Thoughts on why Warp/Boc interacted with Twoism directly?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
^ both forums are what they are. What I do think is interesting is the sense of community here. I visit a handful of forums dedicated to some of my favourite artists. Mostly I lurk & rarely post, some I don't even have a login. Twoism is a real exception in that I feel like there's more of an involved community - we all came for the BoC, but because of that most of us found we had a lot of shared musical tastes and interests; these discussions almost (until this week!) superseded the BoC connection in my opinion.

Dayvan Cowboy
The Telepathic Kid wrote:I have never had such a positive reaction to being called autistic before.

Haha, my point being was describing how either side seems to stereotype the other. It's not my feeling about this place at all.

Sherbet Head
A_Northern_Soul wrote:^ both forums are what they are. What I do think is interesting is the sense of community here. I visit a handful of forums dedicated to some of my favourite artists. Mostly I lurk & rarely post, some I don't even have a login. Twoism is a real exception in that I feel like there's more of an involved community - we all came for the BoC, but because of that most of us found we had a lot of shared musical tastes and interests; these discussions almost (until this week!) superseded the BoC connection in my opinion.

Yes sir, I knew you were a solid dude just going by your screen name!

Posts Quantity
I post (well mostly lurk..) on here and WATMM... i hang here usually to listen to music in the random sound section and for little tidbits on BoC. On WATMM i like the sarcastic laugh a minute style posting, it's a great place to go when you've had a few beers and run out of things to do on facebook! :)

I can totally understand why the BoC lads would choose here over WATMM... i'm not sure it would have worked anywhere near aswell on WATMM, i'd imagine most folks would have started to take the piss and then it would have all broke down. That's not to speak bad of the place tho, it's just a different crowd.

Sherbet Head
So awesome that they used twoism to reveal that clue, it's just really nice to know they appreciate us like we appreciate them. Cheers guys!

Sherbet Head
I must say though, I'm not sure what I'd of done without this forum the past week. None of my friends give a shit, a couple of them like BoC but certainly not to the extent that I feel. They'd be happy just to wait until the album comes out before showing much interest.
Here I am surrounded by equally obsessive compulsive BoCers. It's great. Kind of wish we all lived close to each other so we could meet up and solve shit together haha.

Sherbet Head
ross adey wrote:speaking of the mixtape - anyone that hasn't listened to 'amelia' by joni mitchell should do so. it's a gorgeous song choc-full of boc related stuff. after hearing it i became a huge fan of her music. i think there are similarities in boc's and joni's musical aesthetic. the personal approach.

EDIT: "there's comfort in melancholy when there's no need to explain."

Ha, funny you should pick that one out. That's the only track i really don't like. I just gave it another go, and...no sorry, not my bag. Now the Beach Boys track, that's a different story. I probably listen to it once a week. Each to his own i guess!

Telepath
TWOISM MYSTERY TEAM GO!

I think, on topic, its a small reminder this board is under complete supervision of http://newcleardawn.com/ , has been since www.warp.net/666 and this is just practice before they perform this odd confusion/riddle/mindwarp ritual for the owl-god
WAKE UP PEOPLE THE INTERNET IS EVIL.

Dayvan Cowboy
niknak wrote:
ross adey wrote:speaking of the mixtape - anyone that hasn't listened to 'amelia' by joni mitchell should do so. it's a gorgeous song choc-full of boc related stuff. after hearing it i became a huge fan of her music. i think there are similarities in boc's and joni's musical aesthetic. the personal approach.

EDIT: "there's comfort in melancholy when there's no need to explain."

Ha, funny you should pick that one out. That's the only track i really don't like. I just gave it another go, and...no sorry, not my bag. Now the Beach Boys track, that's a different story. I probably listen to it once a week. Each to his own i guess!
what one is that again? They're the only two I can remember. Was there a polyphonic spree song as well? Maybe that was a dream.

Boqurant
Coming out of lurk mode to chime in and say this whole thing is flat out fantastic.

Can't believe one of the clues was here. Think it means a lot to everyone. Now everyone looking can team up and get the last one! ...And then figure it out!

Eagle Minded
are the posters on watmm really butt hurt over this? lol

i mean obviously the fact that this place is dedicated to the band and uses one of their album titles helps im sure.

i used to post on watmm and i still sometimes lurk the general discussion forum but the sub forums, especially the BoC one is an absolute shit show

Eagle Minded
I think it's cool as hell that they used Twoism for a clue and I've only been here 5 minutes. Christ knows how awesome it is for the long-timers. 8)

Sherbet Head
Opothecary wrote:
warphead wrote:Though I post everyday on watmm and very rarely on twoism, I'd agree you lot treat BoC with far more respect and sincerity (check the amount of locked threads lol). Kudos to you. But that's to be expected as you're dedicated to them 100 %. Somethings I have wrote over there about BOC make me embarressed and look like a bit of a fool but I still love BoC just as much as you, I just get things off my chest in a different way.

While its best for you to avoid the BoC subforum,( it its not your cup of tea), the General Music Chat and New Release sub forums are really awesome as is Aphex and Autechre. Autechre in particular get much respect over on Watmm.

Perhaps the knives will go away, now new music is on the horizon?

WATMM is the jaded guys heading into middle age that probably ate too much E in the 90s that think everything is a joke. ;)

heheheh, E in the 90's was worth eating though, unlike nowadays

Friendly Stranger
I think it was just a nice message saying, 'we know we don't interact with you guys, but we know you're there and that you're very much appreciated, and we do hear you.'

I strongly believe that was the intent, if not from the Brothers at least from Warp. Whatever, I think it's a lovely sentiment. :D

Boqurant
MindElevation wrote:I must say though, I'm not sure what I'd of done without this forum the past week. None of my friends give a shit, a couple of them like BoC but certainly not to the extent that I feel. They'd be happy just to wait until the album comes out before showing much interest.
Here I am surrounded by equally obsessive compulsive BoCers. It's great. Kind of wish we all lived close to each other so we could meet up and solve shit together haha.

This. It's great to share this excitement with all of you.

Sherbet Head
LuminalStasis wrote:This. It's great to share this excitement with all of you.

Out of all of the people I have told about this, only my father, an avid vinyl enthusiast, didn't gaze at me with the same glossy-eyed look of pallid enthusiasm you give young children when they rediscover belly button lint for the second or third time.

Boqurant
Regular lurker here for many years and I just had to post about all this...so glad that Boc or Warp gave the clue directly to Twoism it really does show genuine appreciation to the fans here. I can't think of another group of people that love BoC more than the people on here, you guys deserve it!

Sherbet Head
kidfortoday70 wrote:Regular lurker here for many years and I just had to post about all this...so glad that Boc or Warp gave the clue directly to Twoism it really does show genuine appreciation to the fans here. I can't think of another group of people that love BoC more than the people on here, you guys deserve it!

This!

Would like to join the love-in at this moment and just note general excitement and thankfulness for watching other people who care so much about this participate in it. I'm largely AFK these days as I'm on the road, but trying to keep up with these new BoC happenings as soon as the internet comes my way. So psyched, and glad to be part of a community that is equally psyched!

Need to organise some listening parties and other socials in the future!

Sherbet Head
Also... it is just so awesomely appreciative of BoC to the fan community to "play" like this. After years of no doubt popping into the community spaces to see what's been cooking, and what efforts have been made to work things out, or predict BoC future, it's as though there's a total reward now. So, I take this whole week in many ways as a really nice playful interaction between the band and their tight community of fans.

<3

Boqurant
Man I'm really glad to have joined this forum! So much positivity!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada