May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
creativeowlet wrote:Ive got semi-good audio and hd video for the first four tracks. The first three tracks are on my tripod, the last track has footage shot in and around the waterpark and the local area. Im tempted to release the four track video as a whole. But we were specifically asked to not record HQ audio of anything after 3, and the very LAST thing i want is to run afoul of BOC. But my audio isnt HQ, just an iphone recording - but there is no wind. What do I do twoism? Release the three track video or the four tonight? Or maybe the three now, and the four when he album drops?

Basically there is a fine line between what is acceptable in terms of sharing this event to the world and what we were intended to do. I dont want to cross that line, and if i do the warp guys have my info and ill gladly take everything/anything down. I dont want to have to even have that conversation though.

I'm not going to tell you what to do, all I'll say is that if it was me I would release just the first three for now. It's not as if Warp have been dicks about people recording more than three, it was more of a polite request and, again just speaking for myself, I'd adhere to it. I certainly won't criticise you if you upload all four but I'd love to hear a windless version of whatever you put up so many thanks in advance whatever you decide :D

Eagle Minded
IronMark wrote:
creativeowlet wrote:Ive got semi-good audio and hd video for the first four tracks. The first three tracks are on my tripod, the last track has footage shot in and around the waterpark and the local area. Im tempted to release the four track video as a whole. But we were specifically asked to not record HQ audio of anything after 3, and the very LAST thing i want is to run afoul of BOC. But my audio isnt HQ, just an iphone recording - but there is no wind. What do I do twoism? Release the three track video or the four tonight? Or maybe the three now, and the four when he album drops?

Basically there is a fine line between what is acceptable in terms of sharing this event to the world and what we were intended to do. I dont want to cross that line, and if i do the warp guys have my info and ill gladly take everything/anything down. I dont want to have to even have that conversation though.

I'm not going to tell you what to do, all I'll say is that if it was me I would release just the first three for now. It's not as if Warp have been dicks about people recording more than three, it was more of a polite request and, again just speaking for myself, I'd adhere to it. I certainly won't criticise you if you upload all four but I'd love to hear a windless version of whatever you put up so many thanks in advance whatever you decide :D

Agreed. It's not like they made us sign a non-disclosure agreement like the journalists did, but if you care about the band's wishes, you will wait until the release to post those things. After all we're only a couple weeks away from the date. I have video from the other two cuts at the beginning, but am holding off on posting them until June 10.
I hope this record will sell well and provide for their livelihood for a good long time and encourage them to keep at it. They may get some great licensing revenue from it as well.

Posts Quantity

It seems that Warp is fine with people sharing recorded versions of the first three tracks only. Me and many others would really appreciate it if you upload the first three tracks. It's your choice to upload anything after track three, but I know I won't be listening to anything Warp/BoC doesn't want me to at this time.

Posts Quantity
was great to watch this unfold... props to whoever thought it all up - it's a really nice gesture to the fanbase. :)

Friendly Stranger
Thanks for the vid Synthetrix, and awesome pics Group Hex!

One detail that I'm not sure has been mentioned yet is that the classic-BoC-intro-synth to the record store day easter egg vinyls is faintly heard as one of the last songs fades out (maybe 3rd or 4th to last track? Anyone remember which one?).

Boqurant
Macro Micro wrote:Thanks for the vid Synthetrix, and awesome pics Group Hex!

One detail that I'm not sure has been mentioned yet is that the classic-BoC-intro-synth to the record store day easter egg vinyls is faintly heard as one of the last songs fades out (maybe 3rd or 4th to last track? Anyone remember which one?).

New Seeds.

Posts Quantity
can i just say i really love that pretty much everyone here is respecting the band's wishes by only revealing the first three tracks?

Posts Quantity

I'd post the three track now and the four track version after the album releases. I have a feeling warp documented the whole event, and that way they can document it fully after the album drops. i'd do it just out of respect if not for any other reason. a lot of thought went into that event, and they did so knowing that somebody easily could have recorded the whole thing and released it straight away. that was nice of them.

Friendly Stranger
Cool, thanks Platrix :D

I was glad there were some tots at the gathering--since this album doesn't have any children samples it was a nostalgic touch to hear them in the background every once in a while. So great to see the age spread too, BoC music really is timeless.

Sherbet Head
give us the first 4 minus the 2nd, so we're really only hearing 3.
we'll find the missing 2nd elsewhere :wink:

thats a trick statement, ignore me :lol:

Eagle Minded
id release HQ audio of the first three songs for sure even though we've already heard RFTD. but because BoC have been so good to us we should return the favor

i had a dream last night that there was a listening party at the top of te CN Tower in Toronto. the boys were there and i smoked a bowl with them while standing on the outside portion of the tower (those that have been there know what I'm talking about) we then jumped off without any parachutes and landed in this massive hexagon shaped airbag that had BoC in black on it.

yeah I know lol

New Seed
thepastinsidepressant wrote:give us the first 4 minus the 2nd, so we're really only hearing 3.

it was tempting to record the entire session, but i figured an iphone recording would be totally bullocks..so i had decided not to record anything at all..was much better that way

Boqurant
euue wrote:can i just say i really love that pretty much everyone here is respecting the band's wishes by only revealing the first three tracks?

Yeah, I'd be really pleased if the whole album didn't leak out early as a result of BoC/Warp doing something cool for some of the die hard fans.

Eagle Minded
Also the love that has been flowing on this board has been a big help for me as I'm going through a lot of shit in my personal life to the point where I actually wrote up a pros and cons of suicide. Not that I could ever do it because the cons heavily outweighed the pros and I'm not saying this to get any pity sympathy. I'm saying it because the stuff that's been happening with this board and its members has energized me with positivity and love. So thank you all for that

Best forum ever.

Boqurant
dubprocess wrote:
thepastinsidepressant wrote:give us the first 4 minus the 2nd, so we're really only hearing 3.

it was tempting to record the entire session, but i figured an iphone recording would be totally bullocks..so i had decided not to record anything at all..was much better that way

It was a much easier decision to turn everything off being as other than setting a general scene of posterity (1-2 minutes of video) the whole experience was audio only. I am however wanting to hear the tracks again already...

Friendly Stranger
dubprocess wrote:

Same here, but the guy who asked me/everyone else to only record the first three tracks was so nice about it I didn't want to put him in a tough spot. He mentioned the band originally didn't want any recordings, but probably understood that was a bit too much to ask from us inter web kidos :P

For those desperately looking for leaks, honestly 2 weeks is not too far away, and you'll be glad to hear the album in high fidelity (it's production perfection!). It'd be different if it was live/them playing unreleased tracks, but you'll hear what we heard very soon.

I have an iPhone recording of the first 1.5 songs, but was too big to upload to tumblr. I'll try and get it up on youtube now, but it may be redundant with what's already out there/about to come out.
Last edited by Macro Micro on Tue May 28, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Seed
PlatrixECV wrote:
dubprocess wrote:

It was a much easier decision to turn everything off being as other than setting a general scene of posterity (1-2 minutes of video) the whole experience was audio only. I am however wanting to hear the tracks again already...

you will be able to hear the tracks again..and it will be amazing

Friendly Stranger
thinkdontpray wrote:Also the love that has been flowing on this board has been a big help for me as I'm going through a lot of shit in my personal life to the point where I actually wrote up a pros and cons of suicide. Not that I could ever do it because the cons heavily outweighed the pros and I'm not saying this to get any pity sympathy. I'm saying it because the stuff that's been happening with this board and its members has energized me with positivity and love. So thank you all for that

Best forum ever.

Don't worry bud, I'm sure we've all had many dark, long nights such as you described; you're not alone. Glad you're on the up, keep up the good fight!

Sherbet Head
thinkdontpray wrote:Also the love that has been flowing on this board has been a big help for me as I'm going through a lot of shit in my personal life to the point where I actually wrote up a pros and cons of suicide. Not that I could ever do it because the cons heavily outweighed the pros and I'm not saying this to get any pity sympathy. I'm saying it because the stuff that's been happening with this board and its members has energized me with positivity and love. So thank you all for that

Best forum ever.

Keep yr chin up. You can PM me if you ever need to. I've been there before too. I've been going through some rough stuff lately too, and this whole campaign and hanging out on here has been a bright spot for me. I know a lot of people (not so much on here) have been really cynical about all the hype, but I don't really care about all that. It's been fun, and we have a new album to look forward to!
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Eagle Minded
thanks folks i know im not special when it comes to life beating you over and over again in the head. but it's really good to share, i truly feel as if this community is a family. this music has brought is together and has become a daily part of our lives.

i really wish the brothers would do an AMA in the future. i just have so many questions and so many compliments for them and it would really be something to acknowledge them

oh and rainier, is that you in your profile pic? ive wondered that for a bit now

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada