May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
ryetronics wrote:
re-phaelam-ed wrote:
thingsthingsthings wrote:
euue wrote:i knew that was gonna happen but i was hoping it wouldn't :/
i'm gonna just skip this youtube

yeah. sort of a bummer; i think it might make future events like this more unlikely. alas.

i wouldnt worry about that. technology is unstoppable. someone will always get in there somewhere.
if not craftily, then planted to make it seem that way.

unless someone can plug into the source, the recording you're gonna get wont be nearly as good as the real thing. and bottom line, you dont have to click on the link. you can show some restraint and just wait. its not gonna change anything if you hear it a few days earlier. well actually.....it will. you will have dulled your first listen of the actual release.

not sure why everyone needs to get the stuff before theyre supposed to get it.
"good things come....."

you waited 8 years. whats a few more freakin days.

If you put a cookie in front of a child and then tell them to wait 5 minutes and they'll get a better cookie, they'll always eat what's in front of them and wait expectantly for the better one. Human nature is all it is.

With that being said, I clicked before realizing what it was, clicked ahead in the video about 10 times at 3 seconds intervals and then closed the tab like I'd been caught red-handed. The urges are so strong!

heh...well i was one of those kids that easily would pass up the marshmallow [the test was with marshmallows] just so that i would get rewarded with a second one.

i wouldnt feel bad about clicking on it. dont think that people dont sneak shit in all the time to record shows. its even more blatant now. i was at PLAID and all i saw was phone screens recording the show. security doesnt even bother anymore. fine....sounds like shit....and if thats what you wanna listen to....cool.
im sure when this listening party was set up...they knew FULL WELL....SOMEONE would capture some of it. im sure its seen or used as free advertising. some of it even seems like its filmed a little TOO well for just an ipad or a phone ;). again, sounds like shit [the recording] and may prompt even more people to buy it. i saw in one of the photos there was tripod setup....so.....

Eagle Minded
northernlite wrote:i do feel slightly guilty for posting the link here, but i figured someone might as well

it's all good dude, its there if people want to listen but i for one wont be. i just got to the end of jacquard causeway, smiled a huge smile and shut the window

BoC why you gots to be so good?

Eagle Minded
Helicoid wrote:Not to be ungrateful or anything but the vid only goes to RFTD, which is only 2 songs. Good quality though!

i hear you guys but i was tapped on the shoulder by Josh and then he asked to stop recording - at the BEGINNING of the very next track after RFTD. My guess is the intro/fanfare was considered one track as well? kinda marginal i know ... but i was just being polite and would rather err on the side of caution. certainly don't want to be BOC enemy #1. sorry to disappoint guys ... but i did as he said and cut it in the beginning of the next track.
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Posts Quantity
re-phaelam-ed wrote:
thingsthingsthings wrote:
euue wrote:i knew that was gonna happen but i was hoping it wouldn't :/
i'm gonna just skip this youtube

yeah. sort of a bummer; i think it might make future events like this more unlikely. alas.

i wouldnt worry about that. technology is unstoppable. someone will always get in there somewhere.
if not craftily, then planted to make it seem that way.

unless someone can plug into the source, the recording you're gonna get wont be nearly as good as the real thing. and bottom line, you dont have to click on the link. you can show some restraint and just wait. its not gonna change anything if you hear it a few days earlier. well actually.....it will. you will have dulled your first listen of the actual release.

not sure why everyone needs to get the stuff before theyre supposed to get it.
"good things come....."

you waited 8 years. whats a few more freakin days.

Less concerned about any desire to listen to the youtube clip; I was lucky enough to be there and will hold off on a re-listen until I have the album in my hands.

I get technology iphones blah blah and it was likely to happen, but yesterday was a really, really amazing event; an appreciative gesture for fans who have been waiting around for the last 7 years for something new. And while the whole scout's honor concept might seem trivial, I was hoping that there would be a certain amount of respect given to the band, especially considering BOC's clearly stated request to avoid doing this. They're perfectionists, and obviously want their music to be listened to in the way they intended it to be heard (I still wonder if we would have had some old materials official released if the old-tunes leaks hadn't happened). It is what it is, but it's still a bit disappointing.

Posts Quantity
This is like being left home alone for Christmas will all of your presents! How much self control do you have?

Posts Quantity
paul wrote:
Helicoid wrote:Not to be ungrateful or anything but the vid only goes to RFTD, which is only 2 songs. Good quality though!

i hear you guys but i was tapped on the shoulder by Josh and then he asked to stop recording - at the BEGINNING of the very next track after RFTD. My guess is the intro/fanfare was considered one track as well? kinda marginal i know ... but i was just being polite and would rather err on the side of caution. certainly don't want to be BOC enemy #1. sorry to disappoint guys ... but i did as he said and cut it in the beginning of the next track.

Not a problem I think most of us can understand. The whole thing has been leaked already anyway, albeit in much poorer quality than your own.

Eagle Minded
question though, why is the full album video only 50 minutes? i thought the album was like 62 or something?
Last edited by thinkdontpray on Wed May 29, 2013 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
paul wrote:

no need to apologize, you provided the best quality version of gemini yet and that is a real amazing treat. thanks again dude

Boqurant
thinkdontpray wrote:question though, why is the full album video only 50 minutes? i thought it was like 62 or something?

It's not the full album. It is missing most of New Seeds, and all of Come to Dust and Smyamagersh Mertvykh.

Posts Quantity
PlatrixECV wrote:
thinkdontpray wrote:question though, why is the full album video only 50 minutes? i thought it was like 62 or something?

It's not the full album. It is missing most of New Seeds, and all of Come to Dust and Smyamagersh Mertvykh.

I didn't let myself go that far. I wasn't even on there long enough to realize that it wasn't the full album length.

Posts Quantity
so its a big chunk but missing songs. i might be biased seeing that i have heard it in its entirety, but i really would not want the youtube thing to be my first exposure to this brilliant release.

Boqurant
Helicoid wrote:
PlatrixECV wrote:

I didn't let myself go that far. I wasn't even on there long enough to realize that it wasn't the full album length.

I took one for the team verifying what is in the link since I've already heard the whole thing in proper sound quality. :wink:

Eagle Minded
ok so i skipped ahead through the video at a couple minute intervals and listened each time for like 5 seconds each. thank god the quality is ass other wise i would probably listen through it all but i want to enjoy the music and not the wind. from what i heard though this is going to be EPIC AS BALLS

like as epic as having three balls and two penises!!!

EDIT - 100 pages YAY GUIZE!

Posts Quantity
PlatrixECV wrote:
Helicoid wrote:
PlatrixECV wrote:

I took one for the team verifying what is in the link since I've already heard the whole thing in proper sound quality. :wink:

Didn't think about that, You were there! awesome! Well thanks for verifying. I was kinda curious.

Dayvan Cowboy
thingsthingsthings wrote:I get technology iphones blah blah and it was likely to happen, but yesterday was a really, really amazing event; an appreciative gesture for fans who have been waiting around for the last 7 years for something new. And while the whole scout's honor concept might seem trivial, I was hoping that there would be a certain amount of respect given to the band, especially considering BOC's clearly stated request to avoid doing this. They're perfectionists, and obviously want their music to be listened to in the way they intended it to be heard (I still wonder if we would have had some old materials official released if the old-tunes leaks hadn't happened). It is what it is, but it's still a bit disappointing.

sure, i get what youre saying. im just saying....as much as you ask....there will always be that person that does it.
you gonna stop making things just cuz someones gonna copy it? i dont think so.

this ties in to...why cant people just wait for the album instead of demanding it come out earlier...or that it leak. you cant stop everything because that might happen [it most likely will happen].
you just gotta have faith that there enough people that respect you and what you do to do the right thing. [blah blah blah]

its a freakin amazing thing for them to put on a little event like that. i so WISHED i had checked the twoism page yesterday or sunday and seen that image with the date and time. i was in LA and for sure would have driven out. and for those that got to experience it...they got a real treat.

Eagle Minded
kind of inevitable that the whole thing would be recorded by someone, but idk what kind of person would do that though, after being asked not to. seems a bit of a dick move just for youtube hits.

Posts Quantity
probably wish they could revise their text message to the fans. "love you all minus 1".

Eagle Minded
i hope the video gets pulled for copyright

mdg, you listening?

but man, gemini is so good. it could possibly beat out wildlife for best opener IMO

wowzers

Eagle Minded
dude set the video to private!

maybe his conscience kicked in

or mdg is super fast haha

Posts Quantity
thinkdontpray wrote:dude set the video to private!

maybe his conscience kicked in

or mdg is super fast haha

Good. It will save all of us from temptation.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada