The 6-number sequence as it stands

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Have the new release contain the last code as a reveal for the second release I'm speculating about this year? It wouldn't be a bad way to go.

Friendly Stranger
I'm still holding out for a BoCset.
has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

New Seed
seagull wrote:
KidForToday wrote:Hello,

I am a recently registered member, and a long-time BoC fan. I had not heard about the goings-on until today. I had come to this forum before but mostly just lurked, though it seems now is an appropriate time to register...

Anyhow, I did read as much of this thread as I could, though I didn't read all 60-something pages.... but has anyone suggested that the code may be revealed after the release of the album? Is it plausible that the remaining part of the code may even be within the upcoming album itself?

I think, that seems like something they would do.

But then what would the point of the code be?

They have 'codes' and symbols throughout most of their music. I agree the fact that they went as far as televising the codes does imply that these codes probably serve a purpose, but it could be related to something else, a la Red Moon...

I can definitely admit this is wishful thinking though... They'd get trampled by a stampede of fans if they put on a show and conveyed the date/location via code.

New Seed
Opothecary wrote:Have the new release contain the last code as a reveal for the second release I'm speculating about this year? It wouldn't be a bad way to go.

Are you expecting two releases this year?

Sherbet Head
boc will release enough music to leave us happy.

im not saying they are going to release their entire back catalog and all that shit.

im just saying that whatever they do release. will leave us pleased. they will never give us everything, they need to keep some of the mystery's alive.

Eagle Minded
Have we ruled out the idea that these numbers might be some sort of GPS coordinates?
Last edited by cubistking1906 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Friendly Stranger

I am a recently registered member, and a long-time BoC fan. I had not heard about the goings-on until today. I had come to this forum before but mostly just lurked, though it seems now is an appropriate time to register...

Anyhow, I did read as much of this thread as I could, though I didn't read all 60-something pages.... but has anyone suggested that the code may be revealed after the release of the album? Is it plausible that the remaining part of the code may even be within the upcoming album itself?

Same here. I've read through quite a bit of this thread and had another theory as well. I know these numbers are trying to re create the idea of it being a short wave radio message. I remember someone saying that the numbers are coordinates that make up a hexagon somewhere in Scotland? My theory is that maybe they are broadcasting the final numbers in the boundaries of the hexagon? Sorry if this is has already been posted or doesn't make sense.

Eagle Minded
detroit lofi wrote:

Same here. I've read through quite a bit of this thread and had another theory as well. I know these numbers are trying to re create the idea of it being a short wave radio message. I remember someone saying that the numbers are coordinates that make up a hexagon somewhere in Scotland? My theory is that maybe they are broadcasting the final numbers in the boundaries of the hexagon? Sorry if this is has already been posted or doesn't make sense.

the numbers dont make a hexagon though.

Friendly Stranger
Vostok wrote:
detroit lofi wrote:

I couldn't remember what it was or where the post was but someone said it made a shape. I thought it would be worth a shot though.

Boqurant
Sooo... as I understand it we have all these numbers and one set to go. Now presumably, if this were a code that could be cracked as is, surely someone or other who has the know how would be able to see what kind of code it and say "AH YES! It works on Timperson's 15th theorem!" or "Run it through a frogmatophiser" or whatever and, even though it can't actually be decrypted right now, the logic would be available to speculate how it should be decrypted. However, from what I can gather, there's alsorts of ideas floating about with very little certainty, the only one that looks feasible as of right now seems to be a url due to the formatting. If this be the case, henceforth and forthwith I'm making the assumption that even when the final piece is revealed, we'll still need the cypher to be released too, so what I'm actually more interested in is what follows after the next lot of numbers, which I'm expecting to be the key. Does that make sense?
When we come home, we want it quiet and calm,
We want you to sing us a song.

Eagle Minded
Cab Dreaming wrote:Sooo... as I understand it we have all these numbers and one set to go. Now presumably, if this were a code that could be cracked as is, surely someone or other who has the know how would be able to see what kind of code it and say "AH YES! It works on Timperson's 15th theorem!" or "Run it through a frogmatophiser" or whatever and, even though it can't actually be decrypted right now, the logic would be available to speculate how it should be decrypted. However, from what I can gather, there's alsorts of ideas floating about with very little certainty, the only one that looks feasible as of right now seems to be a url due to the formatting. If this be the case, henceforth and forthwith I'm making the assumption that even when the final piece is revealed, we'll still need the cypher to be released too, so what I'm actually more interested in is what follows after the next lot of numbers, which I'm expecting to be the key. Does that make sense?

Yes. Makes sense to me.... I was thinking the one time pad or key would be revealed in the black box on the BoC website or somewhere else.... but I'm pretty sure we will need a key.
:INDIFFERENT SPACES:
all albums [IS1-IS13] available here:
http://indifferentspaces.bandcamp.com

Eagle Minded
Cab Dreaming wrote:Sooo... as I understand it we have all these numbers and one set to go. Now presumably, if this were a code that could be cracked as is, surely someone or other who has the know how would be able to see what kind of code it and say "AH YES! It works on Timperson's 15th theorem!" or "Run it through a frogmatophiser" or whatever and, even though it can't actually be decrypted right now, the logic would be available to speculate how it should be decrypted. However, from what I can gather, there's alsorts of ideas floating about with very little certainty, the only one that looks feasible as of right now seems to be a url due to the formatting. If this be the case, henceforth and forthwith I'm making the assumption that even when the final piece is revealed, we'll still need the cypher to be released too, so what I'm actually more interested in is what follows after the next lot of numbers, which I'm expecting to be the key. Does that make sense?

that really is what it comes down to. We need an actual equation before we can get an answer and so far we are hunting for blood herrings.
you don't care to hear until you listen

Site Admin
How far have the connections with the movie The Number Station been checked?
Life is a Frequency

Boqurant
I love how every discussion point I've ever read about on here has been included in this mother of all head fucks.

Dayvan Cowboy

I wish a frogmatophiser was a real thing so much!

I agree with you on this completely. The only plausible explanations to me so far are website URL and this idea of a one time pad due to the number station connection. However, I think the URL idea is more likely as it's more accessible as a big 'reveal'. I'm enjoying watching this unravel but I can't see the point of getting involved as I don't think BOC or Warp would set this whole thing up as something that could be decoded part way through. There's too much invested in it for them to allow somebody to ruin the surprise.

Dayvan Cowboy

toss all the numbers into a hat and form them into a pyramid

http://i.imgur.com/GhNBnNP.jpg

Eagle Minded
Reading the wiki on cryptography has my brain firing on all cylinders right now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptography

And yes I believe we will likely need a key or else we would have already been able to decode at least part of this message.

Posts Quantity
Vostok wrote:
detroit lofi wrote:

There was a design that someone came up with based on the "numbers as coordinates" theory that looked an awful lot like a Unicursal Hexagram. http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicursal_hexagram ; http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... permPage=1

It's probably nothing and it isn't a hexagon in the traditional sense, but I find it kind of interesting...

Friendly Stranger
globochem wrote:Ok, I reversed the latest hd version we've got - there's definitely something here.

https://soundcloud.com/globochem/reversed-ad-hd-version

from :10-:17 there is definitely something being said. "You are going to ... [enjoy it?] So ____" ??

Sorry, I'm a couple of pages behind...I can absolutely hear 'you are going to enjoy' in that audio clip.

New Seed
Has 100606 been considered in depth anywhere yet? Perhaps the partial red moon on the 25th coinciding with the release of the fifth series suggest it...
"Whatever..."

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada