GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
The 6 digit numbers of each card are coordinates which replicates an hexagon spreading between iran, saudi Arabia and, well it's weird, Iraq

Sherbet Head
I think i'm onto something! I think Boc might be planning a live event, I saw a load of turquoise hexagons all over some walls.
I think they are going to play live in the male toilets in my local Nando's restaurant.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
Pics or it didn’t happen

Eagle Minded
dolochov wrote:The 6 digit numbers of each card are coordinates which replicates an hexagon spreading between iran, saudi Arabia and, well it's weird, Iraq

i can confirm this. you just have to seperate the numbers and add the decimels.

Still not convinced its BOC even though the hexagon is on the map. There is no point of interest in the center nor is it in a place that would reference to them or able for the community to visit. Also while the recording that plays when you call the number did remind me of TH Arg........ there was an element of playfulness and less BOC vibes there.

It would help if mdg could chime in and confirm but he hasnt logged in since march.
my guess its E3 related or video game releated. although im as hopefull as the next fan.

Sherbet Head
Navaru wrote:Pics or it didn’t happen

I didn't take one but found a pic online

[img][img]https://i.ibb.co/tMtD5dL/fa302a561cc719ebe2addafe37092991.jpg[/img][/img]
Last edited by Geogandhi on Tue May 25, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You could feel the bullshit

Posts Quantity
The only thing linking this to BoC is a hexagon on one of the cards. The font style and art direction of all the cards taken together does not indicate BoC to me

Eagle Minded
the cards have nothing to do with BoC.
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
Doesn't seem like a boc thing. Cool shit though
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Dayvan Cowboy
I wish they would send me a card how do I sign up

Dayvan Cowboy
dp wrote:I wish they would send me a card how do I sign up

haha if only they sent them out from the Warp mailing list. If there was a warp logo on the back of them, I'm sure shit would hit the fan :lol:
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Good call. Precisely why this isn't BoC, Ech

Dayvan Cowboy
Take this post with a grain of salt, since I know a lot of you are skeptical, but here's a theory I've been thinking about for the last two days:

There is a great deal of similarity between the turquoise hexagon discs on the Pioneer's Plaque and the mysterious postcard: https://imgur.com/a/Rp1EQny

They could possibly be related if you take the space theme into account. What I was thinking, especially since Flylo recently released a soundtrack for Yasuke, is that BOC might have done a soundtrack for the new Starfield game. Warp does license music to video games and other media, and they even specifically have a page dedicated to that. BOC have also been shown to be avid gamers (there's been some connections to them and Fortnite, in addition to Iraq says) so I could really see them being behind a soundtrack for a video game.

Perhaps BOC are even on a soundtrack kick after writing and producing a post apocalyptic soundtrack for a hypothetical movie. :wink:

That's my two cents. I'm probably wrong, but you gotta admit, an ambient space soundtrack courtesy of BOC would be awesome!

Dayvan Cowboy
That does sound like an awesome and exciting theory and, if true, would really be cool! Id have to buy a video game console, though...

But still, to reiterate what Echelon said yesterday, if it was BoC related, you'd think there'd be a warp logo on it somewhere.

Dayvan Cowboy
dp wrote:That does sound like an awesome and exciting theory and, if true, would really be cool! Id have to buy a video game console, though...

But still, to reiterate what Echelon said yesterday, if it was BoC related, you'd think there'd be a warp logo on it somewhere.

Honestly, I'm half and half. I believe this theory could be possible, especially since it ties to themes of the plaque or it could be something non related to BOC entirely. There's proof either way, I feel. If it's from the game studios, they might not put the Warp logo on it anyway.

The other thing I theorized about the postcards is there are multiple ones for collectors: A BOC postcard with the hexagon and a Starfield one with different symbols.

Simply putting these ideas out there though since they're buzzing around my head :)

Finally some less far fetched theories in this thread. It's about time. Thanks Echelon for the nice summaries. My gut feeling also tells me it could be related, but it's always better to assume it's not to avoid future disappointment. :)

Dayvan Cowboy

Posts Quantity
I can't believe the bocbros want us to play fortnite.

Dayvan Cowboy
belchmaster wrote:I can't believe the bocbros want us to play fortnite.

The scary thing is, they've been linked to Fortnite before. Here: https://ibb.co/bdK9z2S and there's one other instance.

Again though, i don't know if any of this is real or BOC-related. I'm simply taking the rabbit hole on this one.

Dayvan Cowboy
Sorry, didn't mean to put words in your mouth, Ech.

If you look at the card, it kinda says "boc" on it. Anyone else see it?

Dayvan Cowboy
dp wrote:Sorry, didn't mean to put words in your mouth, Ech.

If you look at the card, it kinda says "boc" on it. Anyone else see it?

NP, my friend. It's all hypothetical anyway. More groping in the dark :)

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada