May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
The fact that they don't give a location suggests this probably will be something online, like posting something to their website or youtube account, or as some people suggested, Bleep making it available for download for people who peordered it.

Eagle Minded
Just a thought, what if PDT stands for something else than time? I've no idea what else it could be, and I also think it's going to be something online, but just throwing this here..

Sherbet Head
i doubt it will be anything too major.. they are reaching out here by typing the information in a post on their hell interface account.. this usually just means a little extra treat for the hardcore fans.

Dayvan Cowboy
My educated guess is that it will be another showing publicly of the video, however 17:00 PDT wouldn't be at night, not sure that presenting the video in broad daylight would work, but who knows, the details are too sketchy so I would watch the twitter and fb pages for more clues.

Posts Quantity
It would be a classy move if everyone who ordered TH on the first pre order day ( all of twoisim :P ) on LP would receive it first and early . So to subvert the leaks that are bound to happen between now and june 5th-7th .It would explain our Beep order status .
A B R A C A D A B R A
.A B R A C A D A B R
..A B R A C A D A B
...A B R A C A D A
....A B R A C A D
.....A B R A C A
......A B R A C
.......A B R A
........A B R
.........A B
..........A

Eagle Minded
bet its a new hell interface track!

Eagle Minded
Is a tough call ... if they announce early release wouldn't that kinda piss on the Paris listening party? Unless they go early in just one place - here. But since digital download is pervasive, it doesn't add up.

I'm thinking more realistically another Easter egg? Either way, if it turns out to be my hometown of San Francisco, I am only two hours away. I will have my 5D Mark II and my Zoom H4N and I won't be afraid to get where I need to for the shot and sound.

Of course half of SF will likely do the same, but hey, I still like to sound edgy. The seaside postcard town of Monterey can really harden a guy! :wink:
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Posts Quantity
paul wrote:Is a tough call ... if they announce early release wouldn't that kinda piss on the Paris listening party? Unless they go early in just one place - here. But since digital download is pervasive, it doesn't add up.

I'm thinking more realistically another Easter egg? Either way, if it turns out to be my hometown of San Francisco, I am only two hours away. I will have my 5D Mark II and my Zoom H4N and I won't be afraid to get where I need to for the shot and sound.

Of course half of SF will likely do the same, but hey, I still like to sound edgy. The seaside postcard town of Monterey can really harden a guy! :wink:

If it turns out they announce a listing party in San Fran ... Im on the next flight

What if Hell Interface announce an album? that would be surreal .
A B R A C A D A B R A
.A B R A C A D A B R
..A B R A C A D A B
...A B R A C A D A
....A B R A C A D
.....A B R A C A
......A B R A C
.......A B R A
........A B R
.........A B
..........A

Dayvan Cowboy
paul wrote:Is a tough call ... if they announce early release wouldn't that kinda piss on the Paris listening party?

Yeah.. that would be odd. No early release before the Paris party.

My first thought was some kind of HI track as well. Or something having to do with the Hell Interface YT channel.

Hell, maybe all the additional material from the past eight years (wasn't there mention of a double album at some point?) is a.. new...

Posts Quantity
I'm wondering if it won't be something related to vinyl represses. The fact that they used the Hell Interface account might mean they're talking about old stuff (ancient name of the group).
Then maybe they use the official boctransmission twitter account only for the recent stuff (with the Tokyo screening for example).

Eagle Minded
Ottomatik wrote:I'm wondering if it won't be something related to vinyl represses...

this would be very welcome indeed

Sherbet Head
Ottomatik wrote:Then maybe they use the official boctransmission twitter account only for the recent stuff

keep in mind they gave us one of the codes through the hellinterface youtube account
and i don't think they'd overlap a new album with repressing of old albums, too close together
*farts*

idk

Sherbet Head
I'd almost prefer it if it was a new video since we're getting the album so soon, it would be like something extra instead if something we're getting anyway. I guess I'm greedier than I am impatient :)
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Posts Quantity
paul wrote:Is a tough call ... if they announce early release wouldn't that kinda piss on the Paris listening party? Unless they go early in just one place - here. But since digital download is pervasive, it doesn't add up.

I wouldn't mind if they did a surprise in store appearance at Amoeba Records. That would be blow my already fragile brain to little pieces. Its not going to happen but we can fantasize. :-)

Boqurant
rainier wrote:I think signs are pointing to early release. All of our bleep orders saying "in progress" and now this makes it seem likely! Pleasepleaseplease

Hmmm... I thought the switch to "in_progress" was a bit too early for June 11th :o

Posts Quantity
May there will be a renegade performance at the old Naval base in Alamameda where the album cover photo was taken.

Dayvan Cowboy
The brothers are going through the record store there to figure out exactly where the hell the missing XXXXXX records went seeing at the price they go for on eBay!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sherbet Head
Yeah, it's definitely not the usual for bleep preorders to switch to that unless they're about to go out. Like I mentioned elsewhere, someone e-mailed them and they said they were just switching stuff around and don't get your hopes up, but who knows at this point.

And I would be so psyched if they did a dvd for this release. I know they've mentioned wanting to put some of their own film work out there but don't have the funds. It would be cool if that's possible now. If not, I don't have much to give, but would definitely donate to a kickstarter or the like if they wanted to get their stuff out. The Neil Krug stuff is excellent, but I'd love to see their visual art too.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Eagle Minded
5pm in California... seems an odd time for something. and seems an odd timezone to pick for something that would land digitally.

and it is super unlikely that Warp would release the album digitally far ahead of physical media thus massively screwing record stores.

So perhaps it is an event?

I would peg LA over SF. Neil Krug is in LA and it's possible he or his silverlake agency honeybadgerco are involved in more than just the promo vid, the RFTD vid, and the record art. A listening party at Ameoba Records in LA perhaps?

Eagle Minded
GH wrote:Both Tommorow's Harvest and the birth of my child are due on the same day, and either, or both could happen early.

Aaaaaarghhhh!

You should make sure that this album is the first music that your child listens to!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada