May 22nd 24:00 @ 1-23-10 Jinnan Shibuya-ku Tokyo

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
thepastinsidepressant wrote:or just one more code, a different one i.e. to enter into their site which will give us a new video etc
i say this because well... a new video off up there on that screen, and the sound problem, what would be the point like? it would need a code to lead us elsewhere to hear it better. just like old times

My thoughts exactly, all of what you are saying.
It sort of has been their line, making a stunt somewhere, but the audience get the main experience in their home on their computer when the pieces are put together. Fair to all the fans around the world. Doesn't make sense at all to pull off a gig or a single/listening party somewhere like that imo.

Posts Quantity
Opothecary wrote:I'm not sure why everyone is so sour on Japan getting some love. The concept of this album seems to be nuclear holocaust, I can't think of a better place for this sort of unveil (or whatever it is)

the nuclear holocaust theme is so 80's metal. kind of hope info comes out to dispel the notion that it is the theme/inspiration for this album

Posts Quantity
MindElevation wrote:Boards of North Korea

Boards of East Asia and Surrounding Territories

Posts Quantity

Boqurant
please no please not like this! im two days from tokyo!!
1999 in the sunshine

Dayvan Cowboy
running a sketchy java app on a untranslatable website, eh? no thanks.

Sherbet Head
Isn't the JBC near that?
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

Dayvan Cowboy
This cryptic shit is too much on my birthday!!
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Happy Cycler
harpoon dodger wrote:This cryptic shit is too much on my birthday!!

Happy Birthday!
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Posts Quantity
Japan is awesome and lets face it they have been through a lot in last few years so i guess they deserve a special treat ;)

Whatever it is im highly entertained . They could keep doing these weird mystery drops every month for eternity for all i care . I'm just so happy they are doing something !

If they did play a live gig in Canada i think this would be the perfect venue

http://www.silophone.net/

http://createdigitalmusic.com/files//20 ... ophone.jpg

Imagine kaini industries live
A B R A C A D A B R A
.A B R A C A D A B R
..A B R A C A D A B
...A B R A C A D A
....A B R A C A D
.....A B R A C A
......A B R A C
.......A B R A
........A B R
.........A B
..........A

Posts Quantity
Yeah, i reckon it's going to be a video for one of the tracks off the album. If so, it will probably be available to view online pretty much straight after so there's no need to get on the next flight to Japan.

Sherbet Head
deadfly wrote:Yeah, i reckon it's going to be a video for one of the tracks off the album. If so, it will probably be available to view online pretty much straight after so there's no need to get on the next flight to Japan.

Yeah, a video or maybe a code to enter on the web taking you to a video. I agreed with a post a little ways back that it would make sense to direct people to the web to hear the audio in high, undisturbed quality. But then again, if you have such prime real estate like that digital billboard, you'd like it'd be more than just a code and video (ie. audio would be involved). But I dunno and that's what makes it that much more exciting. The fun continues!

Sherbet Head
MindElevation wrote:If a song off Geogaddi was blaring out of a sound system at a busy cross roads in a major city at midnight people walking past would probably start fearing for their lives.

Music is Math. Alpha and Omega.

Sherbet Head
zeoevil wrote:
MindElevation wrote:If a song off Geogaddi was blaring out of a sound system at a busy cross roads in a major city at midnight people walking past would probably start fearing for their lives.

I was thinking more Gyroscope or TDIITD. But I see your point.

Eagle Minded
Can't quite imagine what a new boc single would sound like. I mean I have some idea, but it's been so long, they might have changed a lot, and it doesn't seem fair wanting them to stay the same.
i'll just to try not to be too disappointed if it's ambient bullshit

Eagle Minded
Well a search revealed nothing on http://www.ustream.tv/

A likely streaming candidate if the are keeping up with current trends..

Either way any news is good news when from BOC, so god bless you Japanese folks..

Unfortunately none of my Japanese friends are that into BOC.

Sherbet Head
MindElevation wrote:
zeoevil wrote:

I was thinking more Gyroscope or TDIITD. But I see your point.

Either of the above would be well received by just about anyone. However, Gyroscope would met people's faces and Devil would make them see, well, the Devil.

Or as Naboo put it, "Don't eat fifteen in one go cause you will see the Devil and he'll try to rip your heart out through your kneecaps."
Last edited by zeoevil on Wed May 22, 2013 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head
Keeoaddi wrote:Can't quite imagine what a new boc single would sound like. I mean I have some idea, but it's been so long, they might have changed a lot, and it doesn't seem fair wanting them to stay the same.
i'll just to try not to be too disappointed if it's ambient bullshit

Again with the "ambient bullshit", didn't that cause a stir the other day? :D

Posts Quantity
TCH was a bit too sluggish I thought and was lacking in memorability - I see where he is coming from.

I don't mind the tempo, but it would have been nice to hear more tunes like "Constants Are Changing" in that case. Make that shit memorable.
Last edited by NorthcutTAmnestY on Wed May 22, 2013 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
sluggish =/= ambient

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada