Something strange just happened on the BoC Facebook page.

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Wow.

I want to take this time to recognize how integral Boards of Canada's music has been to my development as a perceptive person, and this is why.
BoC was the first electronic music I made a conscious effort to listen to (Specifically Everything You Do is a Balloon and Music is Math ... listened to those on repeat for awhile) and they've been huge in me expanding the boundaries of to what I listen.
Also, their music has been important to me not just because of how fucking pleasing to the ear it is, but because of how mysterious and beautiful it can be.
As a fiction writer, I love to write about the mysterious motivations behind peoples' actions. Also, I get so tied up in puzzles. This Record Store Day thing is an idea that I wish I would have had ... 6 records (only 6 on the entire planet!) released in locations around the earth that people have to find ... just to hear a string of 6 numbers so that they can put them together with a bunch of other numbers to find out ... something.
It's the ultimate puzzle and I can't wait to watch this unfold. I'm practically peeing myself.
The fact that they are releasing information so cryptically like this ... it's everything I could ever want from them. I honestly can't imagine a better feeling right now in relation to Boards of Canada.

I feel like I've done a shitty job describing what I'm trying to say. But Jesus, well done BoC. This is as far from a let down as I can imagine at this point.
Last edited by b0qurant on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
drixlin wrote:at this point i'm sold - hook, line and sinker. i won't feel embarrassed if it ends up being fake - it has been so much fun trying to keep up on all the news!

Boqurant
b0qurant wrote:Wow.

I want to take this time to recognize how integral Boards of Canada's music has been to my development as a perceptive person, and this is why.
BoC was the first electronic music I made a conscious effort to listen to (Specifically Everything You Do is a Balloon and Music is Math ... listened to those on repeat for awhile) and they've been huge in me expanding the boundaries of to what I listen.
Also, their music has been important to me not just because of how fucking pleasing to the ear it is, but because of how mysterious and beautiful it can be.
As a fiction writer, I love to write about the mysterious motivations behind peoples' actions. Also, I get so tied up in puzzles. This Record Store Day thing is an idea that I wish I would have had ... 6 records (only 6 on the entire planet!) released in locations around the earth that people have to find ... just to hear a string of 6 numbers so that they can put them together with a bunch of other numbers to find out ... something.
It's the ultimate puzzle and I can't wait to watch this unfold. I'm practically peeing myself.
The fact that they are releasing information so cryptically like this ... it's everything I could ever want from them. I honestly can't imagine a better feeling right now in relation to Boards of Canada.

I feel like I've done a shitty job describing what I'm trying to say. But Jesus, well done BoC. This is as far from a let down as I can imagine at this point.

well said and agreed

ahhh... this is turning out to be one hell of a birthday! (birthday was on the 19th)
Last edited by armotron on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
2020k wrote:http://2020k.wordpress.com/2013/04/20/boards-of-canada-distribute-new-vinyl-releases-out-for-national-records-day/

You realize that Pitchfork linked your blog, right?

Eagle Minded
Not to unnecessarily add to the rapid-fire speculation and hype, but:

What if Reddit user "lilcakey" is somehow associated with Warp, and Warp will control the release of these records on a schedule that is already predetermined?

Sherbet Head
b0qurant wrote:Not to unnecessarily add to the rapid-fire speculation and hype, but:

What if Reddit user "lilcakey" is somehow associated with Warp, and Warp will control the release of these records on a schedule that is already predetermined?

meddling with these thoughts is a waste of time, you'd never find out anyway
deal with the facts and save your energy
*farts*

idk

Eagle Minded
seanandcandy wrote:
b0qurant wrote:Not to unnecessarily add to the rapid-fire speculation and hype, but:

meddling with these thoughts is a waste of time, you'd never find out anyway
deal with the facts and save your energy

Good point. I'm back on track ... phew. I almost broke a sweat there.

Yeah, it doesn't matter if it's punctuated in a certain way or not; if it's a June release, we'll be seeing them emerge between now and then.

Sherbet Head
Yeah, it doesn't matter if it's punctuated in a certain way or not; if it's a June release, we'll be seeing them emerge between now and then.

i think the most important thing to focus on is that we will get a new album at some stage... all this hype now and the mystery and what not, it's fun and games, and i enjoy it

but it doesn't change how the album gets released.
*farts*

idk

Dayvan Cowboy
I have a feeling it will be released on 5/28 or 6/4

Friendly Stranger
I noticed a discrepancy here, hmm:

Sherbet Head
Cohesion wrote:I noticed a discrepancy here, hmm:

Idk where that 'it was sitting in a shipment they received' came from. He never told me that, and it wasn't in the recording of Mobieus calling them.
Last edited by krs on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
pianoforte wrote:
2020k wrote:http://2020k.wordpress.com/2013/04/20/boards-of-canada-distribute-new-vinyl-releases-out-for-national-records-day/

You realize that Pitchfork linked your blog, right?

Thousands of hits incoming.

Friendly Stranger
hopefully just a mixup from reddit guy...

Posts Quantity
Cohesion wrote:I noticed a discrepancy here, hmm

fwiw, homeboy hasn't said anything since that post yesterday, at least not on reddit. regardless, pitchfork's warp validation seems to be the strongest affirmation so far.

Sherbet Head
i'm expecting more movement today, it been Mon 22nd. 6 June 2013 would be a good date

Eagle Minded
thepastinsidepressant wrote:i'm expecting more movement today, it been Mon 22nd. 6 June 2013 would be a good date

What's significant about Monday the 22nd?

Sherbet Head
b0qurant wrote:
thepastinsidepressant wrote:i'm expecting more movement today, it been Mon 22nd. 6 June 2013 would be a good date

its just a nice day :lol:

Eagle Minded
thepastinsidepressant wrote:
b0qurant wrote:

its just a nice day :lol:

I'm convinced 8)

Posts Quantity
b0qurant wrote:

someone had also noticed that any activity on the boctransmission twitter occurred on the 11th or 22nd of the month.

Eagle Minded
It's too bad considering BoC as so intune with the vinyl culture but yet it's so hard to come by BoC on vinyl these days, unless u have over $100 to spare for second hand on ebay. But anyway Happy Record Day and maybe some lucky bastard can now finally find a BoC record at a record store ;) ...Albeit there are only 5 remaining supposedly.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada