Introduce Yourself

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
greets Neto! Twoism's a great place because there's almost always a willing ear for the music you like besides BoC, be it black metal, corny new age, shoegaze, big band, John Cage...
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Site Admin
Hi there Neto!

I'm quite sure I know you from xltronic, right?
Life is a Frequency

Happy Cycler
Neto wrote:Hello, my name is Nestor, but I prefer to be called Neto, 30 years old now. I live very close to Mexico City, just 30 minutes or so away from it. Maybe some of you can recognize me from other similar forums.

The first time I listened to BOC was in the local radio in the nights, probably late 1999 or early 2000, it was Aquarius, that dj in that radio station had very nice taste, also from him I knew about Luke Vibert, Squarepusher, Plone, Susumu Yokota... many more, so I was hooked with decent electronic music.

I also like some metal, death and black mostly. Work in a metal club on weekends.

This saturday I'll do an exam to enter again to college and try to put on track some life goals, wish me good luck.

Oh and my pet is a 8 year old cat called Mancha, love her.

Hi Neto,

Welcome aboard. Best of luck with your exam too :)

Eagle Minded
i'm new here

first exposure to BoC was in 2004 when a friend showed me Roygbiv. without being exposed to that track, i probably would never have gotten back into making music myself. i had a probem with melody. some could say that i still have a problem, but at least it's less of a problem now thanks to BoC.

back then, i would describe BoC to friends as "TRON meets Jean Michel Jarre and sets up instrumental hip-hop"

Site Admin
Hey xlt fellow! Welcome on board :)

Never expected to see you here..., how did you found out about this board?
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
TheSilenceEchoes wrote:hate creditcards. must kill creditcards. :x

Credit cards are for people who want the opportunity to go into huge debt. Not for me!
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Eagle Minded
Aesthetics wrote:Hey xlt fellow! Welcome on board :)

Never expected to see you here..., how did you found out about this board?

hey good sir,

i foundededed this place via the good old BoCwiki

i would expect to see me here a few times from here-on in :p

Friendly Stranger
Hello. After checking out this place for a good hour I thought it would be nice to register and be a part of this community. It seems like a nice place containing a lot of good people.

I really do not like talking about myself, but I will give you the basics. I'm a 26 year old male from Ontario, Canada, and have been in love with Boards of Canada for a little over 5 years now. I even introduced them to my sister a couple of years back and she is now a big fan as well. My main interests are music and film. I dream of one day to make music, but with the way my life is I don't think that will be happening very soon.

Well I hope this is ok for now. Sorry for the pedestrian intro. Its almost midnight and I am little drained.

Peace.

Happy Cycler
welcome new battery i dig your SN

i try to keep it hella pedestrian around here

holdin it down for the lo class lo fi unrespectible doosh baggz hella yeah

Friendly Stranger
heh. Thank you, turquoise70.

Nova Scotia Robot
Welcome NewBattery, where bouts in Ontario are you?

Friendly Stranger
Thanks, 747Music. I'm from east Hamilton.

Nova Scotia Robot
NewBattery wrote:Thanks, 747Music. I'm from east Hamilton.

Ha! I had a girlfriend who lived in east Hamilton.

Posts Quantity
hi all

recently found this great forum, though have been a BoC fan for around 10 years (since MHTRTC)

been getting excited recently by rumours of a new album, possible boxset and maybe a live date or two. here's hoping.

i'm presently living in bristol, uk. going to france for a month on a working holiday this summer and plan to take the BoC discography with me. on a farm, in the middle of nowhere, sun setting, a beer or two.

should be fun :)

Eagle Minded
hi logan, welcome! that working holiday sounds like heaven! :shock:
expect nothing and live frugally on surprise.

Sherbet Head
Logan71 wrote:hi all

recently found this great forum, though have been a BoC fan for around 10 years (since MHTRTC)

been getting excited recently by rumours of a new album, possible boxset and maybe a live date or two. here's hoping.

i'm presently living in bristol, uk. going to france for a month on a working holiday this summer and plan to take the BoC discography with me. on a farm, in the middle of nowhere, sun setting, a beer or two.

should be fun :)

Hi Logan!
Welcome aboard mate!

That holdiday indeed sounds like heaven!

Dayvan Cowboy
Finally I found a proper topic to introduce myself ;)

Well, my name is Tom, im 20 years old and live in The Netherlands. I guess I've been listening to boc for like 4 or 5 years now, I a lways have this weird periods in which I listen to it a lot. Like in 3 month, I barely listen to it, and then 1 month its the only thing I listen 2. It's still on top in my last.fm tho ;) Uhhm, well, in my spare time I like to discover now music ( mostly lounge or jazzy kind of stuff ), relax with my mates, drink some beers now and then, and play basketball. And last but not least im really interested in psychology, which I also study.

Well, try to like me guys, because I think im here for the long run :P
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Happy Cycler
welcome Logan and portiss!

Lotsa dutchmen on this here forum. You guys could form your own BoC meetup group for weekends out to the bar!

Eagle Minded
Guess what the cat dragged in.... another dutchman... (is twoism.nl already taken??).

Quite new to BoC, but liking it so far. Already found some threads about CocoRosie en Pat Metheney, so no complaints about the taste around here. Always in for new good music, already found some members with a great sound (Saturday Index). For now I'll just start reading here and contribute later (hmmz... why not start just now? :))

Well, for the records: Rik, 26 years and as mentioned: from The Netherlands (Nijmegen to be exactly).

Dayvan Cowboy
rik0000 wrote:Guess what the cat dragged in.... another dutchman... (is twoism.nl already taken??).

Quite new to BoC, but liking it so far. Already found some threads about CocoRosie en Pat Metheney, so no complaints about the taste around here. Always in for new good music, already found some members with a great sound (Saturday Index). For now I'll just start reading here and contribute later (hmmz... why not start just now? :))

Well, for the records: Rik, 26 years and as mentioned: from The Netherlands (Nijmegen to be exactly).

Hey Rik, nice to have you on board matey!
Please 'Like' the Retronym Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/retronymlabel if you enjoy our free releases, spread the word! http://www.retronym.co.uk

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada