers 10, 82, 20, and 05, and plug them into the well known nlogax equation as follows:

(n) - log (a - x)

(82 - 10) - (log (20 * 05)) = 70 which is the smallest weird number.

:wink:

Posts Quantity
2041 = 2 04 1 = two for one. We will get two albums for the price of one
whooosh

Posts Quantity
Ah of course. What was I thinking?

Eagle Minded
@boctransmission tweeted 15 hours ago and it doesn't even merit passing mention here. I think maybe we're all a little breadcrumb trail fatigued.
preparation for a dive.

Friendly Stranger
What I expect is: no release.

Dayvan Cowboy
tonx wrote:@boctransmission tweeted 15 hours ago and it doesn't even merit passing mention here. I think maybe we're all a little breadcrumb trail fatigued.

Amen to that. I will have a lot of respect for anyone else who can abstractly tie the context of their latest tweet to a date in the near future (it's incredibly easy, but sometimes it seems like I'm the only one thinking about it out loud here)

I'm not going to jinx anything though. I like this calm before the storm. Maybe if we stop talking about it, something will happen in a couple of weeks?

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:
tonx wrote:@boctransmission tweeted 15 hours ago and it doesn't even merit passing mention here. I think maybe we're all a little breadcrumb trail fatigued.

Amen to that. I will have a lot of respect for anyone else who can abstractly tie the context of their latest tweet to a date in the near future (it's incredibly easy, but sometimes it seems like I'm the only one thinking about it out loud here)

I'm not going to jinx anything though. I like this calm before the storm. Maybe if we stop talking about it, something will happen in a couple of weeks?

what is incredibly easy?

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:what is incredibly easy?

Sometimes I wish something like what they are doing now via social media could have been possible in the 1998-2005 era. I think there'd be some people going in pretty hard on what it all meant, there was a lot more intellectual curiosity back then.

I admit it's sort of a two sided thing though, I think the combination of too many false alarms and fakes over the years has helped reinforce some apathy in the fanbase. Half the people just want the details handed to them, the other half have fallen down the rabbit hole one too many times.

Eagle Minded
Whatever they release next, I'm not going to complain about. As much as I want higher quality versions of their older tunes, releasing a “going-through-the-archives-album” is usually something that a band does when they're trying to say that they're pretty much done.

I have no solid expectations really, I'm just extremely curious what they've moved onto next. Will it be like a sequel to Tomorrow's Harvest? Are we revisiting a positive and nostalgic sound, à la MHTRTC/TCH? Whatever it is, I'm just going to be very happy to see what they're up to.
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

Friendly Stranger
I think it will be an LP and I hope it sounds darker and bleaker than even TH and Geogaddi. Pretty sure old tunes will remain bootlegs and the only time we might hear the hyped unreleased albums is after they are dead, if ever.

Sherbet Head
Cold Birth wrote:I think it will be an LP and I hope it sounds darker and bleaker than even TH and Geogaddi. Pretty sure old tunes will remain bootlegs and the only time we might hear the hyped unreleased albums is after they are dead, if ever.

wow, you're a bundle of fun

Dayvan Cowboy
The past inside the present. Music is math.

http://i.imgur.com/Qsj5uoh.png

Dayvan Cowboy
Everything you do is a 44.

Dayvan Cowboy
LSD was first synthesized on November 16th, 1938. For our purposes, I'm sure the date will come and go without incident though (just like 8/22 and 10/10 did)...but I don't think we'll be waiting much longer at all. The answer might even be staring you in the face depending on where you are.

Sherbet Head
Opothecary wrote:The answer might even be staring you in the face depending on where you are.

Wait. What are you on about?

Sherbet Head
It all makes so much sense now! How could I have missed it?

Dayvan Cowboy
Well look who decided to wake up from their little nap! 4+7 likes now. MHTRTC only #3+8 on that list? Pssh...

http://i.imgur.com/8t810Pv.png

Sherbet Head
Opothecary wrote:Well look who decided to wake up from their little nap!

And here I just thought you were just some raving nutter! I don't know why I ever doubted you. Keep up the good work man! I can't wait!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada