May 22nd 24:00 @ 1-23-10 Jinnan Shibuya-ku Tokyo

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
What is it about Japan, btw? Why are there always bonus tracks on the Japanese version? Is there a reason behind this?

Eagle Minded
MindElevation wrote:Interesting that if this is indeed a single being unveiled, that it's happening in such a public place. Maybe that hints at the listenability of the album. If a song off Geogaddi was blaring out of a sound system at a busy cross roads in a major city at midnight people walking past would probably start fearing for their lives.

i should think the sound would have to be pretty 'immense' for people to take notice

Sherbet Head
If they are previewing a video or something on that massive screen in what appears to be the toyko analog of times square I'm kinda wondering where they're getting the budget for all this airtime. That's kind of crazy for a little group like boc. Not saying it isn't cool, just unexpected.

New Seed
MindElevation wrote:Interesting that if this is indeed a single being unveiled, that it's happening in such a public place. Maybe that hints at the listenability of the album. If a song off Geogaddi was blaring out of a sound system at a busy cross roads in a major city at midnight people walking past would probably start fearing for their lives.
I dunno, man. Metal Machine Music was supposedly played in Japanese airports during its heyday.

Dayvan Cowboy
Helios wrote:What is it about Japan, btw? Why are there always bonus tracks on the Japanese version? Is there a reason behind this?

Japanese record companies insist on extra tracks to encourage Japanese people to buy JP releases rather than import from the US or EU.

Sherbet Head
rainier wrote:If they are previewing a video or something on that massive screen in what appears to be the toyko analog of times square I'm kinda wondering where they're getting the budget for all this airtime. That's kind of crazy for a little group like boc. Not saying it isn't cool, just unexpected.

BoC are quite high up in the illuminati/freemasons, organising this kind of thing is no problem, they just present a human sacrifice and hey presto!

Happy Cycler
I can't go. Too far, too expensive, work day and not enough fucking notice! FFS, there are other cities in Japan where BoC is loved. They should've hit Osaka, Nagoya, Hiroshima and Fukuoka. I'm tired Warp acts and others neglecting the west of Japan. There are a lot of fans here!
Anyway, enjoy the radiation in Tokyo. (Super pissed off)
"It's been a long time..."

Sherbet Head
hexagon son wrote:Anyway, enjoy the radiation in Tokyo.

hahaha

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagon son wrote: FFS, there are other cities in Japan where BoC is loved. They should've hit Osaka, Nagoya, Hiroshima and Fukuoka. I'm tired Warp acts and others neglecting the west of Japan.

Basically how I feel about all of my favorite bands ever, and about living in Florida.

Eagle Minded
I doubt it's a live performance, but I suppose if they were going to do it it might make sense to have a short-notice gig with some well behaved fans. That's just my opinion/ignorance speaking, though.

The single was apparently pulled from the BBC last night, maybe it was so they could show the video here instead?

Sherbet Head
hexagonLife wrote:I doubt it's a live performance, but I suppose if they were going to do it it might make sense to have a short-notice gig with some well behaved fans. That's just my opinion/ignorance speaking, though.

The single was apparently pulled from the BBC last night, maybe it was so they could show the video here instead?

Where did you hear that about the BBC? Who's show?

Eagle Minded
Snufkin wrote:
hexagonLife wrote:I doubt it's a live performance, but I suppose if they were going to do it it might make sense to have a short-notice gig with some well behaved fans. That's just my opinion/ignorance speaking, though.

Where did you hear that about the BBC? Who's show?

Well, I'm assuming it was "pulled", seeing as Vic Galloway announced it and then it all disappeared.

Dayvan Cowboy
If any of the text that might show up on that screen is in Japanese..

Friendly Stranger
Waterbagel wrote:If any of the text that might show up on that screen is in Japanese..

...then we'll get someone to translate them! :)

Eagle Minded
I hope the screen breaks...........

*Grumpy bastard mode*

Bah!

Flol

J

Dayvan Cowboy
Excited for this, really curious to see what this is. I really don't think it's gonna be a live gig or something, guess a new video has the highest probability.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Dayvan Cowboy
Could this just be the same adult swim video? Or the cosecha album announcement video? I hope it's different. Like a new video with a song from the album of what not ...but I don't want to get my hopes up too much.

Sherbet Head
or just one more code, a different one i.e. to enter into their site which will give us a new video etc
i say this because well... a new video off up there on that screen, and the sound problem, what would be the point like? it would need a code to lead us elsewhere to hear it better. just like old times

Posts Quantity
Has anyone figured out how we all are going to see what is happening? It was hard enough to get someone to Reckless in London a few weeks back

Sherbet Head
vanlorne wrote:Has anyone figured out how we all are going to see what is happening? It was hard enough to get someone to Reckless in London a few weeks back

we have sent and adult to swim from LA, should be there 23:00 approx.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada