GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
now with 50% more speculation[REGISTERED SIGN]

making perfect sense is irrational

Dayvan Cowboy
Glad this thing stayed unlocked. Something to chew on as we enter June - we know video 42 is csch (Harvest) and video 84 is Ready Lets Go - why are they asking us to "beware the friendly stranger" at both 43 and 85?

There's a friendly stranger on Twoism who stirred up the pot on some ASCAP entries last year and hasn't been heard from in quite some time.

Eagle Minded
From the Thread "New EP?"
rainbow wrote:Some additional info fo y'all

This is how the listing looks in the database. The interesting part is that the 'Old Tunes' tracks appear to have not been previously distributed by PRS, which would make sense. HOWEVER, 'Harvest Ritual' appears to have been. What do you think this could mean?

As for track length, look at this:

This is the listing for GEOGADDI. 3 minutes seems to be the default track time that is set for all works, even for works that wouldn't have a track time, such as the album geogaddi. This also goes for the other Albums and EPs that have been registered. So the 3 minutes could not have any relation to a track time, but rather a placeholder/default entry for a cohesive body of work.

Gonna see if I can do some more sleuthing today, but I would appreciate someone making me a Sherlock Holmes hat with 'Official BOC Sleuth' embossed on it :lol:

I've been waiting for someone to disprove this, but I guess time will tell. I remember there were a bunch of unknown tracks that were supposably registered through PRS in 2011, enough tracks for a whole album. It's made me suspisious that the brothers might be making secret albums that only friends/family get to hear. It wouldn't be the first time ; )

Personally I consider Harvest Ritual to be a fitting name for an EP following Tomorrows Harvest, if this happens to be true.
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Dayvan Cowboy
That's the thread I was thinking of, notice that Rainbow has only ever posted about ASCAP stuff as well. The dates on the Harvest Ritual post are interesting - July 7th (7×7 = 49, their sum of likes on Twitter for months) and July 18th (7 × 18 = 126) which is the same sum as 84 + 42 = 126.

About Harvest Ritual, I'm hoping for more than an EP, unless it's an EP release with some sort of announcement that an LP is coming in the short term as well.

So we've figured out to correlate the Tweet order to video playlist entries - 15-6-1-7 on YouTube - as some sort of indication that June 15th is relevant, especially since it sums to 21.

Let's do something similar on Soundcloud - the top entries of the song view are all TH tracks in apparently random order. What if we read it from the top as the track numbers from the album?

10-11-17-2

Since it seems we are meant to add in even months now, hints at October 11th 2017 make sense. Or we read the whole thing backwards (2017/11/10) as November 10th, which happens to be a Friday.

FWIW, Palace Posy is video 14 and Split Your Infinities is video 126 (84 + 42) on the video playlist.

That's your dose of numbers conspiracy theory for now. See you all June 15th!

Sherbet Head
Opothecary, I continue to look forward to your 6/15 hunch- and will blame the downfall of mankind on you if nothing happens. ;)

It's also curious, looking back at 2009 posts from MDG where he mentions the word new "recordS" coming multiple times. Now again, it took 4 years for anything to actually happen after that and he never put an exact time frame on anything, nor are his words in any way expected be held to any timetable, but the plural use of the word "record" is interesting. Any new tune, where art thou?

Eagle Minded
http://repsearch.ppluk.com/ars/faces/pages/audioSearch.jspx?_adf.ctrl-state=gkslrtjxs_4

This is where I found those track listings from 2011, I'm curious if anyone else had looked into this.

Dayvan Cowboy
North by North wrote:Opothecary, I continue to look forward to your 6/15 hunch- and will blame the downfall of mankind on you if nothing happens. ;)

It's also curious, looking back at 2009 posts from MDG where he mentions the word new "recordS" coming multiple times. Now again, it took 4 years for anything to actually happen after that and he never put an exact time frame on anything, nor are his words in any way expected be held to any timetable, but the plural use of the word "record" is interesting. Any new tune, where art thou?

Sorry, multiquote is a pain on mobile so I'll cover both posts here.

Im not expecting that much out of June 15th, just SOMETHING, probably a tweet or whatever. Its too soon for something of substance. When it comes, I really do think if it's not an old tunes type compilation, it may be a companion record of sorts to TH.

About those weird song entries, we figured out last year there's a bunch of Bim Sherman songs mistakenly attributed to BoC. Search for some of those song titles + Bim Sherman, and you'll see what I mean.

Nova Scotia Robot

Eagle Minded
I live for this shit keep bringing on the theories fam

Eagle Minded
Thanks for clearing that up for me Opothecary, I had been wondering about those tracks for awhile.

Dayvan Cowboy
It's been nearly a year since this all kicked off on June 6th, I've decided to cover some other final stray topics over the next couple weeks, we'll dig deep and reach for the weird. obscure and completely different today.

The usual disclaimers apply, I'm not crazy, I'm not stoned! Feel free to brutalize me as I play the last couple cards in my hand before June 15th surely passes without incident. :)

I brought up the idea of the "friendly stranger" in a recent post - I had mentioned that "Beware the Friendly Stranger" immediately followed both videos 42 and 84 on the video playlist. Their placement is a little suspect, it makes me wonder if they are asking us to either disregard (or maybe listen to) a particular poster here with a small number of posts that falls into the "Friendly Stranger" posting group.

I give you the dear and presumably departed Rainbow:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3849

What do we know about him? He's located on "the sun", he registered here April 21st, 2015 (exactly 2 years and 4 months prior to the total solar eclipse taking place this summer on August 21st) and he claims to have been to Redmoon, which required him to sign an NDA which wound everyone up about it in the process:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13283&p=261492#p261492

His other well known work was discovering the Old Tunes and Harvest Ritual PRS entries - along with another one called Strange Happenings which was his last work before falling off the face of the earth with an "lol":

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13437

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13489

If you read his posting history from the perspective that it's all been an intentional troll job from day one, it's pretty amusing. In fact, he's the one who explained the existence of the Bim Sherman song entries in the first place - that post in particular is written in that very mdg-esque "sorry, nothing to see here!" tone that many of us here are all too familiar with.

My personal thought is that there will never be an actual release named Harvest Ritual - this social experiment thing they have been conducting for the past year is the actual "Harvest Ritual" that will lead to whatever's next.

I've mentioned in the past that I think this summer, the timing (or at least concept) of the sun/eclipse type stuff is going to be relevant to future social media posts/announcements. When you combine the ideas of rainbows, the sun (Rainbow's purported location) and the eclipse, I give you the most BoC-esque sounding storefront name you've heard since Tomorrow's Harvest:

https://www.rainbowsymphonystore.com/

The above is basically THE longterm established online vendor for eclipse glasses, it's not some obscure site buried on the 10th page of a Google search for eclipse glasses.

In the end, its 99% likely to be nothing, but it's fun to imagine that they dreamed up the Rainbow persona, or are perhaps subtly referencing its hijinks by placing those "beware" videos adjacent to other ones that are suspected to be relevant. Even more than the PRS entries, the Redmoon NDA saga smells a little weird. In the end, we know they read this stuff without commenting on it directly.

The exact 2 years and 4 months registration of the account prior to the eclipse is kind of neat, especially when you remember that BoC reposted the Left Side Drive video 4 months to the day after originally liking a web developer's post of it on Twitter (for Left Side Drive, June 14th -> October 14th, in this case it's April 21st -> August 21st) - speaking of reaching for odd dates, Strange Happenings is funny too - take away 4 days from both the Creation and Amendment dates, and it's June 15th -> August 21st.

Eagle Minded
Wasn't it implied hat "Harvest Ritual" was the tune that played during their SAY award acceptance?

Posts Quantity

Eagle Minded
Cyclosa wrote:https://youtu.be/zu-3AuXrFsY

Just a t h e o r y or just a Q U E R Y ?

Dayvan Cowboy
Nottoolate wrote:Wasn't it implied hat "Harvest Ritual" was the tune that played during their SAY award acceptance?

No, Xentrix64 joined Twoism to make their first (and to date, only) post to explain that it was related to the TH ARG:

search.php?author_id=4155&sr=posts

Who knows what to believe though?

Hard to believe as of tomorrow, it will have been a year since the Macquarie Ridge video was posted. It never quite fit the pattern of subsequent posts, and I'll share my thoughts on what I think it means later. I'm sure everyone is waiting with bated breath

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:
Nottoolate wrote:Wasn't it implied hat "Harvest Ritual" was the tune that played during their SAY award acceptance?

No, Xentrix64 joined Twoism to make their first (and to date, only) post to explain that it was related to the TH ARG

Ah yes, completely forgot about that. Maybe Xentrix64 is another friendly stranger? :P

Dayvan Cowboy
Nottoolate wrote:Ah yes, completely forgot about that. Maybe Xentrix64 is another friendly stranger? :P

Possibly, but then again, the "friendly stranger" might not be a person at all, but an idea or a number instead.

Dayvan Cowboy

It must be 420 somewhere

Sherbet Head
posting just to say "i was here the day before something may have happened!"

Dayvan Cowboy
northernlite wrote:posting just to say "i was here the day before something may have happened!"

Not really expecting anything today, but now that they've lapped themselves, things should get interesting.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada