May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
tonx wrote:5pm in California... seems an odd time for something. and seems an odd timezone to pick for something that would land digitally.

and it is super unlikely that Warp would release the album digitally far ahead of physical media thus massively screwing record stores.

So perhaps it is an event?

I would peg LA over SF. Neil Krug is in LA and it's possible he or his silverlake agency honeybadgerco are involved in more than just the promo vid, the RFTD vid, and the record art. A listening party at Ameoba Records in LA perhaps?

That does make sense. I think it is a listening party as well...just...can't...figure...out...where...

Eagle Minded
justin wrote:
paul wrote:Is a tough call ... if they announce early release wouldn't that kinda piss on the Paris listening party? Unless they go early in just one place - here. But since digital download is pervasive, it doesn't add up.

I'm thinking more realistically another Easter egg? Either way, if it turns out to be my hometown of San Francisco, I am only two hours away. I will have my 5D Mark II and my Zoom H4N and I won't be afraid to get where I need to for the shot and sound.

Of course half of SF will likely do the same, but hey, I still like to sound edgy. The seaside postcard town of Monterey can really harden a guy! :wink:

If it turns out they announce a listing party in San Fran ... Im on the next flight

What if Hell Interface announce an album? that would be surreal .

If that's the case ... PM me Justin. Ill pick you up at SFO on my way to the event!
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Eagle Minded
it is a holiday, so 5PM isn't too odd for many of us in that time zone...be neat to see what it will be...

Eagle Minded
herxagernsurn wrote:May there will be a renegade performance at the old Naval base in Alamameda where the album cover photo was taken.

Whether here or at Amoeba as you mentioned earlier ... I am game for either! Alas, I feel the LA thing might be more realistic (despite SF being the more romantic choice). While there is time, I hold out hope, clean my lenses, and charge all batteries ...
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Sherbet Head
Ustillhavefriends wrote:
Keeoaddi wrote:bet its a new hell interface track!

this would be amazing

OMG! It's the Xentrix concept album of my dreams!

I am completely serious.

Boqurant
herxagernsurn wrote:
paul wrote:Is a tough call ... if they announce early release wouldn't that kinda piss on the Paris listening party? Unless they go early in just one place - here. But since digital download is pervasive, it doesn't add up.

I'm thinking more realistically another Easter egg? Either way, if it turns out to be my hometown of San Francisco, I am only two hours away. I will have my 5D Mark II and my Zoom H4N and I won't be afraid to get where I need to for the shot and sound.

Of course half of SF will likely do the same, but hey, I still like to sound edgy. The seaside postcard town of Monterey can really harden a guy! :wink:

I wouldn't mind if they did a surprise in store appearance at Amoeba Records. That would be blow my already fragile brain to little pieces. Its not going to happen but we can fantasize. :-)

Appearance at Amoeba?? One can only dream...haha :)

Eagle Minded
If you youtube search "hell interface", next to the result that's their channel it says "active 6 days ago". Not sure what constitutes "activity" on youtube.
Couple live jazz Boards of Canada covers of mine can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/ntowbinj

Friendly Stranger
There's no way it's an early release; impossible in many levels (current marketing, distribution, lack of solid logic)...

It must be something States related, and lots of things get pushed based on one time zone here. So it may not have anything to do with the West Coast.

Also everyone should just put to bed any performances... The mechanics to arrange something like that takes a while... Booking, production, contracts, ticketing, marketing... It's not something you'd announce and two days later you play. Not even Prince does that. Oh and the fact that they haven't played a live performance in over 10 years. It would be hyped to all hell, not a last minute thing.

Sorry to be so negative! I enjoy so much the Twoism Enthusiasm, but I thought for the sale of investigation that the improbable leads be disputed.

My guess is it will be tv or online. Most likely online. Either a new song, video or maybe a new website! That'd be dope.

Boqurant
blastrid wrote:There's no way it's an early release; impossible in many levels (current marketing, distribution, lack of solid logic)...

It must be something States related, and lots of things get pushed based on one time zone here. So it may not have anything to do with the West Coast.

Also everyone should just put to bed any performances... The mechanics to arrange something like that takes a while... Booking, production, contracts, ticketing, marketing... It's not something you'd announce and two days later you play. Not even Prince does that. Oh and the fact that they haven't played a live performance in over 10 years. It would be hyped to all hell, not a last minute thing.

Sorry to be so negative! I enjoy so much the Twoism Enthusiasm, but I thought for the sale of investigation that the improbable leads be disputed.

My guess is it will be tv or online. Most likely online. Either a new song, video or maybe a new website! That'd be dope.

Yeah, an early release/live performance is very unlikely.

Dayvan Cowboy
if this were to mean new Hell Interface then holy hell yes, bring it on 8)
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Friendly Stranger
egbdf wrote:If you youtube search "hell interface", next to the result that's their channel it says "active 6 days ago". Not sure what constitutes "activity" on youtube.

I also believe it's something precisely related to Hell Interface, perhaps a remix or something! Or a hint of a new video. However I am convinced it's a "digital event" this time, otherwise they would have specified a location as they did for Tokyo... I'd go for a track/video.

Eagle Minded
blastrid wrote:There's no way it's an early release; impossible in many levels (current marketing, distribution, lack of solid logic)...

Not saying they're doing a live performance, but the Rolling Stones just recently did a small, surprise live show in LA before kicking off their tour. http://www.guitarworld.com/video-rollin ... geles-club

Boqurant
Another reason it's not likely to be an early release is that the Mount Kimbie album is out 27th/28th. Warp probably wouldn't want to cock block their own release.

Boqurant
announcement of a physical release for Reach For The Dead? just another theory
1999 in the sunshine

Sherbet Head
Just wanted to chime in and state that I also have a feeling that this event will be online. Seeing as they did not give any hint of a location, just a time, as others have said. But also due to the fact that it begun with a Youtube comment from Hell Interface, in the same way that some of the other clues were announced online and led to an online source. Maybe a new comment or some activity on their Youtube accounts or Facebook at the stated time?

Sherbet Head
we could do with a new black box.

Friendly Stranger
Helios wrote:

Not saying they're doing a live performance, but the Rolling Stones just recently did a small, surprise live show in LA before kicking off their tour. http://www.guitarworld.com/video-rollin ... geles-club

Yes, but Rolling Stones has been playing live and touring for hundreds of years :wink: and surprise LA shows are typical to warm up for a tour. Also, they're THE Stones... Much farther a comparison than apples and oranges.

New Seed
It'll be a reveal of a new t shirt colour. 8)

Boqurant
Here's a thought... maybe it's an announcement to reveal re-pressings of old Hell Interface material on vinyl, or perhaps a collection of tracks on cd with possible new/unreleased stuff?

Personally, I don't think this date is Boards-related since it was posted under the Hell Interface name...

But I could be wrong.

Boqurant
I would find it a tad bit strange if it doesn't have anything to do with Tomorrow's Harvest, as everything else what has happened the past month and a bit was only related to TH and nothing else. Why would they now put the focus on something else, just before this major release.

I'm guessing a second song with video clip.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada