strangest place to hear boc

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
metamorphosis wrote:The 'Look around you' piss-take of 70's educational TV programs made in 2001 by the BBC used several bits from Hooper Bay EP, including a few that (I suspect) BoC gave them from that era but not included on the EP (by the sounds of them).
m

WAHT? do you have any clips? i would like to hear this indeed.
"It's been a long time..."

Dayvan Cowboy
The look around you music was composed by the producers specifically for the program, and got recorded and released as a fake hooper bay on the internets. As far as we know, the real hooper bay isn't publicly available anywhere, none of us have heard it. Sorry :(
"Now son, don't worry, those were just lies Daddy told to get prescription drugs"

Happy Cycler
thx for clarifications about the origins infinit e. wouldn't mind hearing the music from that programme though either.

Dayvan Cowboy
Look Around You

I love this show so much.
"Now son, don't worry, those were just lies Daddy told to get prescription drugs"

Happy Cycler
lol cheers, i think i may have actually heard of this programme before, there may have even been a thread about this. :P

Nova Scotia Robot
hexagon son wrote:lol cheers, i think i may have actually heard of this programme before, there may have even been a thread about this. :P

http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3638

Happy Cycler
lol, thanx!

Sherbet Head
We should have some sort of community service requirement before new members are allowed to post :P

Happy Cycler
how about a "read the rules" sticky? highlighting the thread search button in neon.

Nova Scotia Robot
hexagon son wrote:how about a "read the rules" sticky? highlighting the thread search button in neon.

with the word NEWB, shaped like an arrow pointing at them.

Sherbet Head
Treefingers wrote:They played Roygbiv on 'That Mitchell And Webb Look' on Thursday.

I saw that too. Quite the strangest extended sketch I've seen for a while.

A soup chef who can finesse his soup by smell alone is given an hour off by his impressed boss. He gets mugged and punched in the nose thus loosing his gift and his job. Then we see him trying to invent a smelling robot to the sounds of Roygbiv. The robot's rubbish and can't even distinguish between petrol and cheese. The whole thing culminates in the robot trying to set itself on fire with cheese in a suicide bid brought on by the chef's snubbing of his useless creation.

In this case I think the strangest thing was not hearing BOC but the random twists and turns of the sketch.

Dayvan Cowboy
There was some BoC played over the PA system before the Justice show here in Dallas last week (or whenever it was.. time has no meaning any longer).

Friendly Stranger
I initially found it quite strange to hear BoC in the channel menu on Foxtel (cable TV service) in Australia. So far I've heard Chromakey Dreamcoat, Satellite Anthem Icarus and IABPOITC. Their playlist seems massive so there may well be more?

I guess this ain't a strange place to hear BoC, but i think it's relevant as I've never heard them being played anywhere else, apart from me physically pushing a play button.

I was at mates house for poker night last friday, and I was acting DJ for the night. Not too far into Geogaddi someone who i had only met earlier in the night yells out "Salad fingers!" And i'm like yeah i know, but i've never seen it before, and he's like wtf?
RIP

Sherbet Head
jbond007 wrote:I initially found it quite strange to hear BoC in the channel menu on Foxtel (cable TV service) in Australia. So far I've heard Chromakey Dreamcoat, Satellite Anthem Icarus and IABPOITC. Their playlist seems massive so there may well be more?

I guess this ain't a strange place to hear BoC, but i think it's relevant as I've never heard them being played anywhere else, apart from me physically pushing a play button.

I was at mates house for poker night last friday, and I was acting DJ for the night. Not too far into Geogaddi someone who i had only met earlier in the night yells out "Salad fingers!" And i'm like yeah i know, but i've never seen it before, and he's like wtf?

On Foxtel!? Weird. I'm working on the new HD box. I'll check it out.

Sherbet Head
wwbjd wrote:There was some BoC played over the PA system before the Justice show here in Dallas last week (or whenever it was.. time has no meaning any longer).

I saw Why? perform in San Francisco last week, Odd Nosdam played Sixtyniner during his DJ set before the show. Nice to hear the old school BoC.

Telepath
to answer the topics question...

it would be...my anus...

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:to answer the topics question...

it would be...my anus...

what would it sound like?

New Seed
i have to say, the strangest place i've ever heard it was at a frat party on campus. they played the entirety of geogaddi in order at the party. this was after some animal collective and broken social scene however, so not your typical frat.

i do hear them all the time on adult swim and the science channel though.

Sherbet Head
Zarathustra wrote:i have to say, the strangest place i've ever heard it was at a frat party on campus. they played the entirety of geogaddi in order at the party. this was after some animal collective and broken social scene however, so not your typical frat.

i do hear them all the time on adult swim and the science channel though.

It would be a lot stranger if it happened in a normal frat, huh?
Viper.

Dayvan Cowboy
I heard BoC being played at a friend of a friend's party once. They didn't seem like Boccers to me, and had been playing lil jon non stop up until then...so that was random.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada