Thoughts on why Warp/Boc interacted with Twoism directly?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
I thought it was common knowledge they at least look at the board occasionally. In fact one of them contacted me through a pm here a few years ago.

Posts Quantity
niknak wrote:I thought it was common knowledge they at least look at the board occasionally. In fact one of them contacted me through a pm here a few years ago.

What's your evidence that it was really one of them?

Sherbet Head
balls

I'm going to spend all night fending off troll accusations, aren't i.

Sherbet Head
apriorion wrote:
niknak wrote:I thought it was common knowledge they at least look at the board occasionally. In fact one of them contacted me through a pm here a few years ago.

they sent me something that was hosted on hellinterface.com

Posts Quantity
niknak wrote:balls

I'm going to spend all night fending off troll accusations, aren't i.

hah, well it is a pretty big statement. Could of been anyone saying they where one the brothers.

Posts Quantity
niknak wrote:
apriorion wrote:

Nah, I'm not going to accuse you of being a troll--I was just curious. Thanks for answering.

See ya.

Sherbet Head
apriorion wrote:
niknak wrote:
apriorion wrote:

Nah, I'm not going to accuse you of being a troll--I was just curious. Thanks for answering.

See ya.

No worries, someone will!

Sherbet Head
And actually in that pm they referred to the "good guys at twoism", so i find the clue being shared here to be entirely in keeping with that sentiment.

Dayvan Cowboy
niknak wrote:
apriorion wrote:
niknak wrote:
apriorion wrote:

See ya.

care to elaborate niknak?

Sherbet Head
ross adey wrote:
niknak wrote:
apriorion wrote:
niknak wrote:
apriorion wrote:

See ya.

care to elaborate niknak?

Hi Ross. I guess I better now! A few years ago i was trying to assemble the 'campfire mixtape' they made for a magazine interview (there's a thread about it), and was stuck trying to get one last really obscure, out-of-print track. So i got this pm from one of the guys (it wasn't mdg) with a link to it hosted on hellinterface.com, and a request that i don't torrent it, only share it with the "good guys at twoism". and a smiley face.

I'm not saying which bro, and not telling you his account name! I have to keep some secrets. Obviously it's not a very active account.

Dayvan Cowboy
was that the mixtape that had sufjan stevens' 'a good man is hard to find' and joni's 'ameilia'? around '07 if i'm not mistaken?

Sherbet Head
ross adey wrote:was that the mixtape that had sufjan stevens' 'a good man is hard to find' and joni's 'ameilia'? around '07 if i'm not mistaken?

that's the one.

Eagle Minded
It's super neat seeing them interact with the forum directly after thinking of them as mysterious for years. It's great to see that they're nudging us along and helping, I knew it would come to this at some point.

Goddamn I'm so excited

Dayvan Cowboy
niknak wrote:
ross adey wrote:was that the mixtape that had sufjan stevens' 'a good man is hard to find' and joni's 'ameilia'? around '07 if i'm not mistaken?

that's the one.

cool! well, that sounds sincere enough! i ain't gonna go digging in the vaults though, just wanted to get clarification. cheers dude!

Posts Quantity
I think it was pretty cool of them to interact with the fanbase like that; when I think truly legit, I think of those two.

Dayvan Cowboy
speaking of the mixtape - anyone that hasn't listened to 'amelia' by joni mitchell should do so. it's a gorgeous song choc-full of boc related stuff. after hearing it i became a huge fan of her music. i think there are similarities in boc's and joni's musical aesthetic. the personal approach.

EDIT: "there's comfort in melancholy when there's no need to explain."

Sherbet Head
Though I post everyday on watmm and very rarely on twoism, I'd agree you lot treat BoC with far more respect and sincerity (check the amount of locked threads lol). Kudos to you. But that's to be expected as you're dedicated to them 100 %. Somethings I have wrote over there about BOC make me embarressed and look like a bit of a fool but I still love BoC just as much as you, I just get things off my chest in a different way.

While its best for you to avoid the BoC subforum,( it its not your cup of tea), the General Music Chat and New Release sub forums are really awesome as is Aphex and Autechre. Autechre in particular get much respect over on Watmm.

Perhaps the knives will go away, now new music is on the horizon?

Boqurant
vballs wrote:I really love the personal touch by putting a clue on this forum, I think it is quite humble of them and id say it was certainly a choice by them and not warp.

I also love how information gathered here and and accumulated on BoC pages is way ahead of all the top "music journalists" like NME :lol:

Regardless of their silence, it seems BoC put their fans first and regard us higher then the media main stream. 8)

very well put!

Dayvan Cowboy
warphead wrote:Though I post everyday on watmm and very rarely on twoism, I'd agree you lot treat BoC with far more respect and sincerity (check the amount of locked threads lol). Kudos to you. But that's to be expected as you're dedicated to them 100 %. Somethings I have wrote over there about BOC make me embarressed and look like a bit of a fool but I still love BoC just as much as you, I just get things off my chest in a different way.

While its best for you to avoid the BoC subforum,( it its not your cup of tea), the General Music Chat and New Release sub forums are really awesome as is Aphex and Autechre. Autechre in particular get much respect over on Watmm.

Perhaps the knives will go away, now new music is on the horizon?

Yep, I get that. WATMM is more of an overall appreciation of IDM artists, whereas this place is here strictly because of BoC. If you wanted to boil it down to 2 stereotypes, Twoism is the neckbeard autists (as zeoevil would say) and WATMM is the jaded guys heading into middle age that probably ate too much E in the 90s that think everything is a joke. ;)

Happy Cycler
I have never had such a positive reaction to being called autistic before.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada