May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Helicoid wrote:
thinkdontpray wrote:dude set the video to private!

maybe his conscience kicked in

or mdg is super fast haha

Good. It will save all of us from temptation.

and deliver us from evil... amen

Eagle Minded
Good, the person removed the whole album video off of youtube. I was pissed, dude.
MUSIC 70 IN THE HOUSE

Boqurant
PlacentaSand wrote:Good, the person removed the whole album video off of youtube. I was pissed, dude.

A little group Outrage! can go a long way.

Friendly Stranger
I for one am glad that link to the full album has been deactivated. Hope it stays down.

Boqurant
coffeeandtv wrote:I for one am glad that link to the full album has been deactivated. Hope it stays down.

The representative from Warp at the listening party mentioned that the brothers themselves asked for nothing past the third song to be recorded...I hope their request is respected, although it may be tempting...

Posts Quantity
nostalgic about yesterday https://vine.co/v/bVlnMwje1Zr (spoiler: 6 sec loop)

Posts Quantity
looks like the whole thing has been posted again by the same user, this time as separate tracks.

Friendly Stranger
Argh, i would have totally driven down there overnight from the San Francisco bay area (Santa Cruz) if i wouldn't of had so much damned homework/papers to do that day (or i would have done them earlier if i got a notice of more than just a day).

I is sads i missed it. After i saw that announcement, i spent that evening looking at google maps and just researching the area. I want to take a roadtrip down there now (in the middle of nowhere, who cares it seems awesome) while listening to TH.

Dayvan Cowboy
I listened to the recording that shuts off at new seeds. I can't deny it haha. I think it sounds beautiful and now I'm just really excited for my CD and vinyl to arrive. Collapse sounds like the most beautiful song.... Yeah, I'm excited.

Boqurant
agreed, I'm quite excited by it now too. I'm not "blown away", but quite intrigued by, and happy with, what I've heard. One thing I like is the open spaces, I'm glad the album isn't claustrophobic like Geogaddi. I do wish some of the tracks went on longer, could easily be a 70-something min album.

Dayvan Cowboy
Holy shit I can't St op listening to collapse. Its so beautiful. And that's in shitey quality. So excited, I think I will wet myself when I hear it right.

Eagle Minded
it would be really awesome if no one else posts anything from the listening party.

we know how to use youtube if we so desire

theres a wicked thunderstorm rolling through and i have gemini cranked as i drag away on my vaporizer.

oh yes, life right now is very good

Posts Quantity
3.15.12.4 5.1.18.20.8 = amazing!
:wink:

Eagle Minded
thinkdontpray wrote:
paul wrote:
Helicoid wrote:Not to be ungrateful or anything but the vid only goes to RFTD, which is only 2 songs. Good quality though!

i hear you guys but i was tapped on the shoulder by Josh and then he asked to stop recording - at the BEGINNING of the very next track after RFTD. My guess is the intro/fanfare was considered one track as well? kinda marginal i know ... but i was just being polite and would rather err on the side of caution. certainly don't want to be BOC enemy #1. sorry to disappoint guys ... but i did as he said and cut it in the beginning of the next track.

no need to apologize, you provided the best quality version of gemini yet and that is a real amazing treat. thanks again dude

ok - some good news gang. looks like the guy who tapped my shoulder after SONG 2 was someone else telling me to lay off the peyote.

i was sitting here thinking WTF ... i did this right, am i nuts? i know i am outta my mind beat right now but i try to be sharp when it comes to the button pushing and knob twiddling.

so i popped in my recording to sit back, closed my eyes, and enjoy (despite the confusion). then i noticed he doesn't come up til the track AFTER the track AFTER RFTD. i realized in all my psychotic stupor last night around 4am, that when i used a special program to sync up ALL audio tracks (PluralEyes) i had selected a merge that left out a portion / blah blah blah ... i fucked up, i am just making silly mistakes now. going on 2 hours sleep in 48.

short story long ... track THREE is on the way. if there are any Synergy/ Larry Fast fans - White Cyclosa is for you. I absolutely love it.

holy shit i need sleep. rendering, hang on everyone.
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

New Seed
oh shoot, nice catch!

Boqurant
paul wrote:
thinkdontpray wrote:
paul wrote:
Helicoid wrote:Not to be ungrateful or anything but the vid only goes to RFTD, which is only 2 songs. Good quality though!

i hear you guys but i was tapped on the shoulder by Josh and then he asked to stop recording - at the BEGINNING of the very next track after RFTD. My guess is the intro/fanfare was considered one track as well? kinda marginal i know ... but i was just being polite and would rather err on the side of caution. certainly don't want to be BOC enemy #1. sorry to disappoint guys ... but i did as he said and cut it in the beginning of the next track.

no need to apologize, you provided the best quality version of gemini yet and that is a real amazing treat. thanks again dude

ok - some good news gang. looks like the guy who tapped my shoulder after SONG 2 was someone else telling me to lay off the peyote.

i was sitting here thinking WTF ... i did this right, am i nuts? i know i am outta my mind beat right now but i try to be sharp when it comes to the button pushing and knob twiddling.

so i popped in my recording to sit back, closed my eyes, and enjoy (despite the confusion). then i noticed he doesn't come up til the track AFTER the track AFTER RFTD. i realized in all my psychotic stupor last night around 4am, that when i used a special program to sync up ALL audio tracks (PluralEyes) i had selected a merge that left out a portion / blah blah blah ... i fucked up, i am just making silly mistakes now. going on 2 hours sleep in 48.

short story long ... track THREE is on the way. if there are any Synergy/ Larry Fast fans - White Cyclosa is for you. I absolutely love it.

holy shit i need sleep. rendering, hang on everyone.

I also need sleep badly. Rendering is hell. Havent had a chance to look at your video yet but i eagerly await it. Mine should be done and uploaded by 4 or 5am pdt with any luck.

Eagle Minded
creativeowlet wrote:I also need sleep badly. Rendering is hell. Havent had a chance to look at your video yet but i eagerly await it. Mine should be done and uploaded by 4 or 5am pdt with any luck.

keep at it Jack, really looking forward to seeing what you have put together. taking your time paid off ... some nit went and posted the full dealio - using shit sound. kinda ruins it for those of us who played fair. take your time and let me know if you need anything else. did you get the H4N audio files i sent to your dropbox?
- George Orwell

Boqurant
paul wrote:
creativeowlet wrote:I also need sleep badly. Rendering is hell. Havent had a chance to look at your video yet but i eagerly await it. Mine should be done and uploaded by 4 or 5am pdt with any luck.

keep at it Jack, really looking forward to seeing what you have put together. taking your time paid off ... some nit went and posted the full dealio - using shit sound. kinda ruins it for those of us who played fair. take your time and let me know if you need anything else. did you get the H4N audio files i sent to your dropbox?

Aww really? Who would do that? Ffs. Thats a real downer.

And thank you! Ive been going non stop and I think itll show... In a good way. It will mean a lot if the last 36 hours were not for nothing. Im half terrified warp will ask me to take it down.

I have not gotten the audio, actually. Id really appreciate it for my edit if i could. If youve looked at any of the rough stuff on drop box then I hope youre half as excited as I am to see this thing finished.

Eagle Minded
you guys are so golden you know that right?

the fact that you got to experience something like this and want to share it so badly with the rest of us just goes to show what BoC fans are really like at the core

whatever you upload and whenever you get to it is just icing on the cake now

mmm icing

Eagle Minded
thinkdontpray wrote:you guys are so golden you know that right?

the fact that you got to experience something like this and want to share it so badly with the rest of us just goes to show what BoC fans are really like at the core

whatever you upload and whenever you get to it is just icing on the cake now

mmm icing

mmm caaake!

thanks thinkdontpray - its literally for the fine folks here at Twoism just like yourself. its also my own way to show some appreciation. i am still pretty jacked up from last night but feeling like a semi-nutter as well. watching this damned beach ball spin on my mac as i render the new video makes me wanna punch babies. but i refrain because thats not nice and its all for love anyway! :)

still gonna be a while - but i think it was worth the wait and that you will like the additional track! i find it rather delicious.
- George Orwell

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada