Tomorrow's Harvest

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Seven years tomorrow.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Happy Anniversary!

We are truly reaping what we have sown.

Eagle Minded
My first Born birthday is on June 10th today aged 18 and second 17 Oct 2005, how’s that for planning!

Dayvan Cowboy
Best music album release of all time for me.

New Seed
Tomorrow's Harvest is one of my favourite albums of all time. I did my best to pay tribute to it with these two trailers.

Safe Trailer
Uses Gemini and Semena Mertvykh
phpBB [media]

Society of the Spectacle Trailer
Uses Come to Dust
phpBB [media]

Boqurant
This is tomorrow's harvest :

Matthew 13:24-29 - The Parable of the Weeds :
24 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared. 27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’ 28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied. “The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’ 29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

Matthew 13:36-43 - The Parable of the Weeds Explained :
36 Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.” 37 He answered, “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. 40 “As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 40 “As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42 They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear.

Posts Quantity
[quote="Mexicola"]Seven years tomorrow.[/quote]

If it's been 7 years this month...

And they're release schedule is based on 1975/75 and there are 12 months in a year.
wouldn't the 12th month be half for 70?

6=5

7 years and june - june being the 6th month, and 5 as a half now being 12. Seventyfive!

Try and calculate the intervals in time they used based on their previous releases and see if there is a pattern.

Or is it when they're ready, they're ready.

Xmas is 5 years from now.

5 and 5 = 12

Semena Mertvykh is the 17th track on Tomorrow's Harvest. 5 minus 17 = 12.

From june until december could be a countdown.

Boqurant
Xaugh wrote:If it's been 7 years this month...

And they're release schedule is based on 1975/75 and there are 12 months in a year.

6=5

7 years and june - june being the 6th month, and 5 as a half now being 12. Seventyfive!

Try and calculate the intervals in time they used based on their previous releases and see if there is a pattern.

5 and 5 = 12

From june until december could be a countdown.

Very on brand.

Friendly Stranger
♄ope keeper wrote:Sure thing, thank you all... :]

The composers are Frank Klepacki and Jarrid Mendelson

Frank Klepacki also did the soundtrack for the “Blade Runner” PC game: both the soundtrack and game are worth seeking out.

Posts Quantity
[quote="NorthernPlastics"][quote="Xaugh"]If it's been 7 years this month...

6=5

5 and 5 = 12

From june until december could be a countdown.[/quote]

Very on brand.[/quote]

I'LL BRAND YOUR ASS AND BITE THAT MEAT

Eagle Minded
Anyone think that BoC were manipulated into making Tomorrow's Harvest by some sinister forces?

Happy Cycler
Sl Flk wrote:Anyone think that BoC were manipulated into making Tomorrow's Harvest by some sinister forces?

Yes! One of those sinister forces was obviously Xaugh! :wink:

Posts Quantity
[quote="mechanismj"][quote="Sl Flk"]Anyone think that BoC were manipulated into making Tomorrow's Harvest by some sinister forces?[/quote]

Yes! One of those sinister forces was obviously Xaugh! :wink:[/quote]

JIM,

Read, i am your father!

Posts Quantity
Thank you Skyraider for the tip...

BOC just liked:

Me too...

Dayvan Cowboy
This thing. Gah I remember when TH came out I was so disappointed in it. Every other album hit me immediately, but this one didn't do it for me. I was even maybe a little upset about the sound because of just how negative and terrifying it was.

Turns out it just needed like 7 more years of humans doing dumb shit and coronavirus to happen to satisfy me 100%. I remember many felt the same, but come back to this one now if you've left it on the shelf too, it's...different now somehow?

Sherbet Head
I really find it interesting that so many people look at Harvest in a modern light. I have always seen it through my own eyes that of a young child growing up in the eighties under the threat of global thermonuclear war. Cyclosa says black helicopters over a barren desert. Posy sounds like bombastic explosions and fervent celebration of the end of the world. Cold Earth is, well, cold earth. It just seems more apocalyptic than what is going on right now. To me, a modern day version of Harvest would be something more organic and internal and more bestial and angry. I don't know. Hard to explain.

New Seed
I fell in love with the album....:) today

Boqurant
It's funny how that works out, what with the context of an album and all. Tomorrow's Harvest became my favorite album of theirs at the start of this mess, and that's when it clicked. Now, I can't stop listening to The Campfire Headphase to escape it all. Such strange times.

Dayvan Cowboy
zeoevil wrote:I really find it interesting that so many people look at Harvest in a modern light. I have always seen it through my own eyes that of a young child growing up in the eighties under the threat of global thermonuclear war. Cyclosa says black helicopters over a barren desert. Posy sounds like bombastic explosions and fervent celebration of the end of the world. Cold Earth is, well, cold earth. It just seems more apocalyptic than what is going on right now. To me, a modern day version of Harvest would be something more organic and internal and more bestial and angry. I don't know. Hard to explain.

Very interesting thought. I always forget, that you may look at this album though the tainted nostalgic glass. Onew who lived as a child in the 80's.

Maybe there's a parallel between todays world and the past?

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:Maybe there's a parallel between today's world and the past?

I suppose that is an eye of the beholder type of thing. I global pandemic isn't the same as global thermonuclear war. For one thing, a pandemic can be combated by citizens while a nuclear war leaves the citizens of the world powerless to intervene. Life will continue after a pandemic, but nuclear war is the eradication of life everywhere. As far as parallels to our current racial issues, I don't see it at all. That is what I meant by something more organic and visceral. At times, Harvest is almost docile and resigned to its fate. A soundtrack to our current predicament would start slow and build to a devastating conclusion. It would end on a cliffhanger with nothing decided and the listener angry and confused.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada