02. Reach For The Dead (4:47)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
its a little strange that they changed a few things in the video. lolol i can see the brothers now, "hey Marcus i think it would be better if we took this footage of the rotating lens flairs from the bush and put it in right as the beat starts and leave the rotating square over the ocean for the last part. oh yeah lets also reverse the splitting sun. word?" Mike- "Word" Neil Krug- "Word"
MUSIC 70 IN THE HOUSE

Boqurant
If you want to download the video for your own use later you can use the Keepvid service to download stuff from YouTube.

http://keepvid.com/?url=http%3A//www.yo ... 6Drt0&bm=y

Posts Quantity
Magrathea wrote:
I am 100% sure it's CGI, the water has absolutely no ripples and the layering of the mountains is suspiciously symmetrical, it reminds Me of the old BOC microsite where you could fly over islands and things, yes?

Yes, the 'stage' in which you could listen to the brilliant 'The Beach at Redpoint'. I thought the same when I watched it.

Sherbet Head
of course, opinions will differ, but i was a little surprised at those who are disappointed. i feel quite conversely, that this is an epic track. and i'm pretty hard on BOC - not a lot of middle ground - i either feel/love the song or i don't.

I'm actually surprised by how few people have been disappointed. There's always a huge backlash contingent whenever they so much as fart. I guess that's true of a lot of fanbases though. It takes all kinds.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Friendly Stranger
orazioblur wrote:LOL

those guys are great
Defend your constitutionally protected rights. No-one else will do it for you. Thank you.

Posts Quantity
If anyone wants to download the 1080p video from Youtube, I just uploaded it on Mega: http://bit.ly/16WxCF4
That's not real high quality because of all the Youtube compressing, but that's already nice imo :)

Friendly Stranger
PlacentaSand wrote:"Word"

There's no fucking way they'd ever say "Word".

Eagle Minded
rainier wrote:
of course, opinions will differ, but i was a little surprised at those who are disappointed. i feel quite conversely, that this is an epic track. and i'm pretty hard on BOC - not a lot of middle ground - i either feel/love the song or i don't.

I'm actually surprised by how few people have been disappointed. There's always a huge backlash contingent whenever they so much as fart. I guess that's true of a lot of fanbases though. It takes all kinds.

fair enough. hmmm. perhaps i am not as hard on them as thought.
must have been from the drought of music. left me more objective?
"come on, give us something - ANYTHING!"

maybe i should have amended my point to 'while everyone is entitled to their opinion, how can you not love this?!' kidding - i am sure there is something for everyone on the new release ...
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Posts Quantity
duk_koo_kim wrote:on another note, has anyone in europe seen the MOON yet? those silly bastards, they released their magic on the first crystal CLEAR full moon in a couple months (at least that's how it is here in ze fine country of dzürmäny). it's brighter outside now than it was during like the whole month of january! beautiful!

Yep, full moon on dark blue backdrop in Norway.

Dayvan Cowboy
nordheim wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:
MindElevation wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:
MindElevation wrote:
rhysosborne wrote:will they release a promotional DVD like they did with Dayvan Cowboy though?

A promotional Blu Ray would be nice :wink:

Scratch that, I want promotional VHS..or Beta :wink:

Haha yeah that would be cool. Although I have a feeling we may be entering a new era of BoC where pixels are encouraged!

Agreed! Would love a copy of it in any form, I just love old things :roll:

make one! :) you have an hd copy of the film. dupe that shit and start a cottage industry of selling one of three boc videos on vhs! :D

That's not a bad idea...hell, I could dupe it to my Super 8 if I REALLY wanted to give myself a challenge :P
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Friendly Stranger
I like that part at 3:46 with the accent of the additional synths leading to conclusion of the track. Something like 10 seconds of feeling overwhelmed. :D
"If a girl looks swell when she meets you, who gives a damn if she's late? Nobody."

Posts Quantity
harpoon dodger wrote:
nordheim wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:
MindElevation wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:
MindElevation wrote:
rhysosborne wrote:will they release a promotional DVD like they did with Dayvan Cowboy though?

Haha yeah that would be cool. Although I have a feeling we may be entering a new era of BoC where pixels are encouraged!

make one! :) you have an hd copy of the film. dupe that shit and start a cottage industry of selling one of three boc videos on vhs! :D

That's not a bad idea...hell, I could dupe it to my Super 8 if I REALLY wanted to give myself a challenge :P

do it! i bet the brothers would even buy a copy! :D

Dayvan Cowboy
nordheim wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:
nordheim wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:
MindElevation wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:
MindElevation wrote:

do it! i bet the brothers would even buy a copy! :D

Lol! We'll see, college life is keeping me a busy dude these days..but ya neeeever know
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Posts Quantity

Sherbet Head
Has anyone yet mentioned the vocal sample at 3:25? Sounds like "listen" or something thereabouts.

I'm going to do yoga to this tonight. I know I said last night that I wouldn't listen again until the album came out, but well...I was full of shit haha. Also they did say "listen" soooo...
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Dayvan Cowboy
softfokus wrote:Image

Yes.

Eagle Minded
no bullshit, ive been listening to this on repeat for over an hour now and every time it gets to 3:27 i have an overwhelming urge to smile and cry at the same time

going to go for a drive after work tonight, hit my vape, crank the song up and just cruise around the back roads with the windows down. my absolute favorite way to enjoy BoC

Posts Quantity
rainier wrote:

"reach for the dead" is gorgeous, there's no doubt about that. the only thing that's a little disappointing to me is the structure of it, which follows the "747" model of just building up to a point . . . and then ending. compare that to something like "an eagle in your mind" which keeps shifting into new sections in ingenious, complicated ways. "eagle" is more of a beguiling, "how'd they do that?" kind of track, whereas "reach" is more "gosh that's lovely." though ideally i prefer the former approach.

but this is no means a complaint, more of a neutral observation.

Friendly Stranger
I don't mean to be a real bitch, but if someone could pm me a link/upload of the FLAC of this that would be fantastic. I pre-ordered TH on Amazon (I swear to god I'm not lying), so I don't get a free dl and I don't really feel like it buying over on Bleep seeing as I already paid for the album. Obviously if no one is down for this I can see why, but I figured it's worth a shot- I just want to get my hands on a sweet, sweet FLAC.

Eagle Minded
Ciaranarchy wrote:
PlacentaSand wrote:"Word"

There's no fucking way they'd ever say "Word".

MUSIC 70 IN THE HOUSE

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada