strangest place to hear boc

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
wow, just heard part of "Open the Light" on the tv program "Antiques Roadshow". We have that show on the lifestyle channel in Australia.

not sure if it was a repeat or not, but is was an episode about Glasgow, its art, city of culture ect. The song was briefly played while panning through a panoramic view of Glasgow. really good touch, music went perfect with the scene.

funning thing was that i was on this forum whist the t.v was on in the other room. it was pretty surreal because i'm high at the moment, 6 am on a Saturday mourning. Another nostalgic BoC experience for me!!
RIP

Posts Quantity
Wow, BoC on Antiques Roadshow! And I can't believe their music was used on Hollyoaks!! :o WTF...

Last time I saw BoC used on the telly was two-three months ago, Rue The Whirl over surfing footage as filler on the EuroSportNews channel.

Korona 1969 wrote:Wow, BoC on Antiques Roadshow!

Mike and Marcus are big players in the Antiques market actually. Mike has a nice line in Chippendale furniture, while I heard Marcus was shopping for Royal Doulton ceramics in a flea market near Edinburgh last summer. :roll:

Slow down...

Boqurant
Just came across this today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XboPtEAtyLI

Posts Quantity
Just heard "Dayvan Cowboy" on a GMC Yukon Hybrid commercial.
Welcome home faithful one. We forgive you.

Boqurant
I was just watching Panorama on BBC1, first it was Midnight in a Perfect World by DJ Shadow, (which seems to be the staple of every other documentary!!) after that it was Corsair, Oscar See Through The Red Eye and Ataronchronon all back to back, there could have been more tracks but I wanted to watch the football!! :oops:

Hi Scores Boards wrote:I was just watching Panorama on BBC1, first it was Midnight in a Perfect World by DJ Shadow, (which seems to be the staple of every other documentary!!) after that it was Corsair, Oscar See Through The Red Eye and Ataronchronon all back to back, there could have been more tracks but I wanted to watch the football!! :oops:

No need for the :oops: - BOC, then the football = muchos happiness :D

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
I've heard the Magic Window looped through many a programme.

Boqurant
Whoever works for Panorama must be a Boards of Canada fan!!

A few weeks ago in an episode about the credit crunch, they played two tracks at the start back to back. (My apologies for not remembering exactly which two tracks they were :oops: )

Last week, on BBC 4 there was a new documentary, The History of Maths, at the end where Marcus du Sautoy is talking about the greeks, they actually played Corsair, maybe Music is Maths was too obvious :wink:

Eagle Minded
On a documentary about the eye. :0 Don't renember which track, but I think it either was Open The Light or Corsair.

Also on BBC World News. They played Dayvan Cowboy. :D
WOOP WOOP IT'S THE SOUND OF THE AGEISPOLIS

Eagle Minded
I heard Gyroscope on a Crimewatch reconstruction not so long ago.

the BBC seem to favour Warp artists in general for background music - i'm often hearing tracks from Aphex's 'selected ambient works...' on documentarys. I delight in pointing it out when i recognise a track, for some reason no-one is ever all that impressed...

Dayvan Cowboy
23degreesdream wrote: I delight in pointing it out when i recognise a track, for some reason no-one is ever all that impressed...

I know that feeling!

Happy Cycler
The strangest place to hear BoC would be from your own insides. Think about it. To have Dawn Chorus pounding away somewhere near your gall bladder would be the strangest thing ever.

Sherbet Head
My grandparents' house (assuming they discovered BoC independent from me, and liked it enough to listen to it in their house)
Viper.

Telepath
mechanismj wrote:The strangest place to hear BoC would be from your own insides. Think about it. To have Dawn Chorus pounding away somewhere near your gall bladder would be the strangest thing ever.

That happened to me last week. It was playing from somewhere in my thoracic cavity. Every time I opened my mouth it got louder.
If I moved my mouth a certain way I could adjust the track like with a Low-pass filter and I would make cool build-ups and everything.

Sherbet Head
Currently watching Louis Theroux - Law and Disorder in Philadelphia. Fascinating, partially because I lived across the river from Philly and worked in and around it for years - does give some different context to the familiarity. Olson V3 was just played, and it really did fit.

Actually this is dripping (well ok two tracks) in BoC. Now it's Everything You Do Is A Balloon.
I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me.
https://www.instagram.com/powerline_misfortune/

Nova Scotia Robot
Someone on WATMM just posted this -> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=774_1228266264

strange.

747Music wrote:Someone on WATMM just posted this -> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=774_1228266264

strange.

wow that's actualy amazing on so many levels!

Sherbet Head
747Music wrote:Someone on WATMM just posted this -> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=774_1228266264

strange.

I was just about to post that.

strange.

We have a winner! :D

Slow down...

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada