Tomorrow's Harvest

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
https://youtu.be/2-_r-pxDT70
once again another interesting topic directing Collapse theme, closely related to TH.

But, I just had a realization in my mind. Considering there;s track tittles like Jacquard Causeway, which sound incredibly thinking forward. Everyone talks how the collapse of the modern civilization will take us back few hundrerd years before, or even futher. What about the progress humanity made in the AI reach. What if the AI could fully support itself without any of todays available human industrial civilization recources?

In the track Jacquard Causeway, this is how exactly it presents it self. Slowly starting from the dawn of human civilization and taking it to something indescribable.

Boqurant
The overall themes of the album are undeniably sci-fi, dystopian, or even apocalyptic, divulging into very bleak tone from the beginning of Gemini all the way to Semena Mertvykh; though there are occasional reprieves during tracks like Palace Posy with it's almost whimsical nature.

Nothing is Real is the standout track for me though, because it seems to be in stark contrast to the entire rest of the album thematically, though it is definitely sad in tone, it's almost like the track is in denial of what's to come, even somewhat calling back to that of MHTRTC or TCH. The name of the track seems to be an outright denial of reality. Juxtaposed between the horror-esque Uritual and the spacey, atmospheric Sundown, Nothing is Real definitely makes for a calm before the true resignation to one's fate, a nostalgic, albeit depressing look at where we've come from (MHTRTC/TCH) into the setting sun of civilization (TH).

New Seeds is the last ditch effort, maybe the final, hopeful push into the infinite, saving what is left of the species, and it's stylistically a compromise between older albums while still finding its way into TH stylings. Come to Dust, which might be seen as the transition into the void, as Nothing is Real is denial, Come to Dust is the nihilistic acceptance that no matter what, we are doomed as a species. Finally, Semena Mertvykh is the cold dead reality in which we could not escape. Literally Meaning Seeds of the Dead, it appears as though the New Seeds failed and the only yield is death.
------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------

Dayvan Cowboy
happy_cycling wrote:The overall themes of the album are undeniably sci-fi, dystopian, or even apocalyptic, divulging into very bleak tone from the beginning of Gemini all the way to Semena Mertvykh; though there are occasional reprieves during tracks like Palace Posy with it's almost whimsical nature.

Nothing is Real is the standout track for me though, because it seems to be in stark contrast to the entire rest of the album thematically, though it is definitely sad in tone, it's almost like the track is in denial of what's to come, even somewhat calling back to that of MHTRTC or TCH. The name of the track seems to be an outright denial of reality. Juxtaposed between the horror-esque Uritual and the spacey, atmospheric Sundown, Nothing is Real definitely makes for a calm before the true resignation to one's fate, a nostalgic, albeit depressing look at where we've come from (MHTRTC/TCH) into the setting sun of civilization (TH).

New Seeds is the last ditch effort, maybe the final, hopeful push into the infinite, saving what is left of the species, and it's stylistically a compromise between older albums while still finding its way into TH stylings. Come to Dust, which might be seen as the transition into the void, as Nothing is Real is denial, Come to Dust is the nihilistic acceptance that no matter what, we are doomed as a species. Finally, Semena Mertvykh is the cold dead reality in which we could not escape. Literally Meaning Seeds of the Dead, it appears as though the New Seeds failed and the only yield is death.

Interesting observation. One of my favorite little moments considering the sundown of the society, touched on this album. Is how the track tittles are presented:

Split Your Infities
Uritual
Nothing is Real

Sundown

and as any of these tracs is a puzzle in itself. I like one particular description of Nothing is Real, made heere. Someone said, that: "it sounds like someone have a rare moment of piece, during the sleepe, somewhere in the post-apocalyptic shelter. And has this colourfull blissfull dream of the life which is long time gone...

Sherbet Head
I forget who started the thread and accompanying website that crowdsourced all the images in the TH album art, but that was fun. I'd kind of like to revisit that because it seemed like once all the images were sourced and labeled, interest in actually trying to figure out how the images played into the narrative didn't really go as deep as I expected.

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
“The circle of destiny rolls towards the end; the birth of the city stretches after itself and death. Beginning and ending, the peasant house and the block of houses interact as soul and inetelegion as blood and stone. It is no coincidence, however, that the word "time" means the fact of irreversibility. There is only “forward” here, no “backward”. The peasantry once gave birth to a market, a provincial town, and fed them with its purest blood. Now the giant city is insatiable sucking the juices of the countryside, demanding ever new flows of people and swallowing them, until the villagers run out and die in a barely deserted wasteland. He who is once fascinated by the sinful beauty of this last miracle of history is no longer liberated from it. Primitive peoples were able to break away from the earth and travel wherever the eyes lead. Spirit nomads can no longer do that. The longing for the big city, for good, is stronger than any other desire. <…> Even disgust with that beauty, exhaustion from that glow of a thousand colors, that taedium vitae that eventually catches something does not release them. They carry the city to their mountains and to the sea. They have lost the village and no longer find it elsewhere.
What makes a man in a world city disabled to live in any dibrotic medium other than this is the withdrawal of the cosmic clock from its existence, and the tensions of wakefulness are becoming increasingly dangerous. It should not be forgotten that in the microcosms the animal element, waking, contributes to the plant being, but not the other way around. Tact and tension, blood and spirit, destiny and causation interact as a flowering village with a petrified city, as what is to itself, to another who depends on it. Tension without the cosmic clock that spiritualizes it is a transition to nothingness. And civilization is nothing but tension. The faces of all civilized people who have reached a certain social status are seen only as an expression of the greatest tension. <…> These faces in every culture are its “type of last people”.
Intelligence is the transformation of an unconscious life experience into an education to think, it is something bodily, dry. The intelligent faces of all races are similar. It is the race itself that retreats in them. The less the necessity of life and the self-evident are felt, the more the habit of “finding out” everything becomes established, the more often the fear of waking is prayed for by causal motivation. This is the basis for the identification of knowledge and proof and the change of religious myth by causal-scientific theory. <…>
Only one specific form of recreation known to the world city is known for intellectual tension: relaxation, "distraction". The real game, the joy of life, the fun, the ecstasy come from cosmic tact and are now really no longer understood. But changing intense practical intellectual activity with its opposition, deliberate stupidity, changing spiritual tension with physical tension of sports, these - sensory "pleasures" and spiritual "excitement" of play and competition, changing the pure logic of daily work with conscious drinking mysticism - all repeated in the worlds of all civilizations . Cinema, expressionism, theosophy, boxing fights, Negro dancing, poker and running races can all be found in Rome, and any connoisseur should include Indian, Chinese and Arab world cities in their research. <… >
And now, from the fact that being is losing its roots more and more, and the vigil is becoming more and more tense, there is a phenomenon that has long since matured and now suddenly emerges in the light of history to put an end to human infertility. It is not something that can be understood on the basis of everyday causality, say, physiologically, what modern science has obviously tried to do. There is an absolutely metaphysical turn to death here. The last man in the world's cities no longer wants to live - not as an individual, but as a type, like a crowd: in this whole being, the fear of death fades. What overwhelms the real peasant as a great and inexplicable fear, the idea that the relative will die and the surname will disappear, now loses its meaning. <…> their body would grow in flesh and blood. Here he has taken root as the grandson of his ancestors and as the ancestor of future grandchildren. My house, my property: this here does not mean the accidental coexistence of body and farm for several years, but the long-term inner union of eternal land and eternal blood; only through this, only from the transition to sedentary life in the mystical sense of the great epoch of history, fertilization, birth, and death acquire a metaphysical charm that is symbolically reflected in the customs and religion of all peoples who have grown up with the earth. ”

Dayvan Cowboy
I think, that, at some point the Tomorrow's Hatvest potential going to expand beyond what brotherts were thinking of. In that terms, lets see what is next. The mythos of harvest, the future of tomorrow, like the red dawn before the battle. What is next, are we going to expand the knowledge even futher. I mean, they did that with TH. Is this going to be the last stop, or just the the chapter before the next...

Sherbet Head
The next step is that the next album is a soundtrack to a non-animated remake of WALL-E
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy
People are so go green this days, it seems. Save the planet, do your part. It is so weird, mainly because a human is a probelm! Yeah, I know, he's is also a solution. But still, human population growth driven by the economy and economy driven by human population. One hand you consume, other saving the earth. Isn't it would be easy just take out this unit from the equation. One moment you recycling the plastic bottle, next you are the bottle.

And one thing for sure, human genuine ingenuity to take the best from the situation. Have lemons, make the lemonade. "We make sustainable energy word and we provide sustainable architecture solutions". Doesn't mind, that you are not a part of it, if you are not sustainable. I'm sure someone in the future, instead calling his family funeral house business "The broken string", would call "Green vegan recycle".

Dayvan Cowboy
The whole idea that it's up to us to save the world by "going green" is largely a corporate sham. Huge corporations and governments are responsible for the vast majority of carbon emissions. In fact, the original Carbon Footprint ad campaign was funded by BP Oil as a way to draw attention away from their rampant pollution and shift blame towards individual consumers. (https://mashable.com/feature/carbon-foo ... paign-sham)

Radical change is needed - not just individual lifestyle changes, or mild reforms and regulations, but the total eradication of a global system that destroys our environment and pillages resources for profit. As time goes on though I agree more and more with Mike & Marcus - this necessary change won't come about through the action of people, but rather will be forced by external factors, such as climate disaster, peak oil, and economic collapse.

Basically we're headed for collapse rather than revolution. It's inevitable. But maybe we can build something better in the aftermath.

Dayvan Cowboy
Right, friend of my friend working as a CEO at one of the largest energy companies in the region. Their moto basically is: keep raising the prices for electricity and gas, while keep talking about future smart energy solutions to save the blue whales. Because, you know, people would never realise why they keep paying taxes.

Corporate SIGMA male grindset, not another whistleblower BETA Mr. Snowden.

Friendly Stranger
After a few years of listening this is my favorite BOC album ahead of geogaddi, and I have no regrets about buying the pressing test.
One of the rare pieces that I would never sell.

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
Mafache wrote:After a few years of listening this is my favorite BOC album ahead of geogaddi, and I have no regrets about buying the pressing test.
One of the rare pieces that I would never sell.

I'm starting to agree. I don't think it's surpassed Geogaddi for me, but it's become equal, and the other day I answered a "favorite BOC album" poll with TH. It's a masterpiece.

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:Image

I'm the unholy guy in this grid who holds Geogaddi and The Campfire Headphase as their greatest achievements
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy

I'm not far north of the SF area but my area is still constantly in smoke. The sky's always beige with a light fog in the streets, the smell is sometimes headache inducing, and I work a night shift so I always notice when the moon looks like a big tangerine in the sky, a couple times just straight up red.

Maybe it's time to listen to TH again :|
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:

I'm not far north of the SF area but my area is still constantly in smoke. The sky's always beige with a light fog in the streets, the smell is sometimes headache inducing, and I work a night shift so I always notice when the moon looks like a big tangerine in the sky, a couple times just straight up red.

Maybe it's time to listen to TH again :|

DECAY

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada