What are your hopes/expectations for the next release?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

What are your hopes/expectations for a new release?

New LP or EP
61%
Collection of bonus tracks, remixes and compilation appearances
3%
An Old Tunes/Pre-Twoism box set
35%

Total votes: 88

Sherbet Head
I remember hearing the numbers station clip on the Zane Lowe show on Radio 1 whist in the car with my gf, I remember saying "Hey.. wtf.. it's a numbers station, That's so BoC. Everyone is ripping off BoC now" lmao

I literally had no idea it was.. or even could be BoC related

Friendly Stranger
vballs wrote:Whatever the material, I kind of hope they just release it without all the treasure hunt cryptic hype. Im probably alone on that one haha.

Thanks, you're not alone!

Dayvan Cowboy
Speak for yourselves, lol. I love ARGs and Easter egg hunts so I’m all for another one.

Sherbet Head
You gotta hand it to them it was a remarkable achievement to set it all up and execute the ARG the way they did

Friendly Stranger
Actually I doubt that BoC had much to do with it, it was probably mostly organised by Warp.

Posts Quantity
Pseudodionizy wrote:Actually I doubt that BoC had much to do with it, it was probably mostly organised by Warp.

I think you're correct... Wasn't it Warp that organized the Aphex Twin blimp to promote Syro?

Dayvan Cowboy
Pseudodionizy wrote:Actually I doubt that BoC had much to do with it, it was probably mostly organised by Warp.

They signed off on everything - it was definitely in the spirit of their general aesthetic, but I'm sure Warp did most of the heavy lifting. Now this current thing that we're in...is probably a little more them than the TH thing was.

Sherbet Head
For the record I loved the TH promo fun the hype was amazing. But there was enough egg in that pudding for many puddings to come.

Posts Quantity
Alt versions and remixes of Magic Window

Boqurant
Crystalspike wrote:Alt versions and remixes of Magic Window

The world need this

Boqurant
I'd like to hear them use guitars more. I know Campfire had a lot of acoustic guitar, but it'd be interesting to hear an album by them full of electric guitar. Similar to New Seeds, or expanding on that shogaze sound that had on tracks like A07 from R35TT.

Sherbet Head
Solynth wrote:I'd like to hear them use guitars more. I know Campfire had a lot of acoustic guitar, but it'd be interesting to hear an album by them full of electric guitar. Similar to New Seeds, or expanding on that shogaze sound that had on tracks like A07 from R35TT.

They allready made a pure electric guitar album 30 years ago
phpBB [media]

I get what you mean but I couldn't resist.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Dayvan Cowboy
Laurel and Yanny will be a new tune that's a spiritual successor to Julie And Candy.

Boqurant
Flory wrote:
Solynth wrote:I'd like to hear them use guitars more. I know Campfire had a lot of acoustic guitar, but it'd be interesting to hear an album by them full of electric guitar. Similar to New Seeds, or expanding on that shogaze sound that had on tracks like A07 from R35TT.

They allready made a pure electric guitar album 30 years ago
Spoiler: show
phpBB [media]

I get what you mean but I couldn't resist.

Yeah that's one of the tracks I was referring to. What I'd give to hear the full song.

Sherbet Head
Opothecary wrote:Laurel and Yanny will be a new tune that's a spiritual successor to Julie And Candy.

:mrgreen:

Dayvan Cowboy
I seriously couldn't be pleased with old rehashed stuff, there's a reason it has not surfaced and not been made available yet. I would have an EP followed by a LP any of new material any day!
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Friendly Stranger
A big fat box set of previously unreleased old stuff, including archival gems and live jams, with takes and retakes and more retakes of songs from all their albums and EPs; something completely surprising and really generous that digs deep into the myth and science of how they create their music. Call it an Echus unbounded.

Posts Quantity
smooth jazz with numbers stations in the background

Sherbet Head
I have lost all hopes and expectations for a new release ha!
Back to occasional lurking until hype.
You could feel the bullshit

Sherbet Head
darling_candy wrote:A big fat box set of previously unreleased old stuff, including archival gems and live jams, with takes and retakes and more retakes of songs from all their albums and EPs; something completely surprising and really generous that digs deep into the myth and science of how they create their music. Call it an Echus unbounded.

Maybe a live recording fail
this thread is full of shenanigans.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada