May 22nd 24:00 @ 1-23-10 Jinnan Shibuya-ku Tokyo

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
really late to the party here but this was amazing. just when the initial wave of the treasure hunt hype started to simmer, they drop this to keep us on our toes. sounds much more of a return to the hi-scores sound, couldn't be more excited.

Friendly Stranger
I don't mean to be boring and of course, you're entitled to discuss and share your enthusiasm, which in a way I do envy, but regarding the video... well, it's just a few seconds of clouds and other generic stuff, more or less as the stuff you can see in a commercial, or in the opening titles of a TV show, or in a videoclip - I can think of thousands of videoclips with such type of "mood" and images. I wouldn't really take a Tarkovskij or a Kubrick for this. (well, perhaps a Kubrick given his intrinsic superficiality, but surely not a Tarkovskij)

Dayvan Cowboy
What do people expect in a video...? I think it fit pretty well with the music.
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Boqurant
In_The_Annexe wrote:if anyone wants to have a better quality mp3 of the track you can go here for streaming and download.

https://soundcloud.com/mygeometricexile ... -of-canada
Anybody else catch that child-like laugh at 3:37? I think it's just some random girl on the street. But it gave me goosebumps when I heard it. The timing of it was almost perfect being that it was near the end of the track :D

Posts Quantity
That sounds really great. Video is great as well - no, the video is amazing.

Sherbet Head
The more I listen, the more I fall. When the additional chord come in around the 2:50 mark, I get goosebumps upon goosebumps. Seriously.
I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me.
https://www.instagram.com/powerline_misfortune/

Posts Quantity
Thanks for that Soundcloud version, much clearer.

It sounds beautiful. As someone else mentioned, I can't wait for a proper quality listen to hear all the little extras there will be in there (and of course just to hear it properly).

Boqurant
I'm thinking this is "Split Your Infinities." That was the first track title that caught my attention with the reveal of the album, and the one to me which sounds the most BoC-like in nature. Also, the track length is very close

Happy Cycler
I REALLY want to hear this clearly. It's hard to tell but from what I can hear the percussion sounds very nice.

This track is fairly upbeat for a BoC track and it doesn't quite sound like anything they've made before. It has a fantastic mood to it though. I hope this whole album is really new and varied sounding.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Boqurant
PlacentaSand wrote:
The Other wrote:I know someone said this but, I have a feeling this is the JP bonus track.
That or maybe a shorter version of a TH track. I have only listened once but, I feel like it is cut short for some reason. I dunno.

The track length seems reaaallly close to Reach For The Dead. i clocked it at 4:43.
Personally, I don't think so. I would expect a track titled "Reach For The Dead" to be a dark piece. Something with a dirty bassline and a hard beat - like "June 9th," or something off Geogaddi
Last edited by Weekend_Warrior on Thu May 23, 2013 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sherbet Head
http://youtu.be/sjuHbUy584E

Sounds like a fake
You could feel the bullshit

Happy Cycler
Weekend_Warrior wrote:
PlacentaSand wrote:
The Other wrote:I know someone said this but, I have a feeling this is the JP bonus track.
That or maybe a shorter version of a TH track. I have only listened once but, I feel like it is cut short for some reason. I dunno.

The track length seems reaaallly close to Reach For The Dead. i clocked it at 4:43.
Personally, I don't think so. I would expect a track titled "Reach For The Dead" to be a dark piece. Something with a dirty bassline and a hard beat

Not saying he's right here, but keep in mind BoC names can be misleading.

"Happy Cycling" is a perfect example. That track could have as easily been named "Death Choir".

Eagle Minded
I agree, this track doesn't sound like an opener at all. Remember "Music is Math" or "Chromakey Dreamcoat".

Happy Cycler
Moloch wrote:I agree, this track doesn't sound like an opener at all. Remember "Music is Math" or "Chromakey Dreamcoat".

What if this album has its proper opener in the first track instead of just a vignette? After all, the track is 2:56 long - that's not really a vignette.

Boqurant
Rodheh wrote:
Weekend_Warrior wrote:
PlacentaSand wrote:

Personally, I don't think so. I would expect a track titled "Reach For The Dead" to be a dark piece. Something with a dirty bassline and a hard beat

"Happy Cycling" is a perfect example. That track could have as easily been named "Death Choir".
Really? I find "Happy Cycling" to be a very optimistic-sounding track. To me, "Death Choir" would sound more like "Dawn Chorus." And they're both abbreviated as D.C. so there ya go... a perfect match, made in hell :wink:

Happy Cycler
Weekend_Warrior wrote:
Rodheh wrote:
Weekend_Warrior wrote:
PlacentaSand wrote:

Really? I find "Happy Cycling" to be a very optimistic-sounding track. To me, "Death Choir" would sound more like "Dawn Chorus." And they're both abbreviated as D.C. so there ya go... a perfect match, made in hell :wink:

Well I never quite thought of Happy Cycling to be "optimistic" but either way, it demonstrates that an uplifting, consonant sounding track could be named "Death Choir" if it can be applied to Dawn Chorus. The point is not to assume what it might sound like just because of the name.
Last edited by Jonse on Thu May 23, 2013 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Rodheh wrote:
Moloch wrote:I agree, this track doesn't sound like an opener at all. Remember "Music is Math" or "Chromakey Dreamcoat".

What if this album has its proper opener in the first track instead of just a vignette? After all, the track is 2:56 long - that's not really a vignette.

You've got a point. But from what I've heard of it so far, I still think that this new song sounds too 'optimistic' to match the title 'Reach for the Dead'. I might of course be entirely wrong.

Happy Cycler
Moloch wrote:
Rodheh wrote:

You've got a point. But from what I've heard of it so far, I still think that this new song sounds too 'optimistic' to match the title 'Reach for the Dead'. I might of course be entirely wrong.

As has been said, it might be "Split Your Infinities".

Or you know, it might not be on the album at all. It might be a Japan bonus or unused track.

Sherbet Head
Happy Cycling is a perfect name for the track. I ride my bike to it all the time
You could feel the bullshit

Happy Cycler
Geogandhi wrote:Happy Cycling is a perfect name for the track. I ride my bike to it all the time

It is a good name, but I just meant that the word happy wasn't really indicative of the song's tone and the same might go for a song with the word "dead" in the title.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada