The 6-number sequence as it stands

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Even though all this hoopla has made me dust of my fanboi hat from the back of the closet, I don't really feel ready to put it on yet. It's all just a bit.... impenetrable for me right now. Don't misunderstand me, I do think it's fun to be in on something like this when it's happening and it's surely going somewhere, but right now all I'm seeing is a bunch of numbers that mean nothing. Is it just me?

Friendly Stranger
Cab Dreaming wrote:Even though all this hoopla has made me dust of my fanboi hat from the back of the closet, I don't really feel ready to put it on yet. It's all just a bit.... impenetrable for me right now. Don't misunderstand me, I do think it's fun to be in on something like this when it's happening and it's surely going somewhere, but right now all I'm seeing is a bunch of numbers that mean nothing. Is it just me?

HERETIC
has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Eagle Minded
juKajitsu wrote: GIVE US THE ALBUM SUNNY BASTARDS

You're my new favorite.

Happy Cycler
hey Aesthetics,

since you seem to be out and about again, how long have you known this was going to happen, with the banner and stuff?

or can't you talk about it

Sherbet Head
The Telepathic Kid wrote:hey Aesthetics,

since you seem to be out and about again, how long have you known this was going to happen, with the banner and stuff?

or can't you talk about it

Got a feeling we're not going to hear the full story until an album is released..
I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me.
https://www.instagram.com/powerline_misfortune/

Dayvan Cowboy
Magrathea wrote:The header says Gif89

Typically, Gif87 is static... Gif89 is animated, let's look at that?

uh...aesthetics posted the banner.

Friendly Stranger
re-phaelam-ed wrote:

uh...aesthetics posted the banner.

Magrathea wrote:

Red herring, just a one framed Gif89 ;) Unless they hid something in there that's not in animated frames.

Eagle Minded
When this thread was locked and unlocked I suspected it might have to do with a piece of the scavenger hunt, so I rushed in here looking for any changes i could find, but it is clear that this whole ordeal has begun to weigh on me, my love for BoC's music has made me into a desperate man for answers and closure. I should probably go outside and get some air, listen to wildlife analysis or something.
Last edited by In_The_Annexe on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you don't care to hear until you listen

Dayvan Cowboy
sorry...i sleep...so i replied as i read em. dont read em all then go back.

Dayvan Cowboy
Holy motherclucking shit! Once again, I step away from the internet for like a day, to go party and drink and come back to THIS!? Every day its something crazier, and another 10 pages of this thread. I'm glad we got a clear look at the Rough Trade projection via Adult Swim..whoever called that a million pages back, kudos. I really really really reallyyyy just wish the BoC Bros would drop the bomb already. This speculation and batshit-crazyness going on here is driving me mad ahahaha..hopefully today or tomorrow this code sequence is fully revealed and we get some legit news. (PRAYS TO BOC-GODS) :lol:
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Posts Quantity
If we don't get the sixth set of numbers tonight I may cry.

Damn it BoC, I want my life back.

New Seed
I am readying a brute force crack of the BoC code via a One Time Pad approach assuming the pad is re-used across the 6 keys and that the output generates recognizable words (in the Oxford dictionary).
I am also checking against a list of BoC exclusive words that are not found in a dictionary like ['cosecha','csch','nuevas','semillas','atalanta','fugiens','npr','bbc','watmm','ogf']
It would be greatly appreciated if anyone wants to add to the list of BoC related words here:
https://www.stypi.com/amoryamory/BoCWords

New Seed
ilzmastr wrote:I am readying a brute force crack of the BoC code via a One Time Pad approach assuming the pad is re-used across the 6 keys and that the output generates recognizable words (in the Oxford dictionary).
I am also checking against a list of BoC exclusive words that are not found in a dictionary like ['cosecha','csch','nuevas','semillas','atalanta','fugiens','npr','bbc','watmm','ogf']
It would be greatly appreciated if anyone wants to add to the list of BoC related words here:
https://www.stypi.com/amoryamory/BoCWords

It's been a while since I've done any CS, so forgive me. Would it be too computationally intensive to run your brute force attack with all possible combinations of the missing code (is that what you meant?)

Friendly Stranger
need BoC words eh?

csch,hexagon sun,boc,hell interface,boards of canada,music70,boctransmission,hexagonsun,fyt,twoism.

has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Sherbet Head
i cant even imagine how amazing that must have been for the people who saw that adult swim ad played live

imagine just sitting there. thinking some strange commercial is airing, then all of a sudden you hear the audio clip in the background, id seriously fucking pass out from all the energy rushing, id be thinking the whole time, this cant be real. is this really a boc advertisement?

this is seriously the coolest release idea ive ever heard of in my life. someone said on an earlier page that this whole thing solidifies them as his favorite band, and i agree.
Last edited by Fireal420 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boqurant
Seriously, BoC must be chuffed to have such geeky (in the nicest possible way) fans so as to be able to pull off some of these clues, half of these posts are like computer voodoo black magic to me.
When we come home, we want it quiet and calm,
We want you to sing us a song.

New Seed
Hello,

I am a recently registered member, and a long-time BoC fan. I had not heard about the goings-on until today. I had come to this forum before but mostly just lurked, though it seems now is an appropriate time to register...

Anyhow, I did read as much of this thread as I could, though I didn't read all 60-something pages.... but has anyone suggested that the code may be revealed after the release of the album? Is it plausible that the remaining part of the code may even be within the upcoming album itself?

I think, that seems like something they would do.

Friendly Stranger
KidForToday wrote:Hello,

I am a recently registered member, and a long-time BoC fan. I had not heard about the goings-on until today. I had come to this forum before but mostly just lurked, though it seems now is an appropriate time to register...

Anyhow, I did read as much of this thread as I could, though I didn't read all 60-something pages.... but has anyone suggested that the code may be revealed after the release of the album? Is it plausible that the remaining part of the code may even be within the upcoming album itself?

But then what would the point of the code be?

Dayvan Cowboy

very cool idea
...perhaps unlocking a link to something?

Boqurant

That's an interesting idea, haven't seen anyone suggest that yet.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada