May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
It's kind of frustrating to me that only the true fans know the significance of this event. The board is a great way to share and mirror thoughts. There is noone in my real life with whom I can share my enthusiasm about all of this.

Yeah, I was there, and it was an awesome experience - but it's kind of a downer because I only have one friend who was excited about this as I was, and he's on the other side of the country.

My girlfriend and I drove out last second and had an amazing experience, I just wish I could share it with more people. It's kind of sad when no one else will get as excited about something as you are.

I even uploaded pictures here (and on Reddit), but I guess people have seen enough shots of dead trees and clouds... :(
Last edited by rolandspaceecho on Wed May 29, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
thingsthingsthings wrote:
thinkdontpray wrote:white cyclosa is a real serious earworm...i cant get it out of my head. it sort of reminds me of a christ track from metamorphic reproduction miracle. i was trying to figure out which one but i seem to have lost the album and its not for sale on itunes oddly enough.

Mr. Christ has all of his albums up for download for crazy cheap: http://christmusic.bandcamp.com/
He recently put up all of his old deadstock Benbecula label vinyl up for sale then less for asking, doesn't look like much is left though. /tangent

cheers for that friend

i have very fond memories of working the overnight shift as a security guard on the gate for a GM feeder plant and smoking butts while listening to the pylonesque ep and reproduction miracles

Boqurant
My video with the good audio from Paul is uploading to youtube now. Will be available here in about an hour. http://youtu.be/t6G8gViaoVg
Last edited by creativeowlet on Wed May 29, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:
paul wrote:
IronMark wrote:I've completely lost track of this thread since last night - did the first three tracks from the listening party ever get uploaded in higher quality, windless versions? :lol:

they just did.
apologies for the confusion earlier - sleep deprivation.

three full tracks with the good audio ... enjoy everybody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjMANIDR ... e=youtu.be

superb video!

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Tomorrow%27s_H ... gn#turk242

Do you have any website I can link to for credit?

i appreciate that ... i'm pretty amateur so i don't have a page or anything ...
perhaps my vimeo page?
https://vimeo.com/user6807704/videos

thanks again Fredd-E.
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Posts Quantity
Aesthetics wrote:
paul wrote:i keep remembering in the car still an hour away - my buddy said 'there are 89 pages in the thread!' ... from 36 just a couple hours earlier. i got chills. i would say in my humble estimation that this was the greatest ever use of social media. literally brought us all together. big thank you tonx for leading the way and selflessly using your body as a dolly rig to bring us the live stream. i had to take a break and smile as you walked very carefully in an arc around the crowd - must have looked cool for the online attendees. a real team player.

Couldn't have said it any better!

It's kind of frustrating to me that only the true fans know the significance of this event. The board is a great way to share and mirror thoughts. There is noone in my real life with whom I can share my enthusiasm about all of this.

I'm overly thankful to Tonx for being our eyes and ears. Without him and the social media we would not have been part of the event like we were now. Although I was on the other side of the earth I really felt the whole happening (even more when twoism got mentioned ;)).
Isn't it amazing that someone with a small plastic box with some "wires" in it, on the other side of the planet, is able to show us what he sees??

Btw, someone with some video editing skills should put the audio of Paul (thanks man!) under the Tonx video.

well said. i always have to remind myself how lucky we are these days.

i like the way louis c.k. puts it too.

"I had to sit on the runway for 40 minutes.' Oh my god, really? What happened then, did you fly through the air like a bird, incredibly? Did you soar into the clouds, impossibly? Did you partake in the miracle of human flight and then land softly on giant tires that you couldn't even conceive how they f**king put air in them?...You're sitting in a chair in the sky. You're like a Greek myth right now."

Posts Quantity
rolandspaceecho wrote:

Yeah, I was there, and it was an awesome experience - but it's kind of a downer because I only have one friend who was excited about this as I was, and he's on the other side of the country.

My girlfriend and I drove out last second and had an amazing experience, I just wish I could share it with more people. It's kind of sad when no one else will get as excited about something as you are.(

I convinced my wife to drive out with me, who has never been a BOC fan. Not that she dislikes their music, but I think she's always been pretty ambivalent; and most of my obsessions with their work and late nights staring out the window with a glass of bourbon listening to Geogaddi in the dark were met with consistent eye-rolling.

For the sake of spontaneity, she wanted to check it out, and it instantly converted her into a huge fan. Not only was she really moved by the music, but by the entire event. The aesthetic of the space, the relationship of the journey out there to the album, the emotional pull of the songs juxtaposed to the scenery. She has spent a lot of time working in the music industry, and was absolutely floored by the brother's/warp's attention to detail, and providing such a unique event for devoted fans (especially after I described the context leading up to it). So while it was obviously an extremely exciting experience for us long time fans, I was happy to hear that it had a similar impact on someone who was new to them. Currently burning her cd's of all the albums for her car rides now, at her request.

Friendly Stranger
thingsthingsthings wrote:
rolandspaceecho wrote:

My girlfriend and I drove out last second and had an amazing experience, I just wish I could share it with more people. It's kind of sad when no one else will get as excited about something as you are.(

I convinced my wife to drive out with me, who has never been a BOC fan. Not that she dislikes their music, but I think she's always been pretty ambivalent; and most of my obsessions with their work and late nights staring out the window with a glass of bourbon listening to Geogaddi in the dark were met with consistent eye-rolling.

For the sake of spontaneity, she wanted to check it out, and it instantly converted her into a huge fan. Not only was she really moved by the music, but by the entire event. The aesthetic of the space, the relationship of the journey out there to the album, the emotional pull of the songs juxtaposed to the scenery. She has spent a lot of time working in the music industry, and was absolutely floored by the brother's/warp's attention to detail, and providing such a unique event for devoted fans (especially after I described the context leading up to it). So while it was obviously an extremely exciting experience for us long time fans, I was happy to hear that it had a similar impact on someone who was new to them. Currently burning her cd's of all the albums for her car rides now, at her request.

That's awesome! I'm glad you both had such a great time! And yeah, I talked to the Warp London guy for a few minutes afterwards and it sounded like they'd gone to a lot of trouble to make it special for everyone involved.

Friendly Stranger
softfokus wrote:well said. i always have to remind myself how lucky we are these days.

i like the way louis c.k. puts it too.

"I had to sit on the runway for 40 minutes.' Oh my god, really? What happened then, did you fly through the air like a bird, incredibly? Did you soar into the clouds, impossibly? Did you partake in the miracle of human flight and then land softly on giant tires that you couldn't even conceive how they f**king put air in them?...You're sitting in a chair in the sky. You're like a Greek myth right now."

I almost linked to that bit in the thread when everyone was complaining about UStream. :)

Dayvan Cowboy
to hell with ustream and Nintendo.

Boqurant
creativeowlet wrote:My video with the good audio from Paul is uploading to youtube now. Will be available here in about an hour. http://youtu.be/t6G8gViaoVg

Its up! Thanks again to Paul for the great audio.

Posts Quantity
creativeowlet wrote:
creativeowlet wrote:My video with the good audio from Paul is uploading to youtube now. Will be available here in about an hour. http://youtu.be/t6G8gViaoVg

Its up! Thanks again to Paul for the great audio.

Nice! Many thanks!

I've gathered some forum posts with impressions of the listening event here:

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Tomorrow%27s_Harvest_Viral_Marketing_Campaign#Forum

Boqurant
Fredd-E wrote:I've gathered some forum posts with impressions of the listening event here:

Nice! If you could kindly change the video of mine you linked to the new version with HQ audio if you haven't already, id appreciate it

creativeowlet wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:I've gathered some forum posts with impressions of the listening event here:

Nice! If you could kindly change the video of mine you linked to the new version with HQ audio if you haven't already, id appreciate it
Been there, done that. A while ago. ;-)

Boqurant
Fredd-E wrote:
creativeowlet wrote:

Been there, done that. A while ago. ;-)

:lol: hahahaha you rock. Thank you!

Posts Quantity
i wonder if the dude who posted his full name and uploaded the full listening party to youtube will be sued.

i'm also thinking BoC isn't concerned about it being an alternative to a sale, but rather, taking the wind out of their sails by listening to a shotty windy copy and spoiling the experience

Dayvan Cowboy
everythingyoudoisorange wrote:i wonder if the dude who posted his full name and uploaded the full listening party to youtube will be sued.

i'm also thinking BoC isn't concerned about it being an alternative to a sale, but rather, taking the wind out of their sails by listening to a shotty windy copy and spoiling the experience

dont over think it dude....youll pop a tube.

Posts Quantity
I'm not as angry as other people though, I mean the obvious decision is to just not listen to it :D

Friendly Stranger
everythingyoudoisorange wrote:i wonder if the dude who posted his full name and uploaded the full listening party to youtube will be sued.

It was just a request, I'm not sure there was any kind of oral contract there. - I mean, I'm pretty sure there wasn't.

Eagle Minded

I seemed to have missed this.

I'm guessing this video was removed?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada