May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
While doing some research I noticed something.

In the Reach For the Dead video there's a brief shot of what looks like an empty pool with trash and trees growing out of it.

The location being pointed out here is clearly an abandoned waterpark.

Maybe they left something here for us.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Posts Quantity
It's actually pretty clever. The parking lot would hold as many people as would make the trip, easily. It's not the sort of holiday that would cause conflicts, as all the activity is usually wrapping around noon, plus you're far from major civilization anyway. And it's our holiday for remembering the dead.
I joked with someone a while back about needing to bring a reel-to-reel, etc to Yermo but maybe it'll happen over radio instead, the way you got the audio at a drive-in. I remember Aphex had a weird gig at a botanical garden a long time ago, where they gave wireless headphones to the attendees so they could wander.

New Seed
Anyone else that plans to go here tomorrow, do you want to exchange numbers? Seems like the location is vague so it would be cool to be able to contact each other incase we stumble upon what is really going down.

PM if you want to exchange info.

Sherbet Head
rainier wrote:[/grandma]

:lol:

Oh man, they just don't stop with the hype. 24 hours left!

Who could have predicted all the activity in the last month? Wonderful.

Friendly Stranger
Marcus: you think we could get 'em to drive out to the middle of the CA desert again?
Mike: totally.

Posts Quantity
blastrid wrote:Marcus: you think we could get 'em to drive out to the middle of the CA desert again?
Mike: totally.

David Koresh was a lightweight...

Posts Quantity
Hopefully there's a blue windsock here so we don't have to go to Mt. Carmel next;)

Sherbet Head
DaveJ wrote:But struggling to think of what it could be. Seems an odd place to have much going on at 5pm on a Monday? Compared to that super busy junction in Tokyo.

Yeah it does seem a little weird. There weren't that many people who showed up in Tokyo either, right? It looked to be about 40ish people. But of course they knew someone would share it on the web so it did it's job. If something is happening I'm sure they banked on at least a couple CA fans making it down there. But it's still a headscratcher.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

New Seed
I think all of this covert marketing is incredible. I always talk about the sorts of creative possibilities that notoriety and a bit of money allow. It's great when an artist can expand his/her craft beyond the canvas itself. In the case of BoC I believe they probably see all of this hype as an artistic pursuit that encapsulates the music and transforms it into more of an adventure than simply a listening experience (though of course the music easily stands alone and every track is a tremendous adventure already :o ).

Boqurant
Well, I live too damn close to not go. Plus I just convinced my buddy to come with! And we both graduated college last week so why the hell not! See you guys there!

Posts Quantity
rainier wrote:Yeah it does seem a little weird. There weren't that many people who showed up in Tokyo either, right? It looked to be about 40ish people. But of course they knew someone would share it on the web so it did it's job. If something is happening I'm sure they banked on at least a couple CA fans making it down there. But it's still a headscratcher.

lol 40 people? maybe in the first row http://media.warp.net/images/shibuya.jpg

Sherbet Head
So if there is a thing, and they have those little promo postcards, I'll make someone one of these shirts in the color and album font of your choice iffin you grab me one.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Boqurant
Fredd-E wrote:http://bocpages.org/wiki/Statements_from_Hexagon_Sun#May_2013

Can anyone explain the importance of mdg's statement?

Happy Cycler
kidfortoday70 wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:http://bocpages.org/wiki/Statements_from_Hexagon_Sun#May_2013

Can anyone explain the importance of mdg's statement?

"Except there haven't been any listening parties yet."

Dayvan Cowboy
I wish I could make it out there, sounds like it will be great, whatever happens.

Dayvan Cowboy
Well it is secluded, the network out there might be bad, it's on a holiday so you can round up enough people, it's at 5pm so not too late for those having anything the next day.

I reckon it might be a listening party, the bad network would ensure limiting the leaking, the secluded place would ensure controlling access, it makes sense.

It would be grandiose to have an incredible sound system and play that into the deserted spot out there... damnit, 4420 km is a bit far for me...

New Seed
I think I'll bring a gopro too. If nothing happens i guess I could at least make my own music video lol.

Happy Cycler
I'm in Phoenix but I really want to drive all the way out there. It's not TOO far. Give or take a little more than the distance to Vegas, so probably about a 6 hour drive.

Problem is how much that shit would cost in gas money. If I didn't have to worry about that I'd totally make the trip since I don't work tomorrow and could leave in the morning and be back by midnight.

Oh well, where's high speed fully electric cars when you need them?

Whoever goes, make sure to film everything, whatever it may be. If there's someone there and they tell you to put it away, leave it on in your pocket. :wink:
Last edited by Jonse on Mon May 27, 2013 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
I will be there. instagram: vatogram

I'll join the meetup, and PM my number to anyone going out there.

Gotta do it.

PS - Everyone please bring lots of water.

Boqurant
Just joined. I will be going, I've been waiting 15 years for something, anything to do with BoCs local to me. We're probably all getting trolled, but whatever.

And that is going to be *hideous* traffic coming back into LA... you're getting everything coming back from Vegas and Havasu. At least it is an opportunity to eat at the original Del Taco in Barstow.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada