02. Reach For The Dead (4:47)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
defred wrote:I don't mean to be a real bitch, but if someone could pm me a link/upload of the FLAC of this that would be fantastic. I pre-ordered TH on Amazon (I swear to god I'm not lying), so I don't get a free dl and I don't really feel like it buying over on Bleep seeing as I already paid for the album. Obviously if no one is down for this I can see why, but I figured it's worth a shot- I just want to get my hands on a sweet, sweet FLAC.

I don't think a FLAC has been released on Bleep, just mp3.

New Seed
Woah... Where to start? Who else got an immense high from that experience :?: I still feel like I'm on cloud 9!!! Music surely is the best drug and the brothers mix up some potent shit.

It's pretty special that we all got to share the first highish quality listen together. I don't know about you but I'll remember this day and feeling for a very long time.

I couldn't help feeling that this song was rocketed across the earth moments after the Radio 1 track ended, kind of like the clips in the video. I must admit helping, because I sent links out to most of my close friends, even my brother and sister who aren't huge fans, as soon as the A/V went live.

Has anyone else given this song a proper listen on a system with decent Bass? My first was in the car on the way home for lunch... it moved me to the point that I had tears in my eye's by the time I pulled into the neighborhood which I had to quickly wipe away because I didn't want my wife to think anything was wrong. Nothings wrong, everything's right in my world today and I hope yours too. Much Love!...
Last edited by Rally_AK on Thu May 23, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity

this is just gonna keep happening.

New Seed
The Spaniard wrote:Why do we have three suns instead of two? The twoism is a leit motiv in BoC, so why three?

Is it possible the sun splitting into three is a reference to ATP?

It does take place a few days after the release.

Friendly Stranger

Oh. Is there anything higher than 192 kbps out there? If not, I guess I'll just download the soundcloud file.

Happy Cycler
WeHadNormality wrote:
softfokus wrote:Image

Yes.

Goosepimples!

This is a great day!

Friendly Stranger
The Friendly Stranger wrote:
defred wrote:I don't mean to be a real bitch, but if someone could pm me a link/upload of the FLAC of this that would be fantastic. I pre-ordered TH on Amazon (I swear to god I'm not lying), so I don't get a free dl and I don't really feel like it buying over on Bleep seeing as I already paid for the album. Obviously if no one is down for this I can see why, but I figured it's worth a shot- I just want to get my hands on a sweet, sweet FLAC.

Posts Quantity
Keeoaddi wrote:would they have shot the super 8 footage out of a helicopter or something? or is it a different kind of film they use?

i don't think i've ever seen anything like those aerial time-lapse shots, other than in like flash gordon or the original superman films

The clouds are likely created with this

http://planetside.co.uk/products/terragen2
or this
http://www.quadspinner.com/helios.aspx

They are either entirely created in cg ( notice the lack of grain ) or a composite of land footage shot on Red then the clouds were composited in later , hard to tell .
A B R A C A D A B R A
.A B R A C A D A B R
..A B R A C A D A B
...A B R A C A D A
....A B R A C A D
.....A B R A C A
......A B R A C
.......A B R A
........A B R
.........A B
..........A

Sherbet Head
It's like watching sister Mary.

Seriously though, I thought the track was great but the drums are Lofi and micro programmed the synths are not overly BoCish and sounds nothing like previous work in timbre. Still you guys cream.

You lot are weird.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
Kilroy the Killjoy wrote:
The Friendly Stranger wrote:

Sorry, I'm an idiot. I was thinking of the free mp3 you got if you preordered the album. You don't get a free FLAC to my knowledge.

Sherbet Head
I'm hearing all kinds of things in this track now. I think there's some cricket noises and guitar in the opening bit. So many layers, i love that opening drone so much. I'm getting much nicer headphones tomorrow and I can't wait to listen on those.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Sherbet Head
I've fallen off the wagon already. Found myself listening to the track a further 15 times. I'm gonna quit for reals this time I promise. Until the album comes. No more listening. *twitches* *presses play*

Sherbet Head
MindElevation wrote:I've fallen off the wagon already. Found myself listening to the track a further 15 times. I'm gonna quit for reals this time I promise. Until the album comes. No more listening. *twitches* *presses play*

that made me laugh.

Dayvan Cowboy
Just listening to this on good headphones now. Love the textures in this. The drifting overheated washes at the beginning remind me a bit of Ready Lets Go but with the VHS smear of the TCH EP. The digital oriental tune has a little halo of a church organ to it, buried in the mix. And the main melody line is such a mournful, purely BoC sound.

Posts Quantity
I'm digging the new track a lot but at first it seemed like it stops kind of abruptly. After more listening, it seems less so but I do wonder if its a different edit than whats on the record...although I suppose the time is the same. It will be interesting to hear in the context of the whole record to see if there is more of a kind of flow out of this track.

Eagle Minded
Geogandhi wrote:It's like watching sister Mary.

Seriously though, I thought the track was great but the drums are Lofi and micro programmed the synths are not overly BoCish and sounds nothing like previous work in timbre. Still you guys cream.

You lot are weird.

i dont get what youre trying to say. all those things are great. how can the synths not be bocish when boc made them?
MUSIC 70 IN THE HOUSE

Happy Cycler
Just thinking about how we've all been waiting eight years to hear what ended up being this song is enough to blow your fucking mind!

Dayvan Cowboy

Sherbet Head
WeHadNormality wrote:

your avatar combined with this gif is absolute perfection. ^

Sherbet Head
PlacentaSand wrote:
Geogandhi wrote:It's like watching sister Mary.

You lot are weird.

i dont get what youre trying to say. all those things are great. how can the synths not be bocish when boc made them?

I'm not trying to say anything in particular, just BoC fans are odd. Of course it sounds like BoC because it is but it's nothing like any other stuff they have done which is what gets diehards backs up with the fakes. I don't think people take into consideration the progression of a bands sound until it's confirmed and in front of them, then once it is even the simplest of things pleases them.
You could feel the bullshit

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada