May 22nd 24:00 @ 1-23-10 Jinnan Shibuya-ku Tokyo

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Wow, feeling pretty giddy and excited about all this! Thanks for the vids, comments and excitement guys – it's all made a great narrative! And what a beautiful track.

Dayvan Cowboy
Love the sound of what I can hear of it, it does suffer from being on a camera phone but what comes through is brilliant. So excited now for the album.

Eagle Minded
two pretty strange things in the new video. When the camera is turning over the water and you see that black bar obviously turning into a square because of the reflection and then at the end when there are 3 suns and then 2 suns and then they morph into one sun. damn.
MUSIC 70 IN THE HOUSE

Dayvan Cowboy
I know someone said this but, I have a feeling this is the JP bonus track.
That or maybe a shorter version of a TH track. I have only listened once but, I feel like it is cut short for some reason. I dunno.

Eagle Minded
The Other wrote:I know someone said this but, I have a feeling this is the JP bonus track.
That or maybe a shorter version of a TH track. I have only listened once but, I feel like it is cut short for some reason. I dunno.

The track length seems reaaallly close to Reach For The Dead. i clocked it at 4:43.
MUSIC 70 IN THE HOUSE

Dayvan Cowboy
MrMessiah wrote:Love the sound of what I can hear of it, it does suffer from being on a camera phone but what comes through is brilliant. So excited now for the album.

im with you...its kinda hard to hear. but what i do hear has me excited to REALLY hear it.
cant wait.

Sherbet Head
I feel a little bad for bagging on Neil Krug. This video is really beautiful and it doesn't really matter if I'm not feeling his other work, I think this stuff he's done for boc is lovely. I especially love the part with the light filtering through the trees, I love looking at the sun like that when I listen to music. And the colors in the part with the roses are glorious.

Some meta comments on this capture of the video:
-I like at the beginning when it's counting down and one guy says "23!" when the count is at 2. It reminds me of the Aquarius counting lady.
-the collective murmer that goes up when the beats kick in. You can hear someone say "beautiful!" in english, it makes me smile.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Happy Cycler
nickb523 wrote:reminded me of the new school Black Dog - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux4pWBztkdg

Thanks for sharing this. I like it.

Eagle Minded
if anyone wants to have a better quality mp3 of the track you can go here for streaming and download.

https://soundcloud.com/mygeometricexile ... -of-canada
Last edited by In_The_Annexe on Thu May 23, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
you don't care to hear until you listen

Sherbet Head
Thanks to filmers & sharers. I dig what I *can* hear of the song, right now (but I expect there is a lot more going on that we'll be able to hear/see better following a proper release)

Sherbet Head
Haven't touched a computer in a few days because I thought it was safe...

DAMN! SO HAPPY.
ImageImage

Friendly Stranger
PlacentaSand wrote:The track length seems reaaallly close to Reach For The Dead. i clocked it at 4:43.

Reach For the Dead = reaching out to us, the general public, the dead. With the song, the video, the gesture.

You know it makes sense.

Dayvan Cowboy
mikektm450 wrote:
PlacentaSand wrote:The track length seems reaaallly close to Reach For The Dead. i clocked it at 4:43.

Reach For the Dead = reaching out to us, the general public, the dead. With the song, the video, the gesture.

You know it makes sense.

Tying into the theme of what they seem to be going for, I was thinking this was more what it referred to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Hand_(nuclear_war)

but I guess we'll probably never know for sure

Happy Cycler
thedisavowed wrote:
nickb523 wrote:reminded me of the new school Black Dog - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux4pWBztkdg

Thanks for sharing this. I like it.

Indeed. I enjoyed it!

Friendly Stranger
I think the track sounds incredible and the video sent shivers down my spine.

Thanks so much to everyone who was involved in filming/recording this fine event.

Boqurant
coffeeandtv wrote:Thanks so much to everyone who was involved in filming/recording this fine event.

Second this.

I couldn't get home fast enough knowing that some new bit of BOC news/audio was going to be waiting for me. Love what I hear so far. June can't come fast enough!

Dayvan Cowboy
PlacentaSand wrote:
The Other wrote:I know someone said this but, I have a feeling this is the JP bonus track.

The track length seems reaaallly close to Reach For The Dead. i clocked it at 4:43.

Guess we won't know until we know. You know? :wink:

Boqurant
egbdf wrote:It's sounds like it's more in the TCH direction... which I won't say is bad, but which I didn't like as much. It has no discernible melody.

Peacock Tail? Hey Saturday Sun? Those have plenty of melody.

As someone else said, this is quite fast. Reminds me of Chinook or XYZ. I'd be thrilled if we got a whole album of that.

New Seed
I'm sayin "Cold Earth"

Eagle Minded
Tarkovsky indeed! i just happened to watch 'Stalker' again recently and was thinking quite the same thing as I watched this new video. hello all - long time lurker, but today was just too big to hang back in the shadows any longer. this was epic.

thank you Jar, Ikimasho and all others who hustled to get this to us! while a tripod would have been awesome, it looks like Ikimasho was using a Steadicam/Glidecam rig of some kind (most noticeable when he is walking among the people after the event - they are bouncing and he is not). it was a good call though since he could not know if he would be able to lock off a shot with sticks or would be running around to get a better angle. huge kudos for pulling it off mate - you and the others who posted your goodies made our day!
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada