May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:
Opothecary wrote:
MindElevation wrote:
tonx wrote:Image

What a douchebag. Shame.

On a more positive note, creativeowlet, your video is awesome! Good work!

That picture of "Cody Burkhardt" perfectly embodies the pure douchebaggery of today's youth. Parents, don't name your kids Cody. This guy should stick to Skrillex.

:lol:

I concur, for what it's worth. A prize prick and no mistake.

Says it all really.

Boqurant
WeHadNormality wrote:
Mexicola wrote:
Opothecary wrote:
MindElevation wrote:

What a douchebag. Shame.

That picture of "Cody Burkhardt" perfectly embodies the pure douchebaggery of today's youth. Parents, don't name your kids Cody. This guy should stick to Skrillex.

Says it all really.

This guy is pretty dumb to do all of this under his real name. Makes it a lot easier for a content provider to sue him for infringement. Ordinarily they have name a doe defendant based upon an IP and then subpoena to get the name from the ISP.

Posts Quantity
best to forget him no? just a daft young man who didn't get with the spirit of the event. his recordings will be obsolete soon.

Eagle Minded
holy sweet baby jesus on a tricycle

thank you thank you creative and paul. you guys didnt disappoint.

Posts Quantity
paul wrote:
three full tracks with the good audio ... enjoy everybody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjMANIDR ... e=youtu.be

good quality... thanks for that!

Boqurant
thinkdontpray wrote:holy sweet baby jesus on a tricycle

Good to know. Youre very welcome. Ill get around to posting my thoughts of the album and experience as well as a version of my video with pauls audio at some point soon. Until then suffice it to say 10/10. And i do not give out 10's.

Eagle Minded
I'm not sure why anyone would be offended at the adverse reaction to someone who blatantly broke the bands wishes?

This is a group of people that believe passionately about a fantastic band, and to be treated to such a unique event is just awesome. We've got some people, like Tonx, who brought us what he could as it was happening...and now we have Paul and creativeowlet posting absolutely amazing work...and in many ways just to be undermined by some stodge that the majority would have LOVED to have switched places with if he couldn't act appropriately.

It's not like this was a request from Warp even, it was from the BROTHERS themselves! Whether it's expected or not for something like this to happen...IT SHOULDN'T BE. You were treated to a free listen to a brand new album as a gesture of good faith and you did a piss poor job of both representing it AND respecting the bands wishes.

That qualifies you as a bonafide douche nozzle that didn't deserve to experience what you did.

/rant
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Posts Quantity
drixlin wrote:I'm not sure why anyone would be offended at the adverse reaction to someone who blatantly broke the bands wishes?

That qualifies you as a bonafide douche nozzle that didn't deserve to experience what you did.

/rant

I agree with you, he is a "bonafide douche nozzle"... but it's not fair to stalk him on the internet and get personal about it - it's bullying and it's really not fair, he's just an over excited kid growing up in 2013. :)

Oh and i also like Skrillex.
Last edited by nickb523 on Wed May 29, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:
Opothecary wrote:
MindElevation wrote:

What a douchebag. Shame.

a FuckFace Von Clownstick for sure

Eagle Minded
nickb523 wrote:
drixlin wrote:I'm not sure why anyone would be offended at the adverse reaction to someone who blatantly broke the bands wishes?

/rant

... but it's not fair to stalk him on the internet and get personal about it - it's bullying and it's really not fair

This is 100% true. I'm certainly not advocating harassment!

HOWEVER, if this guy is going to hide behind "get with the times, it's bound to happen" it's a rights and responsibilities thing right? He has the RIGHT to post what he wants, BUT the responsibility arm of that is what he will get when he pisses people off. Is it right? No. Is it deserved? Well, what did he expect? :twisted:
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Posts Quantity
drixlin wrote:
HOWEVER, if this guy is going to hide behind "get with the times, it's bound to happen" it's a rights and responsibilities thing right? He has the RIGHT to post what he wants, BUT the responsibility arm of that is what he will get when he pisses people off. Is it right? No. Is it deserved? Well, what did he expect? :twisted:

He doesn't appear to be thinking about it all that deeply. It's not calculated.

I'm honestly ok with a bit of jive on youtube comments or something, it's the personal shit that really bothers me.

But anyway... Warp already sorted it so we dont have to.

Sick Times. ;)

Eagle Minded
nickb523 wrote:Sick Times. ;)

Indeed :D

Eagle Minded
alright guys lets forgive and forget about whats his nuts over there who posted the whole album and focus on the great job that paul and creative and tonx did for us.

white cyclosa is a real serious earworm...i cant get it out of my head. it sort of reminds me of a christ track from metamorphic reproduction miracle. i was trying to figure out which one but i seem to have lost the album and its not for sale on itunes oddly enough.

its like the boys stumbled across a pile of old reel tapes that contained john carpenter outtakes and they took them, pieced them together and made the album around the clips

im also getting a heavy disintegration loops vibe from cyclosa as well

Eagle Minded
creativeowlet wrote:
thinkdontpray wrote:holy sweet baby jesus on a tricycle

Good to know. Youre very welcome. Ill get around to posting my thoughts of the album and experience as well as a version of my video with pauls audio at some point soon. Until then suffice it to say 10/10. And i do not give out 10's.

thank you so much for your kind words everyone.
i think i stretched 3 minutes of non-trailer footage to the limit. :wink:

thank you J (creative owl). i don't think there is a number i can give for your talent - your time-lapse settings were immaculate. utterly breath-taking. you will likely be receiving a private transmission to do the authorized BOC biography for Nat Geo channel soon.

i keep remembering in the car still an hour away - my buddy said 'there are 89 pages in the thread!' ... from 36 just a couple hours earlier. i got chills. i would say in my humble estimation that this was the greatest ever use of social media. literally brought us all together. big thank you tonx for leading the way and selflessly using your body as a dolly rig to bring us the live stream. i had to take a break and smile as you walked very carefully in an arc around the crowd - must have looked cool for the online attendees. a real team player.
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

paul wrote:
IronMark wrote:I've completely lost track of this thread since last night - did the first three tracks from the listening party ever get uploaded in higher quality, windless versions? :lol:

they just did.
apologies for the confusion earlier - sleep deprivation.

three full tracks with the good audio ... enjoy everybody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjMANIDR ... e=youtu.be

superb video!

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Tomorrow%27s_H ... gn#turk242

Do you have any website I can link to for credit?

Boqurant
paul wrote:
thank you so much for your kind words everyone.
i think i stretched 3 minutes of non-trailer footage to the limit. :wink:

thank you J (creative owl). i don't think there is a number i can give for your talent - your time-lapse settings were immaculate. utterly breath-taking. you will likely be receiving a private transmission to do the authorized BOC biography for Nat Geo channel soon.

Are you serious!?!:shock: or are you being facetious? I would die a thousand deaths for that opportunity.

I havent been able to watch yours yet but im sure its great! Im glad im not the only source for this stuff.

Posts Quantity
thinkdontpray wrote:white cyclosa is a real serious earworm...i cant get it out of my head. it sort of reminds me of a christ track from metamorphic reproduction miracle. i was trying to figure out which one but i seem to have lost the album and its not for sale on itunes oddly enough.

Mr. Christ has all of his albums up for download for crazy cheap: http://christmusic.bandcamp.com/
He recently put up all of his old deadstock Benbecula label vinyl up for sale then less for asking, doesn't look like much is left though. /tangent

Dayvan Cowboy
MrMessiah wrote:Well, I won't be listening to the full album till its out.

with you on that. gonna hold out to hear it proper.

Posts Quantity
thingsthingsthings wrote:
Mr. Christ has all of his albums up for download for crazy cheap: http://christmusic.bandcamp.com/
He recently put up all of his old deadstock Benbecula label vinyl up for sale then less for asking, doesn't look like much is left though. /tangent

i'm a big fan... super cheap too.

cheers Chris. :)

Site Admin
paul wrote:i keep remembering in the car still an hour away - my buddy said 'there are 89 pages in the thread!' ... from 36 just a couple hours earlier. i got chills. i would say in my humble estimation that this was the greatest ever use of social media. literally brought us all together. big thank you tonx for leading the way and selflessly using your body as a dolly rig to bring us the live stream. i had to take a break and smile as you walked very carefully in an arc around the crowd - must have looked cool for the online attendees. a real team player.

Couldn't have said it any better!

It's kind of frustrating to me that only the true fans know the significance of this event. The board is a great way to share and mirror thoughts. There is noone in my real life with whom I can share my enthusiasm about all of this.

I'm overly thankful to Tonx for being our eyes and ears. Without him and the social media we would not have been part of the event like we were now. Although I was on the other side of the earth I really felt the whole happening (even more when twoism got mentioned ;)).
Isn't it amazing that someone with a small plastic box with some "wires" in it, on the other side of the planet, is able to show us what he sees??

Btw, someone with some video editing skills should put the audio of Paul (thanks man!) under the Tonx video.
Life is a Frequency

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada