Thoughts on why Warp/Boc interacted with Twoism directly?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
BoC brothers we love you, and as you show it you love us. Com' on, don't be shy come over here and lets talk about universal shit :D!

Posts Quantity
i bet its cuz this is the boards of canada forum u know??? its not some message like HEY GUYS we appreciate u , heres how much . its like.. ya.. this is the boc forum. if ur trying 2 give hints to the fans this is a place to do it . idk maybe im crazzy

Eagle Minded
Nicely put Northern. This place is like a comfy T-shirt that you wear once in a while and can't throw away. A tiny, tiny, tiny number you might meet in the flesh, but others such as yourself who seem decent just by the way they conduct themselves (you chipped in with Edinburgh info for people heading there).

Delighted that there was a nod to us from BoC - even if it was possibly indirectly so - it still feels nice. After a hard week at work - and as things were ramping up on here - I stepped outside at twilight, and my senses seemed somehow a bit sharper. Glad that all this going to mean a hell of a lot to everyone on this forum. It's great to have something to look forward to at last. :)

A_Northern_Soul wrote:^ both forums are what they are. What I do think is interesting is the sense of community here. I visit a handful of forums dedicated to some of my favourite artists. Mostly I lurk & rarely post, some I don't even have a login. Twoism is a real exception in that I feel like there's more of an involved community - we all came for the BoC, but because of that most of us found we had a lot of shared musical tastes and interests; these discussions almost (until this week!) superseded the BoC connection in my opinion.
:D :D
rED ORAnge YELLow grEEn blUe inDIGo violEt
ricHArd OF yorK GAvE baTTle in vAIn
ROYGBIV
Released! Oh Yes! Gonna Buy It Vinyl!
B&Q

Happy Cycler
^ cheers, fella :)

Interesting thought as to why this forum has more of a community feel to it: is it the lack of BoC material!? The fact that we're not always talking about a constant stream of releases, gigs, bootlegs.... We find ourselves talking about everything else instead! An idle thought as Little A_Northern_Soul is napping & I'm pacing around in the sunshine.

Just realised, I was on holiday up north in a beautiful place out in the country last week sans Internet connection. I'd have missed all this!

Eagle Minded
^ cool. :D

I'm getting the sun as well and just remembered that I was in Toronto when Warp e-mailed the cover of Campfire Headphase prior to release. So it's possible that Warp will make contact with this forum directly to reward our patience. BoC appear to ave done it, so why not.
rED ORAnge YELLow grEEn blUe inDIGo violEt
ricHArd OF yorK GAvE baTTle in vAIn
ROYGBIV
Released! Oh Yes! Gonna Buy It Vinyl!
B&Q

Happy Cycler
Its cos were a bloody sound bunch of people obviously :wink:
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
ross adey wrote:speaking of the mixtape - anyone that hasn't listened to 'amelia' by joni mitchell should do so. it's a gorgeous song choc-full of boc related stuff. after hearing it i became a huge fan of her music. i think there are similarities in boc's and joni's musical aesthetic. the personal approach.

EDIT: "there's comfort in melancholy when there's no need to explain."

oh man I TOTALLY hear you.

Joni rocks.

Boqurant
ross adey wrote:speaking of the mixtape - anyone that hasn't listened to 'amelia' by joni mitchell should do so. it's a gorgeous song choc-full of boc related stuff. after hearing it i became a huge fan of her music. i think there are similarities in boc's and joni's musical aesthetic. the personal approach.

EDIT: "there's comfort in melancholy when there's no need to explain."

Absolutely.
Beautiful song. "Woodstock" too.

I was reading the original thread on the mixtape here from 2006, seems that at the time two of the songs couldn't be found: Smith Perkins Smith - "Say no More" and Mark Johnson - "Asia Major". These are easy enough to track down online now, if anyone wants to revisit.

Especially liking this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsnRdbO2QIY

I hope the new album continues where TCH was going and is more folksy than synthy.

Dayvan Cowboy
niknak wrote:
ross adey wrote:was that the mixtape that had sufjan stevens' 'a good man is hard to find' and joni's 'ameilia'? around '07 if i'm not mistaken?

that's the one.

Mind posting a link to download this mix you put together? I can't seem to find the thread you reference.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada