May 22nd 24:00 @ 1-23-10 Jinnan Shibuya-ku Tokyo

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Rodheh wrote:
Weekend_Warrior wrote:
Rodheh wrote:
Weekend_Warrior wrote:
PlacentaSand wrote:
The Other wrote:I know someone said this but, I have a feeling this is the JP bonus track.
That or maybe a shorter version of a TH track. I have only listened once but, I feel like it is cut short for some reason. I dunno.

The track length seems reaaallly close to Reach For The Dead. i clocked it at 4:43.
Personally, I don't think so. I would expect a track titled "Reach For The Dead" to be a dark piece. Something with a dirty bassline and a hard beat

Not saying he's right here, but keep in mind BoC names can be misleading.

"Happy Cycling" is a perfect example. That track could have as easily been named "Death Choir".
Really? I find "Happy Cycling" to be a very optimistic-sounding track. To me, "Death Choir" would sound more like "Dawn Chorus." And they're both abbreviated as D.C. so there ya go... a perfect match, made in hell :wink:

Well I never quite thought of Happy Cycling to be "optimistic" but either way, it demonstrates that an uplifting, consonant sounding track could be named "Death Choir" if it can be applied to Dawn Chorus. The point is not to assume what it might sound like just because of the name.
*Shrug* Well, I dunno... usually they're pretty good at naming tracks. A lot of times when I listen to their music and zone out, I tend to have certain images come to mind... sometimes it's a city, sometimes it's a beach, other times it's in a forest, or in outer space, etc... And usually my images tend to at least coincide somewhere along the lines of other BoC fans because I see it in their homemade videos on Youtube

And "Dawn Chorus" honestly scares me a little, dude. There's some weird chanting and stuff goin on in that track

Sherbet Head
it's more whimsical than happy but whimsical makes me happy

I should have said that the above link I posted saying fake is a pretty good version of the transmission. Just incase some of you dismiss it haha.

It may have been ABP but I didn't see it.
You could feel the bullshit

Happy Cycler
Weekend_Warrior wrote:
Rodheh wrote:
Weekend_Warrior wrote:
Rodheh wrote:
Weekend_Warrior wrote:
PlacentaSand wrote:
The Other wrote:I know someone said this but, I have a feeling this is the JP bonus track.
That or maybe a shorter version of a TH track. I have only listened once but, I feel like it is cut short for some reason. I dunno.

The track length seems reaaallly close to Reach For The Dead. i clocked it at 4:43.
Personally, I don't think so. I would expect a track titled "Reach For The Dead" to be a dark piece. Something with a dirty bassline and a hard beat

Not saying he's right here, but keep in mind BoC names can be misleading.

"Happy Cycling" is a perfect example. That track could have as easily been named "Death Choir".
Really? I find "Happy Cycling" to be a very optimistic-sounding track. To me, "Death Choir" would sound more like "Dawn Chorus." And they're both abbreviated as D.C. so there ya go... a perfect match, made in hell :wink:

Well I never quite thought of Happy Cycling to be "optimistic" but either way, it demonstrates that an uplifting, consonant sounding track could be named "Death Choir" if it can be applied to Dawn Chorus. The point is not to assume what it might sound like just because of the name.
*Shrug* Well, I dunno... usually they're pretty good at naming tracks. A lot of times when I listen to their music and zone out, I tend to have certain images come to mind... sometimes it's a city, sometimes it's a beach, other times it's in a forest, or in outer space, etc... And usually my images tend to at least coincide somewhere along the lines of other BoC fans because I see it in their homemade videos on Youtube

And "Dawn Chorus" honestly scares me a little, dude. There's some weird chanting and stuff goin on in that track

That's fine, to each their own.

Although I tend to wonder sometimes if I'm hearing the same things as everyone else.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Sherbet Head
as always, time for a cup of tea and a few prayers.

let us pray.

Happy Cycler
thepastinsidepressant wrote:as always, time for a cup of tea and a few prayers.

let us pray.

Our BoC
Which art in Edinburgh
Turquoise be thy name
Thy album come
Thy will be listened to
High and also sober
Give us this day our daily orange
And forgive us for being impatient
As we forgive thou for teasing us
Lead us not into temptation to torrent the leak
And deliver us from WATMM
For thine is the Hexagon Sun, the music, and the nostalgia, for ever and ever.
Yeah, that's right.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Sherbet Head
Rodheh wrote:Our BoC
Which art in Edinburgh
Turquoise by thy name
Thy album come
Thy will be listened to
High and also sober
Yeah, that's right.

ah thats beautiful man, and we shall all be seated on the sixth side of the hexagon

Posts Quantity
"And deliver us from WATMM" lol

Posts Quantity
Rodheh wrote:
thepastinsidepressant wrote:as always, time for a cup of tea and a few prayers.

let us pray.

Our BoC
Which art in Edinburgh
Turquoise be thy name
Thy album come
Thy will be listened to
High and also sober
Yeah, that's right.

Gold!

Sherbet Head
Geogandhi wrote:http://youtu.be/sjuHbUy584E

Sounds like a fake

Not sure what the "sounds like a fake" is, but this is great audio quality. I think I like it better than the edited soundcloud file (which is nice, but a little high on the treble), as well as the other recordings I've heard. When the beat comes in, and then the chord change at 4:26- delicious. And the talking really quiets down on this version as well. Nice share.

Sherbet Head
I was being a dick but then realised that people would probably just ignore it ha
You could feel the bullshit

Sherbet Head
Geogandhi wrote:I was being a dick but then realised that people would probably just ignore it ha

Dick. :)

Boqurant
I see a couple of torrents for TH, anyone downloaded one yet? Don't worry, I've preordered the tshirt and both formats...

Sherbet Head
Macfuk wrote:I see a couple of torrents for TH, anyone downloaded one yet? Don't worry, I've preordered the tshirt and both formats...

Doubt they are legit but I daren't even listen to find out.

Posts Quantity
bbc radio 1 tonight 7pm zane lowe playing new boc track!

Eagle Minded
sunshine recorder wrote:bbc radio 1 tonight 7pm zane lowe playing new boc track!

I wonder if the same track or no??

Posts Quantity
at a guess?...yes

Sherbet Head
Helios wrote:
sunshine recorder wrote:bbc radio 1 tonight 7pm zane lowe playing new boc track!

I wonder if the same track or no??

Would be very strange for them to trickle out more than one track from the album via as many low sound quality mediums as possible. It will surely be the same track. Maybe they'll release the video on their youtube after this :D .

Posts Quantity
If Zane is broadcasting the song, it is definitively not the Japanese Bonus Track.

Sherbet Head
The Spaniard wrote:If Zane is broadcasting the song, it is definitively not the Japanese Bonus Track.

Am I the only one that finds it really obvious that there is no Japanese bonus track for this release?

Dayvan Cowboy
MindElevation wrote:
The Spaniard wrote:If Zane is broadcasting the song, it is definitively not the Japanese Bonus Track.

Am I the only one that finds it really obvious that there is no Japanese bonus track for this release?

I don't know about the release having no bonus track, too early to say maybe. But I'd be really surprised if the one they showed yesterday was a bonus track. I'd be even more surprised if the one Zane is playing tonight is a different one to that too.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada