May 22nd 24:00 @ 1-23-10 Jinnan Shibuya-ku Tokyo

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
rainier wrote:If they are previewing a video or something on that massive screen in what appears to be the toyko analog of times square I'm kinda wondering where they're getting the budget for all this airtime. That's kind of crazy for a little group like boc. Not saying it isn't cool, just unexpected.

They don't fund it themselves out of their pocket money :) they have the largest independant record label in the UK to help them put a video on a screen in tokyo. A record label that is now also a film production company!

Sherbet Head
I'm sure some Japanese fans will get it somehow. They were out looking for the promo record so they'll have their eye on this too.

They don't fund it themselves out of their pocket money they have the largest independant record label in the UK to help them put a video on a screen in tokyo. A record label that is now also a film production company!

I guess I just underestimated how much money warp has or how much they're willing to spend on something like this.

Dayvan Cowboy
Would be sick if there was a livecam set up nearby, on which we could see the whole thing.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Posts Quantity
portiss wrote:Would be sick if there was a livecam set up nearby, on which we could see the whole thing.

and broadcast to www.boardsofcanada.com

Dayvan Cowboy
The Other wrote:Could this just be the same adult swim video? Or the cosecha album announcement video? I hope it's different. Like a new video with a song from the album of what not ...but I don't want to get my hopes up too much.

If so I don't know why it would be announced on their FB page. Everyone who would look at their FB has already seen both of those.

Dayvan Cowboy
My search for live streams overlooking 109men's has come up inconclusive. :(

Sherbet Head
thepastinsidepressant wrote:
vanlorne wrote:Has anyone figured out how we all are going to see what is happening? It was hard enough to get someone to Reckless in London a few weeks back

we have sent an adult to swim from LA, should be there 23:00 approx.

vanlorne wrote:Has anyone figured out how we all are going to see what is happening? It was hard enough to get someone to Reckless in London a few weeks back

we have sent an adult to swim from LA, should be there 23:00 approx.

It that a time or the year...? :wink:

Slow down...

Sherbet Head

My man barkertrax, he of the fastest finger first with that Soundcloud clue, lives just up the road. Hopefully he'll nip down with his camera, but I don't know about a live feed or anything.

Personally I don't think this will be live but I'm hopeful for something new.

Serafinowicz retweeted a pitchfork link which in turn linked to this story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/8332725/Radiohead-forced-to-cancel-Tokyo-event.html

Sherbet Head
kelp wrote:They don't fund it themselves out of their pocket money :) they have the largest independant record label in the UK to help them put a video on a screen in tokyo. A record label that is now also a film production company!

everything, absolutely every outlay from a record company regarding the signed artist gets clawed back from the artist. nothing is free. go easy on that 'free' rider they've provided, you're paying for it.

Eagle Minded
BunnyRabbit wrote:

My man barkertrax, he of the fastest finger first with that Soundcloud clue, lives just up the road. Hopefully he'll nip down with his camera, but I don't know about a live feed or anything.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/8332725/Radiohead-forced-to-cancel-Tokyo-event.html

What are you implying is the significance of the Radiohead thing?
Couple live jazz Boards of Canada covers of mine can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/ntowbinj

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagon son wrote:I can't go. Too far, too expensive, work day and not enough fucking notice! FFS, there are other cities in Japan where BoC is loved. They should've hit Osaka, Nagoya, Hiroshima and Fukuoka. I'm tired Warp acts and others neglecting the west of Japan. There are a lot of fans here!
Anyway, enjoy the radiation in Tokyo. (Super pissed off)

Meh, you could live in Canada... the chances of BoC ever coming here is nil, yet you would imagine that coming back here at times would be... natural.

Sherbet Head
egbdf wrote:
BunnyRabbit wrote:

What are you implying is the significance of the Radiohead thing?

I just thought it was worth bringing to the forum. That Radiohead also had something planned there is interesting, wouldn't you agree?

My guess is something on the video screen, nothing more.

Sherbet Head
Magrathea wrote:Meh, you could live in Canada... the chances of BoC ever coming here is nil, yet you would imagine that coming back here at times would be... natural.

they might as well change their name to Boards of Japan now

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm not sure why everyone is so sour on Japan getting some love. The concept of this album seems to be nuclear holocaust, I can't think of a better place for this sort of unveil (or whatever it is)

Dayvan Cowboy
Aerial Boundaries wrote:
The Other wrote:Could this just be the same adult swim video? Or the cosecha album announcement video? I hope it's different. Like a new video with a song from the album of what not ...but I don't want to get my hopes up too much.

If so I don't know why it would be announced on their FB page. Everyone who would look at their FB has already seen both of those.

True. Good point. It wouldn't make much sense. Just a thought. I am hoping for something else no doubt.

Posts Quantity
Searching for a webcam in front of 109 Building...but found nothing (only around...meeeh)!

Happy Cycler
Opothecary wrote:I'm not sure why everyone is so sour on Japan getting some love. The concept of this album seems to be nuclear holocaust, I can't think of a better place for this sort of unveil (or whatever it is)

Good observation!
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Posts Quantity
Why in the hell would the ARG continue?

We've got a release date, it's 20 days away.

Japan may have some specific context for BoC, or it's likely just Warp picking Japan for whatever reason.

Sherbet Head
Boards of North Korea

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada