GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy

Posts Quantity
Opothecary wrote:Image

It must be 420 somewhere

ominous.
Palace Posy

Dayvan Cowboy
In honor of 6/6, it's time to take a deep dive on the odd, misunderstood post that kicked everything off last year. It never quite fit in with the rest of everything else that's gone on since, and I think that's by design - think of it as a bookend of sorts which will have a companion eventually. I'll work out a similar post next month for the other oddball, Broken Drum, which was a retweet by the band on July 7th of a fan post from July 2nd.

We can even find a 15/6 in the post if we timeshift to Prague/Norway (CET) in the same way we timeshifted to Alberta (Mountain Time) for Left Side Drive. As a refresher, Left Side Drive had a timestamp of 3:11am MT. The band quietly deleted a tweet from March 11th, 2012 just hours before posting Dayvan Cowboy on March 28th this year.

The idea behind timeshifting to specific timezones relates to the location of what is being pictured in the video in question - in Macquarie's case, it's the northern lights of Norway, in Left Side Drive's case, it's a still photo of the Trans Canada Highway going to Banff National Park.

Videos 78-84 can be looked at as a roadmap, using the sum of their current Tweets and likes. We are at 79 (Over the Horizon Radar) right now. Tears from the Compound Eye is video 83 on the video playlist - it's audio is also found in video 117 entitled Birds of Prague. 117 is the sum of 6x6 and 9x9. I could definitely see a bookend post happening on 9/9 (not necessarily Tears from the Compound Eye itself) and these are the hints toward that.

Dayvan Cowboy
go buy a t-shirt from the friendly stranger (6x7=42):

https://twitter.com/boctransmission

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:(6x7=42)

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Dayvan Cowboy
How about some bloody music lol

https://twitter.com/boctransmission/likes

Eagle Minded
We'll see if the15th comes of anything this week. I have my doubts.

Dayvan Cowboy
I'd like to see some more likes

Eagle Minded
Here's looking at you tweet #32!
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Dayvan Cowboy
Who knows what will happen today, if anything.

What's interesting is that with the various references to 15/6 and 21, the countdown on http://aphextwin.warp.net/ hits 21 days on the dot at 5pm ET today. I bring it up because Jynweythek Ylow from Drukqs (technically from the Marie Antoinette soundtrack) has been sitting in place of Geogaddi track 21 (You Could Feel the Sky) on Soundcloud for like 2 months now.

When was the Aphex Twin countdown first noticed? I think I saw it for the first time shortly before Field Day with like 35 days left on it. Earlier I mentioned how "Beware the Friendly Stranger" is video 43 and 85 on the playlist - maybe we subtract them to get 42. Could that be how long the countdown has been going?

The latter might be a stretch but I still think its crazy that there's an Aphex track sitting in place of Geogaddi track 21, and his countdown just happens to hit 21 days today, on a day that we already had our eyes on for some time.

Sherbet Head
Opothecary wrote:Who knows what will happen today, if anything.

What's interesting is that with the various references to 15/6 and 21, the countdown on http://aphextwin.warp.net/ hits 21 days on the dot at 5pm ET today. I bring it up because Jynweythek Ylow from Drukqs (technically from the Marie Antoinette soundtrack) has been sitting in place of Geogaddi track 21 (You Could Feel the Sky) on Soundcloud for like 2 months now.

When was the Aphex Twin countdown first noticed? I think I saw it for the first time shortly before Field Day with like 35 days left on it. Earlier I mentioned how "Beware the Friendly Stranger" is video 43 and 85 on the playlist - maybe we subtract them to get 42. Could that be how long the countdown has been going?

The latter might be a stretch but I still think its crazy that there's an Aphex track sitting in place of Geogaddi track 21, and his countdown just happens to hit 21 days today, on a day that we already had our eyes on for some time.

you are nuts man :lol:

edit: good kind of nut though, like a walnut

Dayvan Cowboy
I'll preface this post and take a guess that you'll say I'm crazy (what else is new?). Maybe you started listening to BoC circa TCH or TH and don't remember things like this:

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Misc

Soak it all in, my disclaimer as always is, I'm thinking of this from the point of view that their past interests would lead them to conceive of running this type of subtle ARG/guessing game centered around numbers and math. Kind of a "what would you do if you were BoC?" - it's the social media version of the old black box.

Surprising to probably no one, June 15th came to pass without incident. I started to get skeptical about it circa Field Day. RDJ's countdown started and BoC made a tweet and a like on June 7th - based on past behavior, that would probably be all we would expect to hear from them for awhile.

I don't think Warp would overlap proper release hype so I'm sure Richard's thing will be wrapped up first - and I've still been pretty confident that we wouldn't see anything tangible from BoC until October-Decemberish anyways - so information of substance in June for something probably coming late in the year never made too much sense to me.

This goes back to reinforcing the idea of their combined tweets and likes hitting 84 being when the magic happens. This is where we stand now (Video Playlist Number & Song/Topic/Date):

79 - Over the Horizon Radar - Dayvan Cowboy video - March 28th (3x28=84)
80 - Korona - Boards of Canada t-shirt tweet - June 7th (6x7=42)
81 - Twoism Sunset - Liked response to the t-shirt tweet - June 7th (6x7=42)

Richard's countdown specifically ends on July 6th (7x6=42). In retrospect, it definitely seems that "Beware the Friendly Stranger" was a nod to his thing, subtracting the 2 video entries of that song from one another (85-43=42) - and of course, track 21 of Geogaddi being replaced with an Aphex song happens to also be half of 42, for what it's worth.

We can look at the new pair of posts, 80 and 81 as "Twoism" - they happened on the same day and the posts were related to the same topic, the same way both videos are about the sun.

Looking to the future, 82 is once again "Twoism" - where are the twos this time? Probably not a pair of posts this time, but maybe a numeric pair. Could be July 7th (7/7) - could be July 22nd if we treat that 16-5-1-7 sequence discussed previously as two halves - add up the 2016 posts to 22, and leave 7 (the only 2017 video in the sequence so far) alone.

I felt previously that 83 could land on 9/9 and that just leaves 84.

See you all back here in July. :roll:

chronical wrote:you are nuts man :lol:

edit: good kind of nut though, like a walnut

Hey, I'm not the one who put an Aphex Twin track in the middle of Geogaddi at an official band account and left it that way. I could see a legitimate administrative mistake resulting in some kind of goofup like that followed by a correction within a reasonable amount of time, but its been like that for 2 months and they've made further edits to their account since then. It is what it is.

Posts Quantity
I haven't read into your latest post above, but maybe it's time to let this go and just wait for the official announcement from Warp about a new BOC album.

I do appreciate the effort you're putting into this, but also think a lot of your theories are based on wishful thinking instead of actual clues.

I'll check out from this thread for now after a year and a half of hoping there actually was something coming over the horizon radar.
Enjoy yourself lads.

Boqurant
All the mystery and magic and all this kind of nonsense that built up around the last record got to a point where it was just silly.

I think Opothecary just wants a THC Vol. 2, that's all :D
Sorry for my bad english.

Posts Quantity
it was silly, but it was fun.
Hey, Opothecary, bro, you sound like you know something...
put everything you have here on the table, bro ;)
Palace Posy

Posts Quantity
Opothecary wrote:
Hey, I'm not the one who put an Aphex Twin track in the middle of Geogaddi at an official band account and left it that way. I could see a legitimate administrative mistake resulting in some kind of goofup like that followed by a correction within a reasonable amount of time, but its been like that for 2 months and they've made further edits to their account since then. It is what it is.

I am wondering if the Aphex reference has something to do with how they mentioned that they don't worry about putting out records in a timely manner because they are same label as Aphex Twin. I was kind of hoping that the recent increase in activity with RDJ releases might push BoC to up their release schedule. If they are keeping to some mathematically specified calendar or whatever then all bets are off.

Dayvan Cowboy
- 2 new tweets about the picture disc ("Twoism")
- Despite being a Lex exclusive, Bleep seems to be messing with their BoC section...the TH poster and print have reappeared in the list of items, despite being flagged as unavailable.

Dayvan Cowboy
The Mr Mistake vinyl went up 4 months after the instrumental mix was posted to YouTube (2/17 -> 6/17)

Fresh run of the blue shirts on Bleep. Black next please!

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:Despite being a Lex exclusive, Bleep seems to be messing with their BoC section...the TH poster and print have reappeared in the list of items, despite being flagged as unavailable.

That's kinda peculiar

Sherbet Head
I enjoyed the breadcrumb trail/ARG build up for TH. If any/all this stuff that Opothecary posits is really part of the build up to new material, I already feel like it's a total failure. I mean, this is some tedious, boring stuff! I'm extremely skeptical that it is, though.

I'm of the mind that the bros are taking an approach similar to Radiohead these days. Thom Yorke has said on record he's getting too old to bother with this kind of stuff anymore and just wants to concentrate on the music.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada