May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
Fredd-E wrote:I've gathered some forum posts with impressions of the listening event here:

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Tomorrow%27s_Harvest_Viral_Marketing_Campaign#Forum

Would you like any more photos for the page? I snapped some of the park, the dead trees, the clouds, etc, while the album was playing (I was kind of hyper with excitement). It would be really awesome to share them with more people, since apparently no one I know (except one friend) is as excited about the whole event as I was/am...

Anyway, everyone seemed to be taking pictures, so I'm sure there are a million shots of it. I posted mine in this thread today or yesterday, but no one seemed interested. But if you want some for anything, I've got a couple dozen shots I'd love to share.

Boqurant
Vostok wrote:
I seemed to have missed this.

I'm guessing this video was removed?

Yep.

rolandspaceecho wrote:
Would you like any more photos for the page? I snapped some of the park, the dead trees, the clouds, etc, while the album was playing (I was kind of hyper with excitement). It would be really awesome to share them with more people, since apparently no one I know (except one friend) is as excited about the whole event as I was/am...

Anyway, everyone seemed to be taking pictures, so I'm sure there are a million shots of it. I posted mine in this thread today or yesterday, but no one seemed interested. But if you want some for anything, I've got a couple dozen shots I'd love to share.

More is never a bad thing! I saw your pics i believe just didnt have a moment to comment on them.

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm really disappointed I didn't make this event. :(

Posts Quantity
They make a good lamp as well.....

Boqurant
creativeowlet wrote:Heres my video. I need sleep. Ill be back later today. I really hope you all enjoy!

http://youtu.be/bmRJRiNF7J4

that's me in the front in the green and white plaid! <3 <3 <3

Eagle Minded
Even with Paul's (many thanks, btw) recording, RFTD sounds so much better in the official release. I am super pumped to hear the real thing.

Boqurant
Helios wrote:Even with Paul's (many thanks, btw) recording, RFTD sounds so much better in the official release. I am super pumped to hear the real thing.

Agreed. There is no comparison to the real thing. I'm dying for the album to drop so all of the songs that are stuck in my head can finally have a relisten

Eagle Minded
creativeowlet wrote:
Helios wrote:Even with Paul's (many thanks, btw) recording, RFTD sounds so much better in the official release. I am super pumped to hear the real thing.

Agreed. There is no comparison to the real thing. I'm dying for the album to drop so all of the songs that are stuck in my head can finally have a relisten

I know - I can't get White Cyclosa or Cold Earth (haven't listened to Gemini) out of my head and I can't take it anymore.

Boqurant
Paul, I scrubbed through the video a bit [don't wanna ruin the album for myself too much haha] but I just wanted to say thanks for doing that for the community man, very cool of you and everyone greatly appreciates it.

Eagle Minded
Helios wrote:
creativeowlet wrote:

I know - I can't get White Cyclosa or Cold Earth (haven't listened to Gemini) out of my head and I can't take it anymore.

You speak the truth. Oh and listen to Gemini, you gotta lol.

So good

Friendly Stranger
I did some "flying" around yermo, trying to see if i could spot the areas Reach for the Dead was filmed lol: http://i.imgur.com/vjoeyO4.jpg

Boqurant
thinkdontpray wrote: Oh and listen to Gemini, you gotta lol.

So good

Speaking of which... Here's a phone video of a chunk of Gemini http://youtu.be/H7fUp32VRwA should be up soon. 8)

Eagle Minded
Impossible Geometry wrote:Paul, I scrubbed through the video a bit [don't wanna ruin the album for myself too much haha] but I just wanted to say thanks for doing that for the community man, very cool of you and everyone greatly appreciates it.

you are so very welcome. for all those who do not wish to ruin it i understand 100%. for the few who were there, it might be a little different now that its cycling through my mind. the flood gates are open and i cant stop listening to it.

i was thinking about that all day today. the 'imperfect' sound (perhaps 'organic' is a better term) of this wonderful event for me, actually added to the experience. the breath of the desert - the wind - was really blowing, superb heat affected air density and sound travel too, the amazing energy in the air - it all swirled together. imperfect to be sure! that in itself was very BOC for me. does that sound weird?

i cannot wait for my download on release day (and subsequent hard copy) with headphones, studio quality polish, and a cibi with two fingers of Laphroaig. i might even crack open my mint antique pack of Boyards and smoke one. but i suspect in time, i will occasionally reflect on "The Day in the Desert" from time to time and listen to this version to change it up. 'a stranger' as it were. :wink:

huge respect to all of you who are holding out for that pristine first listen. come on back later - the link will always be there.
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Boqurant
paul wrote:
Impossible Geometry wrote:Paul, I scrubbed through the video a bit [don't wanna ruin the album for myself too much haha] but I just wanted to say thanks for doing that for the community man, very cool of you and everyone greatly appreciates it.

you are so very welcome. for all those who do not wish to ruin it i understand 100%. for the few who were there, it might be a little different now that its cycling through my mind. the flood gates are open and i cant stop listening to it.

i was thinking about that all day today. the 'imperfect' sound (perhaps 'organic' is a better term) of this wonderful event for me, actually added to the experience. the breath of the desert - the wind - was really blowing, superb heat affected air density and sound travel too, the amazing energy in the air - it all swirled together. imperfect to be sure! that in itself was very BOC for me. does that sound weird?

i cannot wait for my download on release day (and subsequent hard copy) with headphones, studio quality polish, and a cibi with two fingers of Laphroaig. i might even crack open my mint antique pack of Boyards and smoke one. but i suspect in time, i will occasionally reflect on "The Day in the Desert" from time to time and listen to this version to change it up. 'a stranger' as it were. :wink:

huge respect to all of you who are holding out for that pristine first listen. come on back later - the link will always be there.

I couldn't have said it better myself, Impossible Geometry, or Paul.

Before the listening day party I said to my friends (who were and still are largely apathetic) that I wanted to listen to this album out in the desert for the first time. I can't believe it actually happened. When it's released I want to drive back out to the desert, to Afton Cayon at exit 221, just up the road from Lake Dolores and listen to it as loud as I can possibly play it in the middle of fuck nowhere. Listening Party take 2 anyone?

I too have been listening to my audio non stop. Cant wait for the album. It's so, so, so, so good. SO good. My audio of it also has the imprint of the desert, my camera clicking from making the time lapse (sounds kinda like the clicking in kind for today but slower) and those two small children that were there screaming - at a super dark moment and never any other time to boot. It's absolutely beautiful and perfect and unique. I can't even fathom that I was a part of this. Thank you BOC. On the off chance you happen to read this. Seriously. Thanks.

Eagle Minded
kennychiwa147 wrote:
creativeowlet wrote:Heres my video. I need sleep. Ill be back later today. I really hope you all enjoy!

http://youtu.be/bmRJRiNF7J4

that's me in the front in the green and white plaid! <3 <3 <3

right on kennychiwa147 ... i liked your initial thoughts - spot on!
i was shooting to your right on the tripod. i looked over my shoulder often and your crew was putting out a seriously nice vibe. glad to have shared this day with you guys.
- George Orwell

Posts Quantity
Mexicola wrote:
Opothecary wrote:
MindElevation wrote:
tonx wrote:Image

What a douchebag. Shame.

On a more positive note, creativeowlet, your video is awesome! Good work!

That picture of "Cody Burkhardt" perfectly embodies the pure douchebaggery of today's youth. Parents, don't name your kids Cody. This guy should stick to Skrillex.

:lol:

I concur, for what it's worth. A prize prick and no mistake.

At least we have a good comeback if he doesn't like the angry fans' responses "Please, you knew it was going to happen"

Eagle Minded
SpaceCase wrote:I did some "flying" around yermo, trying to see if i could spot the areas Reach for the Dead was filmed lol: http://i.imgur.com/vjoeyO4.jpg

video game simulator? if so thats pretty realistic.
- George Orwell

Sherbet Head
I get the feeling that he meant "Hello, Free marketing" for himself and his youtube cred.

That's the trouble with youth nowadays is that they measure themselves in "likes" and Ytube Hits.

*old man syndrome*
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
paul wrote:
IronMark wrote:I've completely lost track of this thread since last night - did the first three tracks from the listening party ever get uploaded in higher quality, windless versions? :lol:

they just did.
apologies for the confusion earlier - sleep deprivation.

three full tracks with the good audio ... enjoy everybody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjMANIDR ... e=youtu.be

Superb audio quality! Everything is so much clearer! Thanks so much, everyone at Twoism loves you! :D
member of pablo col.
https://www.pacol.bandcamp.com

Posts Quantity
paul wrote:
IronMark wrote:I've completely lost track of this thread since last night - did the first three tracks from the listening party ever get uploaded in higher quality, windless versions? :lol:

they just did.
apologies for the confusion earlier - sleep deprivation.

three full tracks with the good audio ... enjoy everybody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjMANIDR ... e=youtu.be

Fantastic. Thanks for the hard work! I know it takes a lot, and I hope you were able to soak it all in simultaneously.

Also, every time I spot myself I'm in a different area. I just couldn't sit still!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada