02. Reach For The Dead (4:47)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
GeogEddie wrote:I am not impressed. If I wanted Plaid, I'd listen to Plaid. They took 8 years to come up with this? Way to give in to all the whiners who bitched about Campfire Headphase's softer sounds and OMFG guitars!! Back to 2002, I guess.

Boqurant
[quote="Yeah That's Right"]

XYZ is one of those tracks that I've largely ignored in the past, I think I've literally only heard it once or twice before. Hearing the new track now, I'm really getting into it. It really does give off the same sort of vibe. It's a mystery to me that BOC never properly released XYZ. I heard that it was on original copies of the Peel Session but was quickly removed from subsequent pressings, a mystery in itself. I wonder how much those first pressings go for?[/quote]

probably more than $5700. and i saw this "though it appeared on initial pressings of the CD, "XYZ" was quickly dropped due to unresolved sampling issues, making original copies a highly prized BoC rarity."
i read somewhere that DJ Food has a copy of Peel Session with XYZ on.

Posts Quantity
my first impression:

absolutely beautiful tune. a perfect song to release after years and years of fans waiting. i had fully come to terms with the fact that they probably weren't going to come out with any more new music.

hearing this song got me pretty damn emotional, i have to admit.

this year has been a great one for me, as far as new music goes (MBV and now BoC, both who i thought were completely finished)

needless to say i'm even more excited for the full album now. this is just incredible.

also, some tangerine dream type vibes on this one.

Eagle Minded
GeogEddie wrote:I am not impressed. If I wanted Plaid, I'd listen to Plaid. They took 8 years to come up with this? Way to give in to all the whiners who bitched about Campfire Headphase's softer sounds and OMFG guitars!! Back to 2002, I guess.

wow, you seem pissed. I am one of the biggest Plaid fans out there and this in no way reminded me of them. It's a very solid track and it is the only song we have heard so far.
Last edited by Distant Nebulus on Thu May 23, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Friendly Stranger

Sherbet Head
MindElevation wrote:I'd love a super high quality version of this still from the video. For desktop wallpaper/facebook coverpage etc.

Here you go. :D

http://i.imgur.com/NaHnTsb.jpg

Dayvan Cowboy
fuck....this is it.
this track alone makes up for headphase.

man i really like this

Dayvan Cowboy
The video is completely epic. I love the sound of the pads, a very full sound and very hard to imitate, and which are very reminiscent of those used in Farewell Fire, which is one of my favorite BoC tracks. However, personally I'm not too fond of the percussion track and a little more variation would have been nice. However, I very rarely find the promotional single of any album the best track on the album and I'm sure Tomorrow's Harvest will include tracks that are more up my alley.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Eagle Minded
Distant Nebulus wrote:

It's definitely got that Plaid "crunch" to it (which I'm not terribly fond of), but I certainly love the track. Far from my favorite, though.

Eagle Minded
Alright, I'm on fanboy mode right now. I'm impressed. The song is not up to the standards of their best tracks, but the music+video experience was absolutely sublime.

Boqurant
If you rip the audio from Soundcloud, and add the track to iTunes, you can download the pre-release version using Match. Pretty cool although I would've simply bought it, if it were available.

Sherbet Head
wow what a truly beautiful time we live in
when we can criticise a good band by comparing them to another good band
beautiful
*farts*

idk

Posts Quantity
re-phaelam-ed wrote:fuck....this is it.
this track alone makes up for headphase.

man i really like this

The best thing about TCH, lets not forget, is a track called "Slow This Bird Down"

Sherbet Head
radiateme wrote:Here you go. :D

http://i.imgur.com/NaHnTsb.jpg

Niiice one. Cheers :)

Eagle Minded
BoC have doen it again! The new track sounds awesome

Its a bit more "Geogaddi" than the last album.

Posts Quantity
What do you suppose is the significance of the rectangle at at 3:55-4:08 of the video? It doesn't really fit with the "nature" of all the other imagery and was put there for a reason. Thoughts?

Eagle Minded

Dude it is 1 song out of 17, to make a judgment this early is just nuts, wait and listen to this story in whole and then be a critic, I really like it builds lovely, and by the way Geogaddi is by far my favourite album, but this is evolution, you have to respect that.

Posts Quantity
anyone notice the video seen yesterday to todays is sequenced different? yesterday the "magic window" sequence was in the middle. today its at the end... 0_o

Boqurant
chronical wrote:god I fucking love this. this is exactly the sort of music I expected to arrive with this album.. magical :shock:

I'm totally with you man, the track is like an exact match with my preconceptions regarding how the new album will sound!

Waterbagel wrote:Holy hell, I was not ready for that flying scene with the cloud reflections. :shock:

What an awesome sight huh!

Posts Quantity
Yeah That's Right wrote:
rhysosborne wrote:
seanandcandy wrote:anyone else think it sounds exactly like XYZ
especially the start and the end

yes one hundred thousand percent. i thought that about the tokyo preview but now a higher quality version is released, im convinced

XYZ is one of those tracks that I've largely ignored in the past, I think I've literally only heard it once or twice before. Hearing the new track now, I'm really getting into it. It really does give off the same sort of vibe. It's a mystery to me that BOC never properly released XYZ. I heard that it was on original copies of the Peel Session but was quickly removed from subsequent pressings, a mystery in itself. I wonder how much those first pressings go for?

no mystery here: "xyz" contains an unlicensed sample of "it would be like samoa" by edgar froese.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada