02. Reach For The Dead (4:47)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
Did not hear it on purpose. It may sound idiotic, but I want to wait for the full-album experience! :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
deadfly wrote:Absolutely love the track and the video.

Also I notice Bleep describe it as

"The first single from Boards Of Canada's highly anticipated forthcoming album"

which sort of implies that there might be more singles...

I hope not, I have listened to this 5 times already and I am listening to other things now, I want it unspoiled to be heard in context when the album gets released.

Dayvan Cowboy
The beat sounds a bit digital to me. It's more than likely not but it sounds maybe bit crushed? This is not a criticism, I like it a lot.
Last edited by WeHadNormality on Thu May 23, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
deadfly wrote:Absolutely love the track and the video.

Also I notice Bleep describe it as

"The first single from Boards Of Canada's highly anticipated forthcoming album"

which sort of implies that there might be more singles...

Possible, since this track is not exactly a catchy Dayvan Cowboy type track

Dayvan Cowboy
MindElevation wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:
MindElevation wrote:
rhysosborne wrote:will they release a promotional DVD like they did with Dayvan Cowboy though?

A promotional Blu Ray would be nice :wink:

Scratch that, I want promotional VHS..or Beta :wink:

Haha yeah that would be cool. Although I have a feeling we may be entering a new era of BoC where pixels are encouraged!

Agreed! Would love a copy of it in any form, I just love old things :roll:
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Friendly Stranger
it's nice that they premiered this one in Japan as the scale they use reminds me of traditional japanese modes as the Hirajoshi and Akebono scales.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv7CO-nVFj8
http://youtu.be/7e_6o6wHpi4

Posts Quantity
harpoon dodger wrote:
MindElevation wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:
MindElevation wrote:
rhysosborne wrote:will they release a promotional DVD like they did with Dayvan Cowboy though?

A promotional Blu Ray would be nice :wink:

Scratch that, I want promotional VHS..or Beta :wink:

Haha yeah that would be cool. Although I have a feeling we may be entering a new era of BoC where pixels are encouraged!

Agreed! Would love a copy of it in any form, I just love old things :roll:

make one! :) you have an hd copy of the film. dupe that shit and start a cottage industry of selling one of three boc videos on vhs! :D

Sherbet Head
The Spaniard wrote:Why do we have three suns instead of two? The twoism is a leit motiv in BoC, so why three?

introducing their newest member...Solange Knowles!

I love this song and can't wait to hear the rest of the album. I didn't really have any preconcieved notions of what I thought the album would sound like. They've been all over the map and I don't have a marked preference for any one style. I think they're stellar at what they do and that's pretty much that for me. No other artist out there can push my buttons as well as they do.

And to think I might never have heard them if I hadn't been trying to download the frigging Hair soundtrack on napster and got a mislabeled track.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Eagle Minded
would they have shot the super 8 footage out of a helicopter or something? or is it a different kind of film they use?

i don't think i've ever seen anything like those aerial time-lapse shots, other than in like flash gordon or the original superman films

Sherbet Head
in hindsight, i regret listening to it 40 times just now but i'm gonna let it sit in my brain for the next 2 weeks and oh DAMN this is gonna be good
*farts*

idk

Eagle Minded
thinkdontpray wrote:wow, just wow. i mean...wow

im at a lost for words here. so beautiful and yet sinister undertones.

it sounds like something that could have been used in a documentary about chernobyl if that makes any sense

absolutely what i was thinking ... reminded me of the photo journal of the Russian girl on a motorcycle who rides through whats left of Chernobyl:(http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddo ... asons.html). haunting and has a BOCish feel.

of course, opinions will differ, but i was a little surprised at those who are disappointed. i feel quite conversely, that this is an epic track. and i'm pretty hard on BOC - not a lot of middle ground - i either feel/love the song or i don't.

i was expecting another teaser and not something so polished with such range. very happy to very very happy.
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Eagle Minded
I'm really not hearing this "sinister" quality people have mentioned.
Couple live jazz Boards of Canada covers of mine can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/ntowbinj

Posts Quantity
Keeoaddi wrote:would they have shot the super 8 footage out of a helicopter or something? or is it a different kind of film they use?

i don't think i've ever seen anything like those aerial time-lapse shots, other than in like flash gordon or the original superman films

i believe those bits are actually cg or digitally altered. just my personal thought.

Posts Quantity
Important: "The first single from Boards Of Canada's highly anticipated forthcoming album has landed. "Reach For The Dead" does not disappoint; a weighty and beautifully rich track full of stirring emotion. Utterly transcendent."

From Bleep.

So I guess that the dark ambient/drone song from 'Tomorrow's Harvest Transmission' is not a single, and might not be part of the album whatsoever*, right?

*Since I am not an English native speaker, I do not know if it makes sense to write 'whatsoever' here.

:^ S

Sherbet Head
Reminds me of You Could Feel the Sky quite a bit.

Really really into this track.

I might like it better than The Beach at Redpoint. =P
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

Friendly Stranger
on another note, has anyone in europe seen the MOON yet? those silly bastards, they released their magic on the first crystal CLEAR full moon in a couple months (at least that's how it is here in ze fine country of dzürmäny). it's brighter outside now than it was during like the whole month of january! beautiful!
Defend your constitutionally protected rights. No-one else will do it for you. Thank you.

Posts Quantity
LOL

Dayvan Cowboy
Keeoaddi wrote:would they have shot the super 8 footage out of a helicopter or something? or is it a different kind of film they use?

I am 100% sure it's CGI, the water has absolutely no ripples and the layering of the mountains is suspiciously symmetrical, it reminds Me of the old BOC microsite where you could fly over islands and things, yes?

Boqurant
[quote="seanandcandy"]in hindsight, i regret listening to it 40 times just now but i'm gonna let it sit in my brain for the next 2 weeks and oh DAMN this is gonna be good[/quote]

19 and counting!

Dayvan Cowboy
MindElevation wrote:does aaanybody have an mpeg/quicktime/any kind of file of the video in 1080p that can be downloaded?

check yer PMs

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada