May 22nd 24:00 @ 1-23-10 Jinnan Shibuya-ku Tokyo

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Jinjur wrote:Always fucking Japan for fuck sake.

Seriously.

Why?

+1 but sure hey let them on

its probably another vid promo or listening party, very much doubt its a live gig, in fact its absolutely out of the question, thank fuck!

New Seed
From what I remember when I went to the crossroads there at night time, they play music (I remember them playing The Man With The Red Face when I was there) so I would say it's pretty likely they are going to preview a new video with a song.
Last edited by newclearmember on Tue May 21, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Friendly Stranger
The building in question is 109 Men's, a men's department store in Shibuya , one of the busiest parts of Tokyo and usually the place used in "We're in Tokyo" establishing shots on film and TV. Tokyo's equivalent of Times Square or Piccadilly Circus basically.

Here's a photo. Note the massive screen.

I'd be extremely surprised if it was a gig. Shibuya crossing isn't exactly the quietest place in the world. They'd need a truly powerful sound system to play properly. The screen does have sound, if I recollect correctly, but it's not exactly high quality audio. It's used to blast out advertising messages, not play intricate and detailed music to the world for the first time.

I'd imagine there will be something interesting on the screen. All the other buildings around there also have massive screens, so possibly multiple screens will be used. Very exciting. Wish I was in Tokyo to see it.

Sherbet Head
A listening party or some kind of video unveiling would be my guess. A gig? Nah surely not.

Sherbet Head
sweet. too bad it's not tonight, then we'd have the new xbox + a new boc clue/whatever.

Boqurant
Dig the roof-top football court across the street:)

Posts Quantity
Unrelated, but I love the track 'Shibuya' from the Lost in Translation soundtrack, one of my favourite movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4C-VBH9f8U

Eagle Minded
Boards of canada and japan, sitting on a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Toss the sun down the backwards spiral

newclearmember wrote:From what I remember when I went to the crossroads there at night time, they play music (I remember them playing The Man With The Red Face when I was there) so I would say it's pretty likely they are going to preview a new video with a song.

Yup - would make the most sense. Wondering if this is the single that Vic Galloway clearly thought he was going to get to preview??

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
How can you mistake a radio stream in the UK with a giant screen presentation in Japan?

Sherbet Head
Interesting that if this is indeed a single being unveiled, that it's happening in such a public place. Maybe that hints at the listenability of the album. If a song off Geogaddi was blaring out of a sound system at a busy cross roads in a major city at midnight people walking past would probably start fearing for their lives.

Boqurant
Mexicola wrote:
newclearmember wrote:From what I remember when I went to the crossroads there at night time, they play music (I remember them playing The Man With The Red Face when I was there) so I would say it's pretty likely they are going to preview a new video with a song.

Yup - would make the most sense. Wondering if this is the single that Vic Galloway clearly thought he was going to get to preview??

I'd say definitely.

Sherbet Head
Lads, the twoism banner of Joe Kittinger has changed back to the one during the RSD clues. The normal version and the altered one are here now again, just refresh a few times.

Dunno why, but seems odd after what was just announced.

Moloch wrote:How can you mistake a radio stream in the UK with a giant screen presentation in Japan?

I'm not.

Slow down...

Boqurant
DaveJ wrote:Lads, the twoism banner of Joe Kittinger has changed back to the one during the RSD clues. The normal version and the altered one are here now again, just refresh a few times.

It is.

Interesting.

The meaning of "fyt" in that banner was never really settled.

Sherbet Head
plazz wrote:
DaveJ wrote:Lads, the twoism banner of Joe Kittinger has changed back to the one during the RSD clues. The normal version and the altered one are here now again, just refresh a few times.

It is.

Interesting.

The meaning of "fyt" in that banner was never really settled.

That banner has been back on the site for at least a few days, noticed it before. Also, Aesthetics himself said that fyt meant nothing, and that anything else seen in the banner code was purely coincidence.

Site Admin
The other week I put the RSD banner back just to for fun. It has nothing to do with this topic.

Sherbet Head
Aesthetics wrote:The other week I put the RSD banner back just to for fun. It has nothing to do with this topic.

yeah sorry, my bad. Just noticed it and thought it was related to this.

Eagle Minded
i can make it to Japan by then. seeya later guys.
MUSIC 70 IN THE HOUSE

Boqurant
someone from last.fm thinks its a live performance. seems more like wishful thinking from an overeager boccer

http://www.last.fm/event/3601264+Boards+Of+Canada+Live

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada