GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
I draw thrones

Eagle Minded
Something has to give soon.... it doesn't make sense considering the cadence of their posts for the last 5 months.

Boqurant
Round the world and home again
That’s the sailor’s way
Faster faster, faster faster

There’s no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going
There’s no knowing where we’re rowing
Or which way the river’s flowing

Is it raining, is it snowing
Is a hurricane a-blowing

Not a speck of light is showing
So the danger must be growing
Are the fires of Hell a-glowing
Is the grisly reaper mowing

Yes, the danger must be growing
For the rowers keep on rowing
And they’re certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing

Sherbet Head
How many backflips can you do?

Friendly Stranger
“If you can’t laugh at life, it just isn’t funny anymore.” (Wavy Gravy quoted by Sasha in PiHKAL: https://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/read.php?id=64)

Sherbet Head
it may come. that is all.

also wonder if the brothers sometimes lurk here to see our insane analysis over the most minute and insignificant of details. do you think they get a laugh out of it or do they embrace it and even make it part of the BOC mystic that becomes intertwined with what is and is not insanity? do y'all think that even the Sandison brothers are even insane?

are we all insane, so far into the immaculately engineered schizophrenic world of BOC and it's mystic and for even some their own entire foundation for a world view? do y'all think the Sandison's caused this or did we? did one influence the other? what came first, the chicken or the egg?
will the infinites ever split? will we ever find out the true color of fire? will I ever get to experience one of the most significant and incomprehensibly beautiful moments of my life on June 9th down at the beach? or will it all just fade away with a glimmering turquoise hexagon sun casting rays on the beauty of the past, a place now inaccessible, for we only had a finity to enjoy it before it was gone forever. and even if the forest moon is beyond the scope of human understanding and security, perhaps through it all we will make it out to see the day of tomorrows harvest.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Posts Quantity
Flory wrote:it may come. that is all.

also wonder if the brothers sometimes lurk here to see our insane analysis over the most minute and insignificant of details. do you think they get a laugh out of it or do they embrace it and even make it part of the BOC mystic that becomes intertwined with what is and is not insanity? do y'all think that even the Sandison brothers are even insane?

are we all insane, so far into the immaculately engineered schizophrenic world of BOC and it's mystic and for even some their own entire foundation for a world view? do y'all think the Sandison's caused this or did we? did one influence the other? what came first, the chicken or the egg?
will the infinites ever split? will we ever find out the true color of fire? will I ever get to experience one of the most significant and incomprehensibly beautiful moments of my life on June 9th down at the beach? or will it all just fade away with a glimmering turquoise hexagon sun casting rays on the beauty of the past, a place now inaccessible, for we only had a finity to enjoy it before it was gone forever. and even if the forest moon is beyond the scope of human understanding and security, perhaps through it all we will make it out to see the day of tomorrows harvest.

I reckon they don’t care all that much (and most likely don’t have enough time to read through everything that gets posted here.)
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Eagle Minded
I reckon they take a peep once in a while, or at least mdg gives them an update on how we are collectively losing our minds lol

Boqurant
Maybe the folks over at Music70 would have us enjoy what's left of the wild world. Before tomorrow's unbearably angry summers.

Flory wrote:also wonder if the brothers sometimes lurk here to see our insane analysis over the most minute and insignificant of details.

Indirectly, presumably, yes. There are more eyes than just MDG's focused on this forum. I think the HS people occasionally forward to M&M what is noteworthy to them.

Posts Quantity
Fredd-E wrote:
Flory wrote:also wonder if the brothers sometimes lurk here to see our insane analysis over the most minute and insignificant of details.

Indirectly, presumably, yes. There are more eyes than just MDG's focused on this forum. I think the HS people occasionally forward to M&M what is noteworthy to them.

Noteworthy in what way?
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

qukk_ wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:

Noteworthy in what way?

Stating the obvious here, but what they deem noteworthy is their private reasoning. :-)

But I can tell you one thing: privacy breaches with regards to BoC are definitely noteworthy and being forwarded.

Sherbet Head
But I can tell you one thing: privacy breaches with regards to BoC are definitely noteworthy and being forwarded.

I believe, but I may be wrong, you are referring to The List Of Things Not To Be Discussed, that from my own deducing includes The List itself. :wink:

New Seed
On June 9th of this year, the BOCset alongside a new album will be announced. About 5 months later, a 7 track EP of all new material will also be announced. And if I'm wrong, then it'll actually happen uhhhhhh next June 9th.
:3

Boqurant
BoC has forsaken us. The sixth seal is opening.

Posts Quantity
One day maybe.

Otherwise I don’t think Warp would still have them signed.
"I'm not moaning! I'm humming a very low-pitched song."

Eagle Minded
I don't think I see a summer release, maybe something in the fall?

Boqurant
I still think we'll get a song or a remix or something next month. It's in their dna.

Boqurant
You ever wonder if other artists embrace, or reject, or have wholly other intentions on the cult following they amass? You think anyone gives a shit about taylor swift? I bet niche groups can drive pop culture in profound ways. The new generation will have a BoC of their own, in many forms, and more profoundly nostalgic, if anything analog survives.

Eagle Minded
Perhaps they have writers block or just not happy with their output.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada