Cosecha

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Harvest. Am I right in assuming the pronunciation is Co-see-sha?

I'm pretty sure this is going to be the title. Good work to all the clue solvers on here.

Next we'll find out the release date.

Then we'll see the cover art.

Then we'll hear the music.

Yay!

Doesn't it just give you a warm glow inside to know that somebody, somewhere, has the new record playing, has chosen the artwork, and KNOWS just how good it is.

Bring it on - good times! :D

Slow down...

Boqurant
GH wrote:I'm pretty sure this is going to be the title.

It could be that Cosecha is just the name of this seeds/harvest/trail/clues project.

Eagle Minded
Still a bit doubtful if this will be the album title, but I like how the word has that connection between nature and mathematics that boc are interested in, i.e. with the harvest, seeds etc and with 'cosec'.

Sherbet Head
I think it boils down to whether the wavs with tags were intentionaly downloadable or not.

If it was accidental, I reckon Cosecha is the title. If it was intentional, then it could be a red herring. I reckon it's the former. A directory called cosecha teaser? That's conclusive enough for me.

GH wrote:I think it boils down to whether the wavs with tags were intentionaly downloadable or not.

If it was accidental, I reckon Cosecha is the title. If it was intentional, then it could be a red herring. I reckon it's the former. A directory called cosecha teaser? That's conclusive enough for me.

I honestly don't believe that they're that careless.

In my view, this will have been poured over very carefully prior to 'release' and we only know about Cosecha because it was intended we should know. I'd be gobsmacked if they accidentally let the album name slip. If this is the album title, I think they wanted it known. :wink:

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:
GH wrote:I think it boils down to whether the wavs with tags were intentionaly downloadable or not.

I honestly don't believe that they're that careless.

In my view, this will have been poured over very carefully prior to 'release' and we only know about Cosecha because it was intended we should know. I'd be gobsmacked if they accidentally let the album name slip. If this is the album title, I think they wanted it known. :wink:

Even if they did mess up, it's easy enough for them to brush it off as "okay, so you know the title, but not the release date, artwork, tracklist, etc". So the game is still afoot, even if we only have one juicy detail so far.

Opothecary wrote:Even if they did mess up, it's easy enough for them to brush it off ....

Spot on. And misinformation is just as helpful to them, in a way, as it all adds to the drama. You've got to hand it to them, they've nailed this thing.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:
Opothecary wrote:Even if they did mess up, it's easy enough for them to brush it off ....

Spot on. And misinformation is just as helpful to them, in a way, as it all adds to the drama. You've got to hand it to them, they've nailed this thing.

They have nailed it indeed. At the moment my life basically evolves around this thing. Can't get my mind of it, it's like an addiction.

I'm curious, when this thing is solved, how many hits twoism has had while all of this was happening.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Sherbet Head
I think WATMM broke their users online record over the last few days, so I can just imagine the traffic here!

Sherbet Head
BocPages suggests that Cosecha may refer to this number station broadcast project, and not the actual name of the album. It makes sense, as I am not sure if they would let us know the actual name just yet, and I don't think it was a mistake.

Dayvan Cowboy
DaveJ wrote:BocPages suggests that Cosecha may refer to this number station broadcast project, and not the actual name of the album. It makes sense, as I am not sure if they would let us know the actual name just yet, and I don't think it was a mistake.

I am going with that, I wouldn't be surprised that this would be a double-double cross ;)

Eagle Minded
There's always the other possibility that Cosecha is not necessarily the name of the album but it might be a track from the album that the little jingle before the numbers is sampled from.

So much speculation and all of it leading to something great :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Yeah, I don't subscribe to the thought that they would so unceremoniously let the album title slip, without giving us clarification. I mean, they went to such lengths in the past week to get this info to us, to simply spill out the album title in such a way seems like an antithesis. But that's just my opinion. Looking forward to more news soon :)
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Dayvan Cowboy
GH wrote:Harvest. Am I right in assuming the pronunciation is Co-see-sha?

more like
COH-SEH-CHAH
if my spanish is any good

Eagle Minded
zeitgeist wrote:

more like
COH-SEH-CHAH
if my spanish is any good

Argentinean here, that's the correct pronunciation :)

Posts Quantity
When ever i here album titles I'm always like 'hmmm', but then they grow on me, so I'm not passing any judgements if this is the real album title.

Sherbet Head
I'm not sure why, but I really feel like they accidentally let that information leak with the download. Perhaps not though, either way, this has been one of the most exciting weeks I've had in years haha.

Sherbet Head
It's the fact that those tags have (seemingly) made us privy to info we've never been privy to before, like the fact that the wavs originated in Reaper.
The fact that it seems the directory path was Boc graphics/Record Sleeves/Cosecha Teaser is another thing.

The files weren't graphics, so if this was a rouse, then it's very very well thought out, as this demonstrates very non-OCD like file management. :lol:

That said, most of you guys have talked me down on this a little bit and now I'm not so sure.

I just don't know dammit *bangs head, kicks chicken*

Dayvan Cowboy

I'm pretty sure this is going to be the title. Good work to all the clue solvers on here.

Next we'll find out the release date.

Then we'll see the cover art.

Then we'll hear the music.

Yay!

if not mentioned already...Cosecha also means VINTAGE
perhaps there WILL be studio quality versions of old tracks.
box set ;). Remember those days?

Next

Return to Boards of Canada