Tomorrow's Harvest

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Friendly Stranger
Does anyone remember Warp saying when TH was released? Boards of Canada went into a professional studio to record TH?

I think because, it's their most professionally produced album, the brothers got alot of new equipment, and that's why it sounds the way it does.

Does anyone also remember in an interview where they said and why it was taking such a long time to release a new album, was because they were learning new equipment?

Mhmm!

Liars!

I think he reason why they chose a song title like "Come To Dust" is because both of them are laying on their money hungry lazy asses.

Will they ever release another album like their previous works?

They did line them up according to quality for sure if anyone can realize. Not counting "Twoism" or "Hi Scores" and every other release.

1 Music Has The Right To Children
2 Campfire Headphase
3 Geogaddi
4 Tomorrows meh

Even several songs from the "Old Tunes" collection stands up to a song such as "Telepath Tampons"

And this forum... For real????????????????

Why not HiScores.net? A place of all Boards of Canada tribute music and fans. haha ...and to keep the score!

Boards of Canada killed the metal Jack White! haha With the release of......... The analog synth! Secret weapon revealed!

Eagle Minded
What a piss ant lol.

Posts Quantity
A new Xaugh account? :lol:
This is my 100th post. There are many like it but this one is special.

Friendly Stranger
[quote="Kreide"]A new Xaugh account? :lol:
This is my 100th post. There are many like it but this one is special.[/quote]

Special i, if you dream 'cos Nagging poo just crawled up my wig. Now i'm covered wif poo!

Wtb... Who has the new Bloods of Crypt violence?

Dayvan Cowboy
It's too coherent to be Xaugh.

I love you, Xaugh.

Friendly Stranger
[quote="dp"]It's too coherent to be Xaugh.

I love you, Xaugh.[/quote]

DP dirty his PeePee today or maybe he bought a copy of Digital Performer? and bit an Apple. Is xaugh, Apple or PC like BoC brages about. How about, mike and marcus would "love you" to listen to An Eagle In Your Mind and get your heed oot of yure arse!

Xaughy doesn't seem to be "The Way You Show" now Mrs. Dirty Paper. Now go buy some TP your XMAS tree's. PD'y please?

Dayvan Cowboy
The future is fake (?) Are you feeling strong connection to the future, or past? I would say the future is still unknow, you cannot project yourself there. But the past is undeniable. Even people who lived and died many years ago still left their mark. Their pasrt is in your undesrtanding of things.

Eagle Minded
This trolling thing has gone stale pretty quickly, I don't have any humor for it honestly.
---
Fuck transphobes

Dayvan Cowboy

Friendly Stranger
[quote="Radiobuzz"]This trolling thing has gone stale pretty quickly, I don't have any humor for it honestly.[/quote]

The only thing that seems stale is the bread in your avatar.

Eagle Minded
We should have an ignore button.
---
Fuck transphobes

Friendly Stranger
[quote="Radiobuzz"]We should have an ignore button.[/quote]

Ignore? We have something in common? The music we listen to!

Back to ignore. I know that's not Gigios pizza because you're in Argentina, not Chicago and though i'm not in chicago and i like Gigios pizza i'd like to try your pizza. I like pizza! Maybe, argentina is closer to me than you think. How is your pizza? Still stale? Cos if you remember correctly or need to read back as far as we have one thing in common.

Friendly Stranger
That's not Gigio's pizza.

Eagle Minded
---
Fuck transphobes

Eagle Minded
I have a theory about what this album is. Wouldn't be surprised if anyone thought about this already but anyway.

TH is a fruit, or a child of BoC past albums. More specifically, a blend of MHRTC and Geogaddi. One seed was planted in 1997 with MHRTC other one in 2002 with Geogaddi. Musically it definitely sounds like this to me. On Cosecha website was a date in the year of 1996 when a "harvest" was already in plan, before both albums. Album cover features two transparent photos of a ghost city and an arid desert landscape, linking to two opposites that the first two albums are. BoC mentioned multiple times that they sample themselves and look in their back catalogue for advancing these old ideas.

I am pretty sure I could go in further analysis and similarities to both previous releases, considering TH's palindromic structure, tracklist and everything what has been said about it. However I don't want to go absolutely nuts over it and find connections to this theory when there aren't any so I'll just leave it at this. Thoughts?
'

Eagle Minded
I have definitely thought about that from the beginning. I thought it was exactly a blend of those two, but I also hear the same or similar tape nasty style of Twoism... like the tone of the synth and percussion... i really feel like this was an album in the making probably from the beginning, even if they didn’t plan it back that far... it would be interesting to know exactly how much older material made its way through whether it be individual samples or even full tracks...

Dayvan Cowboy
Agreed. But more I think, Tomorrow's Harvest is the fruit of tomorrow. Musically and identically. I think we as human beings gather the ideas surrounding us, which eventually have fruits. It is future album which was made in the past.

Posts Quantity
arvy wrote:Agreed. But more I think, Tomorrow's Harvest is the fruit of tomorrow. Musically and identically. I think we as human beings gather the ideas surrounding us, which eventually have fruits. It is future album which was made in the past.

Yes, it is an album that talks about the future, which is catastrophic (we have never suffered as much as we do today --drugs, weapons, etc.--).
This album might not have been as popular as MHTRTC, but in a few decades it will speak to us way more than it did in 2013.

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada