May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

kelp wrote:Did anyone that go write any reviews about the album in this thread? (other than the one big post i think i caught sight of somewhere)

I listed some interesting forum posts: http://bocpages.org/wiki/Tomorrow%27s_Harvest_Viral_Marketing_Campaign#Forum

Dayvan Cowboy
It's interesting that the Warp rep claims that the brothers haven't left Scotland in years. I was always under the impression they had gone their separate ways for a period of time after TCH (New Zealand, etc) - I always kind of felt that's what the title "Constants Are Changing" referred to. I hope they grant at least one interview to tie into the TH release where they can at least touch briefly on what they've been up to besides parenthood over the past few years.

Sherbet Head
oops - wrong thread. how do I delete this..
Last edited by chronical on Tue May 28, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Hey I was just wondering... Was Tonx in on this from the beginning? He was talking to some dude there about brothers and whether or not are they watching the stream and he said something like they probably are watching, taking a break from completing the box set of old stuff? That was a joke right?

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:
kelp wrote:Did anyone that go write any reviews about the album in this thread? (other than the one big post i think i caught sight of somewhere)

I listed some interesting forum posts: http://bocpages.org/wiki/Tomorrow%27s_Harvest_Viral_Marketing_Campaign#Forum

Disappointed Fredd-e that you didn't list any of my ridiculous comments and swearing

:P

J

Sherbet Head
Moz wrote:Hey I was just wondering... Was Tonx in on this from the beginning? He was talking to some dude there about brothers and whether or not are they watching the stream and he said something like they probably are watching, taking a break from completing the box set of old stuff? That was a joke right?
I didn't hear that.. :roll:

Dayvan Cowboy
Moz wrote:Hey I was just wondering... Was Tonx in on this from the beginning? He was talking to some dude there about brothers and whether or not are they watching the stream and he said something like they probably are watching, taking a break from completing the box set of old stuff? That was a joke right?

I don't think he was in on it, but anyone who has read mdg's posts from over the years knows all about the fabled BoC set/remastering of old material that has been going on for like 10 years now.

Boqurant

It was very strange how he made a very intentional stroll up the stairwell overlooking the lot, to talk to that one guy. Could have been completely innocent, but I couldn't understand why without a nod as to when exactly something was happening, he was more interested in capturing a view that he'd just strolled down the hill from again than being down on the ground. Having that little exchange with the guy up there on his own as well, it all seemed a bit... odd? *adjusts tin foil hat*
'All data that exists is both reality and fantasy. Whichever it is, the data a person collects in a lifetime is a tiny bit compared to the whole.'
http://boardsofcanada2013.tumblr.com

Sherbet Head

i think the lad Tonx was just making a joke. he was no more in on it than i was while sitting at my desk 1,000s km away.

the guy he spoke to up the hill, the one with the tache? nah just random fan as well. not from Warp.

Sherbet Head
So... Anyone at the listening party pick up any spare posters/stickers? :wink: :lol:

Posts Quantity
MindElevation wrote:So... Anyone at the listening party pick up any spare posters/stickers? :wink: :lol:

Almost sure you'll get stickers /w your preorder.

Sherbet Head
i'm gonna hold out for one of those listening party water bottles to appear on ebay.
have cash ready and waiting for a legit bottle :roll:

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:It's interesting that the Warp rep claims that the brothers haven't left Scotland in years. I was always under the impression they had gone their separate ways for a period of time after TCH (New Zealand, etc) - I always kind of felt that's what the title "Constants Are Changing" referred to. I hope they grant at least one interview to tie into the TH release where they can at least touch briefly on what they've been up to besides parenthood over the past few years.

Talking to him somewhat confirmed something that I had long believed and that is that people read WAY too much into things like videos and album art, seeing hidden meaning that isn't really there. Even a group like BOC has a record label with a marketing dept that does it's job in creating the hype and image in many ways. Obviously the group would have a lot of input, but looking at all the comments where people imagined Mike and Marcus traveling around the high desert of California makes me chuckle.

New Seed
I have read this board for years but never joined the community... I'm a bit of a low-key kinda guy. :) My gf and I made the journey yesterday to the listening party and were simply blown away by everything. I think I can speak for all of us that live in this area..We were so honored and lucky to have an event like this happen. It was just amazing after all these years of being a BOC fan to come together with all these people to listen to their new album together. I will never forget this event and I want to thank all the amazing people for making it special. Thanks to Warp and BOC for making this thing happen.

On a side note--How many of you guys wondered if BOC was tweaking away at knobs inside that Airstream..one can only dream..haha

New Seed
Synthetrix wrote:
Opothecary wrote:It's interesting that the Warp rep claims that the brothers haven't left Scotland in years. I was always under the impression they had gone their separate ways for a period of time after TCH (New Zealand, etc) - I always kind of felt that's what the title "Constants Are Changing" referred to. I hope they grant at least one interview to tie into the TH release where they can at least touch briefly on what they've been up to besides parenthood over the past few years.

Talking to him somewhat confirmed something that I had long believed and that is that people read WAY too much into things like videos and album art, seeing hidden meaning that isn't really there. Even a group like BOC has a record label with a marketing dept that does it's job in creating the hype and image in many ways. Obviously the group would have a lot of input, but looking at all the comments where people imagined Mike and Marcus traveling around the high desert of California makes me chuckle.

I agree with you 100%. But one can only dream right ;)

Sherbet Head
dubprocess wrote:I have read this board for years but never joined the community... I'm a bit of a low-key kinda guy. :) My gf and I made the journey yesterday to the listening party and were simply blown away by everything. I think I can speak for all of us that live in this area..We were so honored and lucky to have an event like this happen. It was just amazing after all these years of being a BOC fan to come together with all these people to listen to their new album together. I will never forget this event and I want to thank all the amazing people for making it special. Thanks to Warp and BOC for making this thing happen.

On a side note--How many of you guys wondered if BOC was tweaking away at knobs inside that Airstream..one can only dream..haha

n-no secret recordings from the two of you? or at least from the first three songs, seeing as the quality from the stream is pretty horrible..

Eagle Minded
On a side note, this is the company that provided the sound for the event.

http://www.sir-usa.com/location.php?city=los-angeles

Posts Quantity
Synthetrix wrote:On a side note, this is the company that provided the sound for the event.

hey man, i recognized you from your self portrait. was nearby with my wife, she saw you doing the selfie and then was obsessed with doing one for us. sorry i didn't say hello, but with everyone being so hushed for the music didn't wanna intrude

Eagle Minded
Spaced wrote:
Synthetrix wrote:On a side note, this is the company that provided the sound for the event.

hey man, i recognized you from your self portrait. was nearby with my wife, she saw you doing the selfie and then was obsessed with doing one for us. sorry i didn't say hello, but with everyone being so hushed for the music didn't wanna intrude

It's all good. Once the music started people got really quiet and enjoyed the album. It's a pleasure to post-event meet you.
Cheers!

Dayvan Cowboy
Synthetrix wrote:Talking to him somewhat confirmed something that I had long believed and that is that people read WAY too much into things like videos and album art, seeing hidden meaning that isn't really there. Even a group like BOC has a record label with a marketing dept that does it's job in creating the hype and image in many ways. Obviously the group would have a lot of input, but looking at all the comments where people imagined Mike and Marcus traveling around the high desert of California makes me chuckle.

I feel the same way, with the videos in particular. I think people want to feel that every sound and image comes directly from them for a couple of reasons. They have such a complete vision of what encompasses their sound, that people assume that extends to the visual realm as well, especially since a lot of their earlier interviews emphasized their interest in visual endeavors, especially with Peter Iain Campbell in the mix.

I'm sure the days of Hexagon Sun "collective" (ie high school friends) are long over (and with it, the emphasis on creating visuals to accompany their music) the same way that everyone starts their own families and spend most of their time with them and on their work (music in this case) - so I didn't really expect them to be major players in the visual aspect of the TH campaign aside from signing off on it. I think if anything, these days the visual stuff is just a hobby to them.

All that aside, I do remember them mentioning in an interview circa TCH that they had been or would soon be living apart outside of Scotland, which was before their location on Facebook/Myspace was set to New Zealand and so on. Just wondering what happened with that, and if they moved back to Scotland to recapture their muse, or if they felt living in a different place for a time would jar their creativity.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada