Thoughts on why Warp/Boc interacted with Twoism directly?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Guys, I totally missed this clue due to good weather. What was the clue? Can somebody please give a summary of what happened?
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Boqurant
portiss wrote:Guys, I totally missed this clue due to good weather. What was the clue? Can somebody please give a summary of what happened?

Summarised really nicely under Messageboard on bocpages here: http://bocpages.org/wiki/Record_Store_D ... ssageboard

New Seed
IsawFnords wrote:As a long-time lurker I feel compelled to finally post. Especially if the BoC are reading this forum I just wanted to thank them for the endless hours of musical pleasure I've gotten from their tunes and from the crypto-shenanigans leading up to the (hopefully) new album.

Although, I generally don't listen to any other electronic groups, it seems that the BoC attract a unique cabal of discerning listeners quite unlike most other electronic acts. I think this only speaks quality of the music.

Can't remember being this excited for an album since my teenage years in the 90's!

Precisely This.

Though I signed up last year, I've been a lurker many years prior.
Highly thrilled over this entire event and whatever may come.

Cheers to all!

Dayvan Cowboy
ecstatic that they chose to interact with twoism directly! proud day for the board!

Dayvan Cowboy
ambivalenceavenue wrote:
portiss wrote:Guys, I totally missed this clue due to good weather. What was the clue? Can somebody please give a summary of what happened?

Summarised really nicely under Messageboard on bocpages here: http://bocpages.org/wiki/Record_Store_D ... ssageboard

Cheers, I checked 2020k but nothing was on it, totally forgot about bocpages.

portiss wrote:Cheers, I checked 2020k but nothing was on it, totally forgot about bocpages.

Ouch... :(

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:
portiss wrote:Cheers, I checked 2020k but nothing was on it, totally forgot about bocpages.

Haha sorry Fredd-E, you know I love you, and respect you for what you do!

Sherbet Head
Fredd-E wrote:

GOD
i laughed a bit harder than i should've
*farts*

idk

Sherbet Head
All my thoughts on BoC's views and opinions regarding the internet are very confused now. :?

Sherbet Head
I really love the personal touch by putting a clue on this forum, I think it is quite humble of them and id say it was certainly a choice by them and not warp.

I also love how information gathered here and and accumulated on BoC pages is way ahead of all the top "music journalists" like NME :lol:

Regardless of their silence, it seems BoC put their fans first and regard us higher then the media main stream. 8)

Boqurant
Magrathea wrote:I know that over at watmm some feel bruised, battered and blue that twoism.org has the edge in deciphering and being involved with the whole process. I won't say more.

Does anyone have the original WAV files from the 628315 hint saved somewhere? I'd like to try a few things if I can download the originals (disabled on soundcloud)

Thank you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tdwvhwnvi91f4jw/AAAA.wav
https://www.dropbox.com/s/36khmtoag5icd2o/BBBB.wav

Dayvan Cowboy
I think the whole idea of tribalism when it comes to Twoism vs WATMM is pretty accurate. For a clue like this, do you really want the "old guard" who seems to pride themselves on their overall jadedness and apathy to try and tackle this? When it's cool not to care, you're not going to get anyone involved to try and figure out your clue.

For all I've said some harsh things about WATMM in the past (and recently) and for all I can't abide the place for more than 20 seconds, I hope we don't lower ourselves to gloating. At the end of the day, we all love BOC's music - perhaps we just express things a little differently.

Let's also not forget that there's one clue left to find. Who's to say that won't end up being 'given' to Joyrex to release via WATMM?

Anyhow, I'm too happy to be negative today, so a rare 'peace out' from me to WATMM. Like BOC releases, that won't happen very often I suspect :wink:

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Still one clue to go - wouldn't surprise me if it ended up on WATMM.

Posts Quantity
Did Warp got in touch with Aesthetics to send him the banner? I wonder how it happened that the banner appeared on Twoism…

Dayvan Cowboy
MrMessiah wrote:Still one clue to go - wouldn't surprise me if it ended up on WATMM.

You may be right - those guys might have a fire lit under them to prove themselves after last night's events!

Sherbet Head
MrMessiah wrote:Still one clue to go - wouldn't surprise me if it ended up on WATMM.

This was my first thought as soon as our clue was found!

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:I think the whole idea of tribalism when it comes to Twoism vs WATMM is pretty accurate. For a clue like this, do you really want the "old guard" who seems to pride themselves on their overall jadedness and apathy to try and tackle this? When it's cool not to care, you're not going to get anyone involved to try and figure out your clue.

Yes. I post there some and think it's an alright place, but the... active BoC-apathy they engage in might have clashed a bit with an attempt at a clue over there.

But my post isn't really about why they chose Twosim and not WATMM. It's more about why they would choose to interact with hardcore fans directly, in a way that is too complicated and "inside-joke" for the average fan to appreciate it. Either way, I appreciate the gesture.
Couple live jazz Boards of Canada covers of mine can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/ntowbinj

Dayvan Cowboy
egbdf wrote:
Opothecary wrote:I think the whole idea of tribalism when it comes to Twoism vs WATMM is pretty accurate. For a clue like this, do you really want the "old guard" who seems to pride themselves on their overall jadedness and apathy to try and tackle this? When it's cool not to care, you're not going to get anyone involved to try and figure out your clue.

Yes. I post there some and think it's an alright place, but the... active BoC-apathy they engage in might have clashed a bit with an attempt at a clue over there.

But my post isn't really about why they chose Twosim and not WATMM. It's more about why they would choose to interact with hardcore fans directly, in a way that is too complicated and "inside-joke" for the average fan to appreciate it. Either way, I appreciate the gesture.

I think they want to reward the hardcore fans for sticking around through the lean years and give them something to play with, and the RSD thing was a highly visible way to bring people back into the fold that may have lost interest over the years.

Like I said in my own OP, I didn't really expect the music press to provide any kind of ongoing coverage of this story. Looking at the headers of those WAV files, you can tell the band makes it clear that this is a game for the fans. Let us have our fun, and everyone who can't be bothered will have an announcement/album soon enough. :)

Happy Cycler
Ottomatik wrote:Did Warp got in touch with Aesthetics to send him the banner? I wonder how it happened that the banner appeared on Twoism…

AESTHETICS HASN'T SAID ANYTHING HE MUST BE IN ON THE CONSPIRACY CONSPIRACY
CONSPIRACY
CONSPIRACY

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada