Sometimes - Sexual Objects / Boards remix

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
The Triassic boss, whiskystephen, is a funny guy...am sure he knows a lot of people are paying attention to every facet of this release.

It's a great label...the Screamers, Bangers & Cosmic Synths comp is well worth buying and the King Creosote 7" is a belter too.

Expect the vinyl to roll out on an ad hoc basis....doubt they'll make it to any of the usual outlets like Boomkat etc., but you never know.

Posts Quantity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmlXxaS5uhk

How has it been up so long with so little views?

Dayvan Cowboy
Mikey wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmlXxaS5uhk

How has it been up so long with so little views?

I like it.

Unlisted video, so that's probably why...

Posts Quantity
love it. especially at the beginning. that synth takes me somewhere...
Palace Posy

Eagle Minded
Amazing.

Eagle Minded
Soooo, I'm going to go out on a limb and state the obvious...but those two puppets are supposed to be the bros, yeah?

A hint to a live show, perchance? Or is this just the confirmation of cheeky wordplay about how BoC are on "remix duties" at the launch event?
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Just gorgeous.
Guessing the puppets are the guys from Sexual Objects?

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:Guessing the puppets are the guys from Sexual Objects?

It likely is - I'm not familiar with the group to know if it's only a 2pc or not. Their Discog's mini-bio listed more than 2 band members and I just took a swing in the dark :mrgreen:
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Sherbet Head
wow that track is awesome, really love when the vocals come in

Eagle Minded
Every time I listen I find something else embedded in the mix. Love the backing synths at the beginning, very reminiscent of Flute Frum Thing. The vocals also work so well. Just lovely really

Dayvan Cowboy
God, once again, they come out with something where the different layers coming in and out seem to be playing totally different chord sequences, but it all somehow marries up, and builds to this emotional swell. I am *all over* this kind of track, really. Good stuff.

Editted topic title slightly. Thanks again to OP for highlighting this :-)

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
Mikey wrote:I watched a documentary a few months back about the rise of the Edinburgh punk scene in the 70s which featured interviews with Davy Henderson from The Sexual Objects and previously The Fire Engines. It was mainly about Scottish labels Fast Product and Postcard records rivalry. I'm pretty sure it was called The Big Gold Dream. Worth a watch if you can find it. Anyhoo...Edinburgh musicians tend to mingle and I guess it sometimes results in remixes.

It is called Big Gold Dream (after a Fire Engines track) and it is definitely worth a watch. You can get hold of it here:

https://www.roughtrade.com/film/big-gold-dream-the-story-of-young-scotland

It was shown on the BBC but is no longer available on iPlayer.

Nova Scotia Robot
beautiful song. cool video, too.

Friendly Stranger
From the Triassic Tusk mailout:

"Sorry for vandalising your peace and quiet.
First up is our new record - Sometimes by The Sexual Objects. The original version, plus remixes by Boards of Canada, Andrew Weatherall and WAVNE. That's a nice sentence to write. It's coming out on EP on Saturday the 29th. Only 1000 copies though. And we haven't done any pre-orders.
We'll have it on sale on the site here...
http://triassictusk.com/shop/

And in real life it's going to be in Monorail, Underground Solu'shn, Assai, Love Music, Sounds of The Universe, Rough Trade, Friendly, Phonica, Discos Paradiso, Rush Hour, Honeybucket and probably some other places. The shops probably have other records that are worth getting too.

If you happen to be in Glasgow on the 29th and passing The Rum Shack then we'll be launching it that night with a special appearance from The Sexual Objects themselves."

Fill yer boots!

Dayvan Cowboy
Wow, loved every second of it on my shitty speakers at work. Can't wait to hear a higher quality version. Puppets definitely resemble the boys, with those skull caps.

Leave it to BOC to throw the entire song out the window with exception to the chorus only, or strike that, just the one word from the chorus. You'd think that little piano line was from the song and nope, listening to the original I didn't hear it anywhere. Just lovely.

Eagle Minded
I love it, sometiiiimes

Ah! This is lovely. I'm happy this isn't another Nuclear Winter we all goin die tomorrow so harvest ye crops womp womp songs (though I love them).

Only 1000 copies? What timezone will the record be going up in the shop? I need this. I'm going to be checking that site all day from the 28th-29th.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

New Seed
I'm in love with this track right now. I hope it gets a wider release than just a very limited run on vinyl (Though I'm definitely gonna try to snap myself up a copy of that) or at the very least comes out on Spotify or something.

Surprisingly upbeat for BOC but still very much a Mike and Marcus masterpiece.
"It would be wise to remember that the same people who would stop you from listening to Boards of Canada may be back next year to complain about a book, or even a TV program. If you can be told what you can see or read, then it follows that you can be told what to say or think. "

Site Admin
What a great collaboration! Really digging the vocals and the whole building up, good balance.
Life is a Frequency

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada