GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:Take this post with a grain of salt, since I know a lot of you are skeptical, but here's a theory I've been thinking about for the last two days:

There is a great deal of similarity between the turquoise hexagon discs on the Pioneer's Plaque and the mysterious postcard: https://imgur.com/a/Rp1EQny

They could possibly be related if you take the space theme into account. What I was thinking, especially since Flylo recently released a soundtrack for Yasuke, is that BOC might have done a soundtrack for the new Starfield game. Warp does license music to video games and other media, and they even specifically have a page dedicated to that. BOC have also been shown to be avid gamers (there's been some connections to them and Fortnite, in addition to Iraq says) so I could really see them being behind a soundtrack for a video game.

Perhaps BOC are even on a soundtrack kick after writing and producing a post apocalyptic soundtrack for a hypothetical movie. :wink:

That's my two cents. I'm probably wrong, but you gotta admit, an ambient space soundtrack courtesy of BOC would be awesome!

haha whats the connection between BoC and fortnite? have not heard anything like that

Posts Quantity
It does not compute to me that after all this time BoC would choose to announce something new via the medium of Fortnite.

Boqurant
irv wrote:It does not compute to me that after all this time BoC would choose to announce something new via the medium of Fortnite.

It would be in line with their style of announcing new stuff in a weird way

Dayvan Cowboy
debugDolores wrote:haha whats the connection between BoC and fortnite? have not heard anything like that

As far as I know, the extent of it is that some random person popped up on Reddit saying they play Fortnite with Marcus, and Marcus's Instagram account followed a streamer that plays Fortnite (among other things).

That's it.

Eagle Minded
Haha... Fortnite?? Maybe. But I don't see it.

BoC have always had a certain distrust for big corporations, new technology, etc. I don't really see how after making an album as "nihilistic" as Tomorrow's Harvest, and after expressing even more discontent with how corporations rue the whirl, they would suddenly jump to partnering with a big company like Epic and a big game like Fortnite. It just doesn't really work in my head. All that could be related to BoC are vague symbols : turquoise hexagons and a gemini. That's it.

Not to be the buzzkill or anything, but I want to wait this one out until we get some more solid proof that this is BoC related at all.
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Eagle Minded
It all seems a bit too tacky to be the boys tbh.

Dayvan Cowboy
Yeah, you guys are probably right. Definitely was one of those heat of the moment theorizing. Simply putting ideas out here during this mystery ARG. No different than the Catherine Fell stuff for me :)

I was skeptical with that too, but I also followed everything with it just in case it was actually real.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
I'm a bit out of the loop...have I missed out on anything?

Dayvan Cowboy
bocbocbocboc wrote:I'm a bit out of the loop...have I missed out on anything?

Nothing really. I've been theorizing about this current mystery ARG that featured some turquoise hexagon postcards, (my theory was it could be BOC teaming up with a gaming company to make a spacey soundtrack) but like people have pointed out, it's most likely not related.

Wishful thinking on my part.

Dayvan Cowboy
funnnnpng wrote:Haha... Fortnite?? Maybe. But I don't see it.

BoC have always had a certain distrust for big corporations, new technology, etc. I don't really see how after making an album as "nihilistic" as Tomorrow's Harvest, and after expressing even more discontent with how corporations rue the whirl, they would suddenly jump to partnering with a big company like Epic and a big game like Fortnite. It just doesn't really work in my head. All that could be related to BoC are vague symbols : turquoise hexagons and a gemini. That's it.

Not to be the buzzkill or anything, but I want to wait this one out until we get some more solid proof that this is BoC related at all.

Hard agree.

I think this is a red herring.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:

Nothing really. I've been theorizing about this current mystery ARG that featured some turquoise hexagon postcards, (my theory was it could be BOC teaming up with a gaming company to make a spacey soundtrack) but like people have pointed out, it's most likely not related.

BoC doing a soundtrack is pretty strange to me, although not impossible. I really really hope we get a new release this year tho, but it's unlikely

Eagle Minded
It’s not more unlikely than any other year. And honestly, even prior to this latest ARG, they are signaling more than they have been since 2013. I’ll say it, I’m actually expecting a new album before the year is up.

Dayvan Cowboy
So after digging into it a bit, the "They're Coming" thing is definitely some Fortnite shit. Fortnite streamers are apparently getting "They're Coming" DVDs.

I knew it wasn't going to be BOC, but the fact that it's fucking Fortnite... Lmao

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:It’s not more unlikely than any other year. And honestly, even prior to this latest ARG, they are signaling more than they have been since 2013. I’ll say it, I’m actually expecting a new album before the year is up.

I like this attitude. :)

Posts Quantity
i don't play Fortnite, but it's nice to hear about how chill they are.

i'm not banking on any theories too seriously but for some reason i still can't forget about these connections i made between the cicadas emerging this year (related to their instagram), and the United States UFO / UAP bill that says they are releasing all known information in June - the reason i connected that was just a random hunch because the Pioneer Plaque is related to contacting extraterrestrials.. lol. i do seriously doubt this, like i don't believe it what so ever, but at the same time it still feels like it could make sense(?).

i'm also still curious of Marcus' "___________" eleven underscores on his twitter.. which automatically drew my mind to "seven eleven" because his twitter banner was allegedly a 747, or at least i read that somewhere, so i then googled the date July 11, and found that on that date in 1973 (Pioneer 11), there was a plane crash that killed 123 people, which caused that airline to ban cigarettes, which someone on here then pointed out the "thank you for not smoking" sample in Societas X.

i think i am probably totally wrong. but some of it seems to possibly make sense, so i figure why not share it. (again)

8)
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
basically, all that stuff i mentioned...

it's just kind of interesting (to me).... and regardless i do think something is coming soonish

:P
"R-Worded"

bocbocbocboc wrote:
Echelon wrote:

BoC doing a soundtrack is pretty strange to me, although not impossible. I really really hope we get a new release this year tho, but it's unlikely

Do a keyword search for soundtrack on this page: https://bocpages.org/wiki/Interviews-all
You will find lots of mentions and also this one:

How is the planned full length Super-8 movie with soundtrack coming along?
"That film will start shooting in summer."

Obviously that one didn't surface (I think) but needless to say the interest is definitely there.

Posts Quantity
All very interesting, I'm 30 and play fortnight regularly (Please reserve the hate for my DM's or alternatively you can add me on there - user name is R0YGB1V)

I think if BOC have been commissioned to write a specific sound track then we should maybe be hopeful for some original material to surface along side this like a bocset or an EP

On the other hand if they have written this rumoured space themed album and somebody at epic or another games company has managed to get ears on it behind the scenes and then got permission for use from warp ahead of a scheduled release etc. then we could be in for one hell of a ride!

Also if BOC did end up in fortnight - as irregular as that sounds - they'd be getting their music into a whole new generation of children and teenagers #yeahthatsright

Posts Quantity
I actually got one of these postcards. I have no idea why, if it's related to Fortnite. I don't play Fortnite.

Eagle Minded
Didn't one of the bros Instagram acc follow some Fortnite guy before it was all deleted?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada